“Disappointing, dishonest hotel - STAY AWAY!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paris Louis Blanc

You added Hotel Paris Louis Blanc to your Saves list
Hotel Paris Louis Blanc
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 rue du Faubourg St Martin | 10th Arr., 75010 Paris, France (Formerly Campanile Paris X Gare du Nord)   |
Ranked #1,007 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Tampere, Finland
“Disappointing, dishonest hotel - STAY AWAY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stopped in Paris for two nights and decided to go with Hotel Paris Louis Blanc through Booking.com due to good reviews. What a mistake I made.

The hotel itself was middle range but the "customer service" and ultimate dishonesty definitely spoiled the whole thing. When I checked out I wasn't given an invoice of my stay although I did wonder about that. Apparently that's not the hotel's policy. When I checked my credit card statement the hotel had billed me for the two nights plus 4 BREAKFASTS which was interesting since I didn't have any breakfast and I stayed for two nights ALONE and clearly indicated this when I checked out. The hotel has refused to answer Booking.com about the matter now for over two weeks and clearly feels that they have a right to add whatever phantom charges to the bill if they wish.

The staff was also very rude. The "free wi-fi" that they advertised was down most of my stay. When I went down to the reception to ask about the matter, the receptionist shouted at me before I even got properly off the elevator that there's no point asking, it's down and that I was stupid not realising it from the lobby's screen (I had just checked in, how was I to know that the lobby screen was supposed to be connected to the internet?). I had work to do so I tried asking when it would be fixed or if there were any free wi-fi zones in Paris and the receptionist just answered that she didn't know or care. Nice customer service! The only nice people were the cleaning staff.

All and all, I would advice to stay well clear of this hotel. Extra phantom costs and rude behaviour did it for me.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Breda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel for 3 nights and were extremely happy with our choice. The room was relatively large, modern and definitely clean. The furniture was all new and the mattress was very comfortable. Our booking included a buffet breakfast which was simple, but good. The location of the hotel was absolutely perfect: in front of Louis Blanc metro station and 5min walk to Stalingrad metro station. There is not much to do in the area, but the centre is only 10-15min by metro. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the hotel also has a parking facility.

Room Tip: Ask for view on the garden if you want to make sure you have a quite room.
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night with a friend in november and we had a very enjoyable stay. the hotel is across the road from the metro station which is very convenient, staff on reception were friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was very nice, clean and comfortable. the rooms are bright and colourful which might not be to everyones taste but i thought it made the place look modern and interesting. they are a little on the small side which could perhaps be a problem for a longer stay, but for one night it was perfect. our room had a balcony, comfortable double bed, tea and coffee facilities and a clean bathroom with both a bath and shower.

all in all it was a lovely stay, especially for the price and i would definitely go back to this hotel if i was to return to paris.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Natacha P, Directeur général at Hotel Paris Louis Blanc, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Katie-Astles,

Thank you so much for your lovely review regarding your last stay in our Hotel Paris Louis Blanc.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your Parisian stay among us.
I will relay your feedback to the front office and the housekeeping staff and I'm sure that they will love it !

I hope that we will have the opportunity to greet you again in Paris !

Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My girlfriend and I arrived after 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord - very easy to find the hotel. Receptionist was friendly and efficient. Room was small - booking said "double prestige" - but more than adequate for three nights. We got a great rate for a Wednesday to Saturday stay so no complaints there.

Bathroom clean and had hairdryer in it, good power on shower within 3/4 length bath. Large TV, comfy double bed, a couple of coffees and teas were provided but replenished every day, and also new towels each day too.

We were on the fourth floor looking over the main street. With the window shut the noise from the street was minimal, but we like to sleep with a window open - even in November! - and it was noisy open, but with earplugs in when sleeping at night we weren't disturbed. As it felt warm inside the room it was great to be able to open the floor-to-ceiling window wide - iron railings were in place - as in the UK we often can only open the window a crack due to the usual health and safety restrictions. Obviously in the UK adults can't be trusted not to hurl themselves out of windows every chance they get...!

Great location for the Louis Blanc metro which is right outside and the line goes to the Louvre which was handy and is open late on a Wednesday until 9:45PM - our first tourist sight on the late afternoon we arrived. Area around the hotel is not what I would call rough - it is safe enough - there are a few bars and restaurants very near, we walked around a few blocks and felt safe at 9-10PM. In any case the metro is so near - mere metres - that you can get anywhere else safely. Also it's 25-40 minutes walking distance to Monmartre/Sacre Coeur which we did at 8AM on the Saturday morning.

We would recommend this hotel and use it again myself.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Natacha P, Directeur général at Hotel Paris Louis Blanc, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving us a such detailed and great review !
We are always delighted to read that are guest enjoyed their stay among us and that we reached their expectations.
We read with attention your comments about the rooms equipement and amenieties, and we are really glad that it fullfilled all your needs for a perfect stay.
We look forward to greeting you for a new Parisian stay !

Natacha P,
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was a 10 minute walk from eurostar terminal, the room was a little petite, but we had a balcony, the staff were really nice people, the room was clean and tidy, it was also right opposite the metro station which was one stop from eurostar, if we go to Paris again we will stay there again. You could only have breakfast at the hotel but there are lots of places to eat there, within walking distance.

Room Tip: get one with a balcony.
Dear Guest,

Thank your very much for your delighting review.
It's a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you will choose us for your next Parisian stay !
Do not hesitate to contact us for for your next booking, we will personnalize your arrival.

Looking forward to greeting you !

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

A good 10-15 mins walk from Gare du Nord with heavy cases but conveniently located just across the road from the metro. Rooms small but comfortable, slightly noisy if on road but we paid a very good price for the four of us so cant complain. The reception staff were ALL excellent, very helpful, and there is a bakery round the corner and two excellent restaurants within a couple of minutes. A taxi back to the station was an expensive luxury at 18 euros!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Natacha P, Directeur général at Hotel Paris Louis Blanc, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Dear Sherril O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share a review about our Hotel Paris Louis Blanc.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay among us.
I will relay your feedback to my staff and I'm sure that they will be enjoyed about your compliments.
From the gare du Nord we advise our guest to take the bus number 54.
I'm really saddened to read that you've been charged too much for the taxi.

I hope that we will have the chance to greet you an other time !

Summerland, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Convenient location across the st from train station. Very small room but clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the serve yourself breakfast ; good variety of things to choose from, great coffee! Many choices of restaurants close by. Pleasant walk along canal one block away. Gare Du Nord close by made it easy to get to the sites of Paris. Reasonable price. As Canadians we were a bit surprised to find that the hotel staff weren't familiar with Vimy Ridge , but we probably shouldn't have expected that they would know about it. We rented a car and managed to find it - no small feat!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Natacha P, Directeur général at Hotel Paris Louis Blanc, responded to this review, November 10, 2014
Dear PatMCook,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on our Trip Advisor page.
We are delighted to read that we reached your expectations in terms of services and quality.
Our location enable our guests to visit Paris by just a few metro stops !

We hope to have the chance to be your hotel for your next Parisian stay !

General Manager.

Been to Hotel Paris Louis Blanc? Share your experiences!