“I loved it here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Saint-Jacques

You added Hotel Saint-Jacques to your Saves list
Hotel Saint-Jacques
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35, rue des Ecoles, 75005 Paris, France (Quartier Latin)   |
Ranked #303 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Waterford
“I loved it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for a special occasion. On arrival we had complimentary champagne brought to our room. The decor was beautiful. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our airline had gone on strike that week and before we arrived a lovely staff member called Davide helped us to find alternative accommodation as they were fully booked. The hotel that he recommended was also fabulous. We will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I probably spent too much time trying to decide between a VRBO or hotel and then what type of hotel. In the end, thanks in part to Trip Advisor, I opted for Hotel Saint Jacques for several reasons. 1. the location: I would come back to this area of Paris. easy access to almost everything. cafes and shops galore. a fun vibe and true Paris feel. 2. the price. I didn't want to go with the cheapest, and I think the value for what we got was perfect. we had the triple room-- and the one on the high floor was not available which was of concern. It was a nice corner looking both directions up and down the streets 3rd floor 4th floor in US). no balcony which ended up being fine. Yes the room and the bathroom are small compared to US standards... we (2 teenagers and me) paused when we walked in (elevator too). That said, 4 nights there. teenage suitcase sprawl and we adapted easily without issue. beds comfortable and clean. We literally slept there (AC a critical aspect that saved us in the July heat)-- so the hang out and lobby hang out factor not important 9and we didn't pay for that). we had breakfast the first morning and the service was very good and food likewise. We opted to eat outside at other cafes for the other morning for better (& slightly cheaper) Paris ambiance.

the front desk team was always helpful and friendly and I feel we got a small taste of Paris in an ideal location. would recommend and stay again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed here for two nights this week having previously stayed one night last summer. The hotel is comfortable, quiet and pleasantly decorated. It is in a great location, lots of excellent restaurants nearby and Notre Dame in walking distance. However, its biggest asset is its staff. They could not be more helpful and appear to be genuinely interested in making your stay a pleasure. A special thank you to them for all their assistance.

Room Tip: Attic rooms are cheaper if you don't mind a small flight of stairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Rockaway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed at the Hotel St Jacques for 3 nights in July 2014, after some confusion on the rooms that we reserved which was rectified the next day, the hotel staff was very accommodating. Great location to explore Paris and the Metro stops were in quick walking distance from the hotel. The room we had was lovely and large with a very comfortable bed but the bathroom was tiny in comparison. The shower stall was very tight regarding to space. Overall we had a great time in Paris and would recommend this hotel if you want a truly Parisian experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you're staying in Paris for a short time, you need somewhere handy to the main sights and the Hotel St Jacques fits the bill. Unlike the uniformity of many hotels, the artistic decor will remind you that you're in this wonderful city. My room was small, as expected, but had all I needed, the staff were friendly and there was always someone at the desk. The lift is a bonus! Apart from the nearby famous landmarks, it's a short walk to the metro and on one morning I was pleased to discover a market. A special 'merci' to the room attendant and the staff for reuniting me with a scarf I'd left behind. I hope to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel was suggested by a friend. Booked in for 3 nights in Paris. Great location and charming room. Ideally placed for Notre Dame, Le Louvre, Metro & RER.
The staff are helpful and friendly. Reccommended.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked largely based on Tripadvisor recommendations, and on location. Having spent an idyllic week on Ile de St Louis just four weeks prior, the idea was to spend two final nights in Paris in a different area (the Latin Quarter) before returning home from our European holiday.
The pick-up arranged by the hotel got lost and I felt he was still lost when he pulled up at our hotel as the pictures led me to expect a more impressive street appearance. My disappointment continued as we were shown to a ground-floor, street-facing room. The room itself was a great size, as was the bathroom, but the impression was dim and drab as the windows were darkly shuttered to keep out street (two-way) view.
I'd booked three months prior and requested "a view, if possible". I pleaded for a more pleasant outlook but was told none was available and that we'd been given that room because I'd requested a room near the elevator due to my husband's bad back. All similar rooms are equal but - judging by the reviews - some must most definitely be more equal than others! On the positive side, there were no street noises at all to disturb our sleep on the comfortable bed.
Perhaps we were given such a room because there is no porter (!) although the concierge somewhat reluctantly carried our bags in for us. Not so on departure, when it was up to us (both over 70) to ask the driver to do the job.
We love staying in boutique hotels and don't expect grandeur, but this was a let-down.

Room Tip: Be very careful what you wish for!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
hotelsaintjacques, Responsable réception at Hotel Saint-Jacques, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sir,
We take note of your comments about your stay in our hotel, and we are sorry to hear that you did not appreciate your stay with us. As well as we are sorry if you did'nt like our street appearance, which is the first time that someone do not like the street which is clean, safe and bright.
We apologize about the bad experience about the pick-up that we have organized with you in May. It never happens, but we cannot say "never". For sure, from now on we'll work with another company as we do not want this happens again.
Concerning the view, we never confirme to our guests that they will have the view requested or balcony,( or other request) for the simple reason that it is impossible to promise the requests as it is always "depending of availability" even if you book 3 months in advance. Our guests usually understand this. Sorry if we tried to keep you on the street side and not on the back where there is no view at all.
This is right that we do not have porter, may be because we are not a 5 stars hotel where you would pay for. In our hotel we never say "no" to a guest that need a little help.
We always do our best for our guests, and we are sorry if you do not find our hotel as you expected.
Regards,
Fabienne

Been to Hotel Saint-Jacques? Share your experiences!