“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #768 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
italy
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is easy to get to from the airport CDG. Take the train from the airport to Gare du Nord and then the metro M5 to Breguet Sabin. It is also close to Chemin Vert metro stop. Most importantly the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children). The room had 2 queen beds and a hot water boiler for coffee or tea.
It is very hard to find a hotel in paris with 4 (quadruple beds) in one room so we didn't have much choice but the price was good (for Paris). The breakfast was a bit pricey so we went to the little store just down the street. The hotel is close to the Bastille. We walked to the Louvre Museum but it is a bit far, however the hotel is next to the metro stop. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is nothing special but what you'd expect from the chain. Clean, good value and well located. It is about a five min walk from Chemin du Vert metro and also close to Bastille Metro. Staff was pleasant and helpful, breakfast was adequate. Rooms small but reasonable for Paris. Overall a good value and resonable accomodation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in a very nice neighbourhood. Rooms are small and have no fridge but are clean and the bed is good. Employees in the hotel are friendly and the parking for 24 euro p/day beneath the hotel is superb. Metro station is very close..

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good price and good position. Staff people are nice. Breakfast is ok, with wide choice. Rooms are nice but there was no toilet brush. Í had a little problem with Check out which is within midday but when we went back to the room at 11.45 a.m. to take our luggage our key (badge) had already been disactivated! And our luggages were locked inside our room as happened to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SCOTLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked a room with a double bed and two singles.. Room was clean. Although its not luxury. Very basic. A good shower but that's about it. The noise from the two lifts was unbelievable. My mother thought the noise was a tumble dryer going all night....no it was the lift!!!!!
We asked the next morning to be relocated to anger room, they gave us a key for another which was even nearer the lift!!! We went back to the reception and my daughter explained the problem in French (thank goodness someone speaks the language). She was informed there was nothing they could do. My daughter asked for a reduction....no chance. So if you're a light sleeper, think it through. The upside is the metro is 50 yards from the door, and the other line is 200 yards away. The number 69 bus stop is also 50 yards away. We got on and stayed on until we arrived behind the Eiffel Tower, the route took us through St Paul, under the arch at The Louvre and along the Seine.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lift.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed here on a school trip for a duration of 7 days and 8 nights and it was awesome! If you are a "newbie" when it comes to travelling in Europe, you should know that a lot of the hotels and apartment sizes are really small. So don't expect the room to be huge, but more..quaint and cute I should say :) Even though my room mate and I were "unintentionally" very messy, we always came to our hotel room at the end of the day with a clean room, bed, new towels..it was just neat and clean! The bathrooms are a plus :) We had a very deep bathtub and the hot water came out really well..so well that it kind of massaged my back haha... There's a elevator!- which a lot of people surprisingly asked about because apparently there aren't many elevators in Paris apartments..
I don't know how much it costed to use the breakfast dining area because I was part of a school trip, but it was pretty decent! There's a lot of delicious breads to choose from, yogurt, tea, cheese, ham, fruits, cereal, just your basic kinda breakfast. If you're here for the winter..I'd suggest just staying here and paying for the breakfast because I remember how it was really cold in Paris and I went during the end of March..brr was it cold..I wouldn't want to walk anywhere to find a cafe or a place to eat every morning..
The location of this hotel is awesome! and it's design is more "modern" I would say, compared to the cute/historical style of the apartments surrounding the hotel. There is a subway near the hotel called the Bastille stop? and..one HUGE helpful TIP! There is a supermarket really close to the hotel called Supermarche or something, but it's in Red...and it opened up at around 9:30 and closed at 8 ish? Theres also a mcdonalds on the other side of the street to your left when you reach the Bastille statue (huge green statue with two golden figures on the top) and french pharmacies if you're a shopaholic like me!

Room Tip: My friend and I stayed in one of those rooms that was facing towards the street, but I'd recomme...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The title says it all. Rooms were clean, free wifi (which was dicey most times), staff was courteous and helpful. The best was the location - close to Marais, Place des Voges, diverse cafes and restaurants, across the street from Franprix and a pharmacy. Convenient location for metro. One good thing this hotel taught me about myself: I prefer that charming, Parisian vibe. Even if it is a little "quaint." This was just too hipster green for me. But, it was okay. Oh -- and the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room or at least ask if the room that you're being assigned is a renovated r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Campanile Paris XI Bastille? Share your experiences!