“The charm is only skin deep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre

Save Saved
You added Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre to your Saves list
Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 rue Aristide Bruant | 18th Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Special Rate
€10 (EUR)
Ranked #1,058 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
“The charm is only skin deep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Pavillon has are charming lobby, but that's where the charm ends. This was my 2nd stay here. My first time the room was a disappointment, but I came back because it was cheap, and had gained a star. However, this time the disappointment was far greater. Despite having booked a double room in advance, we were informed by the receptionist that the they were putting us in an apartment away from the hotel. I pointed out that we had chosen the hotel because of its location (just 50m from my friends apartment), but she said it was all they had, but "don't worry, it's the same price!". So off we trundled, 5 mins from where we wanted to be, to our apartment, which turned out to be a small, cold, dark, ground floor studio with tiny bathroom and creaky bunk beds. Climbing the ladder to the top bunk was painful, and very few of the lights were working. Charmless, dreadful. Not at all value for money. Definitely not 3 star accommodation, and I'm horrified we weren't provided with some sort of part-refund as a result.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review.
Due to an overbooking problem on that specific day, we had to relocate you in one of our Montmartre flat.
Please note that this situation occurs very rarely.
I would like to apologize here for any incovenience that have been caused and I understand your disappointment.
Please contact us for a partial refund.

I am looking forward to hearing from you very soon.

Kind regards from Paris.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great cost, adequate breakfast, helpful staff. Poor quality rooms, very small, not well kept, bathroom straight out if the 70's. on a budget and want to stay in Montmarte? Give it a whirl. Can afford to spend an extra £100? Go elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review that is unfair to me.
Hotel Pavillon Montmartre*** has been now completly renovated.
We offer clean,well kept and cosy rooms at a very competitive rate.
The rest is a matter of taste...
Besides,the hotel is located in one of the very TOP area in Paris:Montmartre.
Also,as mentioned many times on TripAdvisor,our staff is friendly and always willing to help.
So do not hesitate and BOOK directly through our OFFICIAL WEBSITE(best RATE!).

We are looking forward to welcome you.

Kind regards.

CH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife, my 11 old son and me, we enjoyed our 4 nights stay in this hotel very much!
Kind reception, nice, clean and comfortable room and bath room. I especially liked the beautiful shower with a floor made of little pebble stones, which gave me an enjoyable foot massage :-)
Breakfast is OK, but the best is the location: Just a few steps from Metro, ad in the heart of most beautiful Montmarte, surrounded by nice shops and cafés in the morning, and bars and restaurants in the evening.
Very recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Turi, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Excellent location, nice room. The buffet breakfast was a bit too spartan, but OK. We happened to be in Paris during a terrible heatwave, and some air conditioning would have been of some helo. Helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!
I am glad you had a nice stay with and I do hope you had a safe journey back home to Italy.
We offer fantastic deals on our OFFICIAL WEBSITE for november/december/january - so do not hesitate to come back and visit us in our unique neighborhood: the Montmartre Village.

Kind regards from cold but sunny Paris today!

See you very soon in Paris.

Donegal Town, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Am a regular visitor to France and Paris in particular and have stayed in many hotels and apartments over the years. This hotel however was probably the worst. Walls are paper thin - entire conversations, arguments, even 'sniffs' (and other things...) of guests in other rooms can be heard. Room small as is norm for Paris but issue mainly is with the cleanliness. It was never dusted during entire stay. Every trip to the bathroom involved firstly getting rid of some ants which seemed to live there - under sink pedestal and behind broken tiles. Handheld shower was broken too so not the easiest to use. Staff at reception during daytime were generally not very friendly - quite abrupt, unpleasant and not at all welcoming - however male staff during the evenings were much better.
If you are looking for a very basic hotel in a great location - this is it. If however you'd like something a little better for your money look elsewhere - the location is the only benefit that this hotel has. There are plenty of hotels in nearby streets that offer much better value.

Room Tip: Choosing a room on the top floor would probably offer a view of some sort - ours was a grey wall - p...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
desarts, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to post my comments regarding this last review that appears totally unfair to me.
Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre*** offers clean rooms,has been recently renovated-and offers very competitive rates for a 3 star hotel located in one of the top area of Paris:the" Montmartre Village".
In my opinion,you might simply have booked the wrong hotel that did not offer the standart or service you are used to...
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Kind regards from Montmartre.

We are looking forward to welcome you here!.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms are small which is what you would expect from Paris, and for the price you really can't complain about it. The beds were clean, moderate comfort, and there was a large window which opened up as well, which was nice to let a breeze in at night. The shower is a hand held one (not attached to the wall) which makes that task extremely difficult.. especially if you are a woman trying to shave her legs. We do not speak fluent french, which seems to be insulting for many parisians.. and even though the desk lady spoke some english, she often just rambled off quickly in french which we found frustrating. The night desk men were very friendly. If you are looking for a bed to sleep on at a good rate for paris this is it. If you are looking for a little more, perhaps spend a few extra bucks elsewhere

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room we had was not 4* quality room 506. In need of decorating, air con looked like on its last legs & beds crammed in. 1 king & 1 single. However, after letting staff know it didn't match what we had seen on the Internet we were moved to room 206 which was a big improvement. They did this without any fuss. For me, the service is brilliant & this made up for our first night. I would stay here again for that reason.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hotel Pavillon de Montmartre? Share your experiences!