“Good 3 Star Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Paris 11 - Bastille

You added Campanile Paris 11 - Bastille to your Saves list
Campanile Paris 11 - Bastille
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Rue Du Chemin Vert, 75011 Paris, France (Bastille / Oberkampf)   |
Ranked #810 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Good 3 Star Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Front desk staff were good, check in service and enquires with Lorenz especially. The rooms are of modern design but simple and quite small. No fridge or safety box in the room. The free internet worked okay. No English TV channels which was disappointing considering France is an international travel destination. Hotel is close to 2 Metro stations where you can then easily navigate the entire city. There are cafe's nearby and a supermarket just across the road. Good 3 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
ireland west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of September. I was travelling with my Dad, we had requested a twin room,when checking into the hotel, there was a short delay but on the plus side we got upgraded to a larger family room. The room was quite big, 2 single beds and 1 double, more than enough space for 2 people. Everything was spotless and room was cleaned to a very high standard everyday. Air conditioning was fantastic, it was approx 27-30 degrees when we stayed and it was so nice to come back to a cool room after a day of sightseeing. The metro station Bruget- Sabin is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel and Chemin Vert about 5 min. There is a supermarket across the road and a larger one about 5 min away. There are many nice restaurants in the area. Overall I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Paris. For 3 nights accommodation without breakfast we paid £192 ( €230) and with budget flights for £40, this was a very inexpensive trip to one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stay in this hotel for 3 night end of the August. Good location, friendly staff, specialy receptionis (sorry forgot name, hi is originaly german), the value for money. Bad point: chambermaid came in the room with no knoking in half an hours after we was checked in. Well we were not naked before taking a shower.

Room Tip: Room on 6th floor with balcony - comfortable for smokers.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was the first one for some time where I ignored the reviews of tripadvisor in order to make the other party with us happy. Had I not done so!. The room for myself with four children was way to small, nowhere to hang things up, itstank of smoke in spite of the warnings everywhere. The shower, updated for wheelchairs, was for us without them unpleasant as the water coninually ran everywhere there being no separation between shower and the other area. As we arrived the price that I had been quoted moths earler was immediately challenged in an agressive manner- if i was the manager this person would not be working anymore in this hotel. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more light
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friend stayed at Campanile in the middle of August, in peak season and were really surprised by the cheap price for a hotel in such a good location - £63 per night for the first two nights and £53 for the second two nights for a twin room (without breakfast). Based on the fact the room was so cheap, I was a bit sceptical. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and the hotel delivered everything it promised.

The hotel is in a great location situation about 10 minutes walk from Bastille station and 3 minutes from Breguet Sabin and Chemin Vert. It was really easy to travel anywhere in Paris from here, and easy to walk to Notre Dame and the more interesting parts of the Seine. It was also a relatively clean and safe area, particularly in comparison to Republique and Montmatre which are other common place travellers on a budget stay.

The room itself was sufficient. The decor was very basic - particularly the carpet which was old and worn and discoloured, as were parts of the bathroom. The room and bathroom were, however, very clean, and the beds were comfortable with good quality bed linen which was more important for us. The room was also quiet and a decent size.

One thing I particularly liked about the hotel is that they provided a kettle, tea, coffee and sachets of milk with biscuits which was nice if you didn't want to opt for their paid for buffet breakfast. We didn't try the buffet breakfast but there was a nice outdoor courtyard area to eat the breakfast in, and it looked good.

The only thing I can complain about is the fact the lighting was somewhat dim, and no hand towels were provided. Otherwise, this hotel had everything else we needed (including wifi, a TV and helpful staff) at a really budget price. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This review is late, but I realized I had not done it already.
This hotel was picked because of ratings and reviews as well as a central location. My travel companion and I had not been to Paris before. We were two single ladies and obviously tourists from America. We booked our stay for Thanksgiving holiday for four nights. Our room was as expected, but had a view of the street. Since it was cool we left the windows open a bit at night. We could hear the busyness of the street but it was ok, we enjoyed it. Breakfast daily was lovely, one of the other reasons we picked it. Every morning and evening we walked to the train station. We also walked the area to restauramts and stores. The staff was gracious and quite forgiving as we did not speak ANY French. What we tried we were laughed at, and not in a bad way. The rooms were clean. As I stated we choose this location b/c we planned on seeing a diverse area of Paris and did not want to be too far away from anything. Train rides were no more than 20mns i"d like to say.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
madrid
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I subscribe entirely what has been said in most previous reviews concerning the strong points of this hotel. It is clean, it has quite decent prices and the staff is amiable and well disposed. It is also very conveniently located, at less than 100 meters from two metro stations, several bus lines and at a walking distance of several major sightseeing points, like place des Vosges, Notre Dame and la Ile de la Cité, and even the Louvre.
The nice supermarket at less than 20 meters is also really convenient. In fact, I did not have breakfast at the hotel restaurant, but in the room with the things bought at the supermarket.
I do not share the reviews concerning size of the rooms, but I must clarify that I had a four-people family room, so mine was a special case. For four people, the room was quite good in size, not cramped at all, but in the emergency evacuation plan it can be easily appreciated that, in comparison, other rooms looked tiny.
The size of the room is precisely the greatest strength of this hotel in my opinion. As most parents do know, it is quite difficult to find hotels offering family rooms for more than three people, in a good location in a major city and at reasonable prices. Most hotels only give the option to take two side-to-side rooms, giving a token discount around 10% at most, which, as can be imagined, is a very costly option if you want to spend several days at the hotel. Therefore, Campanile Bastille gets my full votes on that point.
Finally, I want to give my opinion on the area where the hotel is located, because I have read a previous review concerning the homeless people staying in the surroundings. The area itself is not specially bad, it is a middle class residential area with good looking buildings, medium level commerce and good restaurant options. It is true that a group of foreign paperless inmigrants seemed to be stablished around the area, but I have been walking around with two six year kids and my wife, some days at relatively late hours, and never felt the slightest sign of threat or risk to my personal security. They did not even beg. Unfortunately, homeless inmigrants seem to be a commom problem in most european major capitals, but I do not think that in this specific case it was specially acute or dangerous.
In summary, if you want to visit Paris with your family, this is a top option from the cost effective point of view.

Room Tip: Every floor seemed to have two big size family rooms. They are worth the price.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Campanile Paris 11 - Bastille? Share your experiences!