“Didnt Enjoy it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Boston, Massachusetts
“Didnt Enjoy it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Came here for a night after returning from a late flight in from Morocco. I checked in late, and although had to wait outside the door for 20 minutes to get inside, I was still happy enough, it seemed like an honest mistake. I get there at 11 pm and they hand me the sheets and towels in a bag, and I get to my room with 4 others there already sleeping, so I couldn't make my bed without waking them. OK, that could all be my fault

The next morning, they woke us up early with a man coming to repair the bathroom, and pressured me into checking out early. I just wanted to lie down for a few minutes before I wait for my train. They were really disrespectful to me on checkout, and were not understanding that I did not immediately know where to put my linens. The place is fine, I guess, I just really hated the people working there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Olivier H, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Bonjour,

For your complain of your stay, it's very stange that you wait 20 mn outside of the hostel when you check in. If you ring outside we open th door immediatly except if the receptionist is in room to help guest. But at this time there is other guest and generally they advise us someone wait out side. And for the security I sure you understand we must to close the entrance. But I check with the guy who work this night.
In the hostel we give you the bed sheets at the check in so if you come late sure people try to make their bed without noise but generally is like this in dormitory, is not like a private room.
For the check out is at 11 am so at this time if people don't check out we must advise them and for information the technical service can acces to the room around 10.30 am not early.
I sure you know in some hostel there is a curfew and all people must to leave the hostel at an hour, so In le village hostel we don't want curfew because some guet go daning and they come back very early so with no curfew they can sleep late but they know the people can access to the room for repare something or clean it for the new guest. this situation is only for the dormitory.
So for you next travel try to reserve a private like this you can compare the both type of the room.
So don't be rude with the staff they just respect the rules.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I went to Paris last December and stayed here for three nights. I had just gotten over a terrible sinusitis/bronchitis and had to sleep a great deal the first day. I was staying with three other girls, but I slept soundly and was barely bothered. When I was better, I really enjoyed sitting on the patio, and the location was pretty awesome. You can walk to Montemartre (definitely worth it at least once) or the train is down the street, less than a quarter of a mile. I was new to Paris and had no trouble finding it. I also felt safe and immediately met some truly fascinating and nice people. This hostel was definitely worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Olivier H, Directeur général at Le Village Hostel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Bonjour,

Thanks to stay with us.
If you come back again to paris try to come in the summer like this you can have a BBQ on the terrace sometimes we made tis for our guest on the terrace.

See you nexttime and Take Care kristen.....
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 10 nights over the Christmas/new years period. Very reasonably priced for Paris and the holiday period. I liked its homey feel. It's quite quirky looking which is nice. My room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Wifi was strong. Breakfast was delicious. The staff were all really friendly, happy to direct you places etc.
overall a very pleasant stay and will stay again

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed at Le Village for just one night and it was just fine. The 4 bed dorm had sufficient space. Our room was at the terrace on first floor so it provided an open space to hangout. The room was clean which was most important for me. Didn't find much time or need to interact with the hostel staff so i cannot comment on that. Also, missed the breakfast because we had an early morning train to catch. The hostel was very close to the metro station which was advantageous.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room on terrace with a view of Sacre Coeur.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

So far, this is one of my favourite Hostels which I have stayed in.

Rooms are a good size, with an Ensuite. Staff are friendly and helpful, wifi is free (though slow at times and only reaches the first floor).

Very clean, and a good breakfast.

The location is good in my opinion, I see some other reviews would disagree, but my girlfriend and I felt safe, and thought the location was convenient to metro stations, food and a couple attractions.

Overall I would recommend Le Village, especially at the price - in Paris it really is a good deal.

Tip: They have a bar on the ground floor, happy hour is 6-9 - try the Cherry Beer, its great.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked and paid for a private double with ensuite in the hostel. On arrival we were told that we had been 'upgraded' to a studio. Next door!

The studio didn't even have a bed but a gold out couch that was hard as a rock and had a big metal bar down the centre! It was freezing and only one thin blanket! The shower is the size of a match box. You can't move in it and the water spills out everywhere. Also all the light bulbs had blown so we had one tiny lamp for light! All night their seemed to be renovations going on in the studio next door. I mean like midnight . Hammering and drilling! It was ridiculous!

It is close to metro and sacre coeur. However , I would not stay again.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

this hostel is in the montmartre district and is easy to find if you approach from Anvers station... the view of the Sacre Coeur is the highlight but is welcoming and comfortable. The decor in the rooms is a little shabby but such good value and great fun. We were there in the winter time and it was lovely and warm. The breakfast was good but the coffee bad!!! definitely recommend this place, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay...

Room Tip: we had a room on the terrace- beautiful view and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Le Village Hostel? Share your experiences!