“Friendly hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #253 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Eskilstuna, Sweden
“Friendly hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a beautiful, quiet and friendly hotel and the location is excellent. I would definitely recommend it. The only downside is a very basic breakfast - 14 euros for that is a bit too much I think. But all in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I made a reservation for 3 people: two adults and a teenager.
The hotel hdd confirmed the availability to accommodate us.
When the taxi stopped in front of the hotel I realized that the hotel was not what I expected and did not look like the website fotos...
Actually, it was a small and claustrophobic hotel. It reminded me of the old Paris hotels with "make-up" to enchant tourists .
To get to our suite we need three trips elevator because only admit one person on a suitcase at a time . In the hallway , just walking in single file.
When I opened the suite door I could see that it would be impossible to spend an hour much less a night in that room . There was no room for 3 people with three bags.
I went downstairs and the receptionist immediately foresaw the reason for my complaint.
Offered me another suite just to accommodate my son. Obviously I would have to pay the cost of another suíte.
The value of my own suite was 279 Euros per day .
I told her that if I had to pay another suíte it would end up costing the price of a 5 star hotel.
And the Saint Jacques is a falling 3 stars hotel.
I left immediately in search of another hotel but not before paying the fine on the cancellation of the reservation : 279 Euros.

Room Tip: My tip: Do not host this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
hotelsaintjacques, Propriétaire at Hotel SAINT-JACQUES, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Our hotel is an authentic parisian hotel with a soul reflecting an warmful atmosphere.
If you wanted a huge contemporary designed hotel , we confirm that you made a mistake by reserving in our hotel.
For your information, our website shows clearly our rooms and moreover your triple room (not a suite)is pictured on it.
It is a spacious and comfortable one of with 2 windows overlooking a part of Notre Dame and the Pantheon.
However, to be helpful we proposed you a single room for your son for a very good price even if you had already our most spacious triple room.
We also assisted you in reserving a table in all the restaurants that you requested.
The fact is that you realised too late that you made a mistake by expecting a parisian 5 stars hotel with a budget of a 3 stars hotel.
Cotswolds,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

With so many big city hotels being much of a muchness, with this little one you know you are in Paris. It's a friendly hotel, more traditional than boutique, and just beyond the fashionable, touristed streets of the left bank, with characteristic Parisian flights of steps down to the university, the Musée de Cluny, S. Julien le Pauvre (one of oldest churches in Paris), Shakespeare & co bookshop and the markets of Rue Mouftard, as well as a fine selection of restaurants and cafes. It's generally very pleasant jumping off point for central Paris-most of which is within walking distance. The Rue des Écoles is a busy street, but noise did not seem to be a problem in our street facing room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Walnut Creek, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Sain Jacques immensly. I cannot say enough good things about the location and the beautiful little hotel. It ws by far my best stay in Paris (I've been four times) and we were absolutely enchanted by this gem of a hotel. We are planning another Paris visit next summer and St. Jacques will be our place. The only warning I give is to watch out for the chocolate crescents in the breakfast room....it was my downfall on the trip, but in a very good way!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Spent a couple nights here, more of a layover, on our way back to the States from Italy. I chose this hotel based on previous reviews and its location near Notre Dame. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and well equipped with a nice balcony overlooking the area. We were very pleased with our choice of this hotel. Good value, service and location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We loved our hotel in the latin quarter of Paris! The staff was wonderful - especially David! Although they cannot guarantee rooms, David was able to give us the room that we requested! From reading prior reviews, we wanted room 22 and we got it. The room was large for Paris standards and the bathroom was as well. The room was very charming and comfortable. The only problem I had was using a bathtub and no shower. The location of the hotel was very convenient to the Siene, the metro, shopping, restaurants, etc. I would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling to Paris.

If you stay at this hotel you must eat at Coup Chou...... a 2 block walk with the best french food we had during our stay!!!

Room Tip: We really liked room 22!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed only one night this week on a short trip to Paris from London, but were impressed with the hospitality of the staff and quality of the rooms. We had rooms 6/8 on the 2nd floor and had a balcony that allowed us to get a great view of the street below. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the closest Metro station, which allows you to move around the city with ease. Notre Dame is a 10 minute walk and there are multiple cafes within walking distance along with a great pizza place literally across the street from the hotel.

One recommendation, if you are going to the Tower Eiffel, take the 63 bus instead of the Metro...great views of Paris along the way!

Room Tip: Either floor 2 or 5/6 with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel SAINT-JACQUES? Share your experiences!