“Poor example of Novotel standard, food below standard & privacy issues.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Paris 17

You added Novotel Paris 17 to your Saves list
Novotel Paris 17
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Avenue de la Porte d'Asnieres, 75017 Paris, France (Batignolles-Monceau)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #908 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
“Poor example of Novotel standard, food below standard & privacy issues.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We booked well in advance 4 people & checked in late only to be questioned why we had an extra person - the request & paid on invoice was 3 person triple room with 1 child, not sure how this could be confused.

I'm a writer, travel mostly & I always put the no disturb on my door, yet first time ever it was ignored, taken off the door & room cleaned regardless of asking for it not to be.

We arrived to breakfast 20 mins before finishing due to not changing our times from London & were rudely hurried, my children wanted eggs & had to ask & bread was packed away, there was no cups for tea or filterson pots & I had to find my own in the cupboard.

We tried room service & with my daughter vegan & I vegetarian, we order the 'Vegetarian Burger' for 9.50 Euro, fries was extra. There was no bun or bread, no salad at all. Two small rolls in a basket to go with my son's Caesar salad, yet no butter. No dressings on the burgers. From a hotel or accommodation of this rating, having traveled the world & stayed in Novotel across Australia for business, this the worst food I've experienced.

To add to the experience my daughter woke the first night covered in bites from her bed, we are still unsure what from.

We travel casually as this occasion I decided to bring my children & whilst I'm well accustomed to the snobby rude mannerisms of service staff in Paris, this surprised me from a Novotel.

I wouldn't recommend to stay. You are a long 10min walk from a station, 25 Euros min taxi from Nord. We didn't benefit from any view or even info on what services are available, yet I understabd there is a gym & salon.

Really disappointing stay.

The rooms are nicely decorated & separate toilet to shower, no bath. The extra beds are a sofa, with 4 people & luggage there is no more room to move.

We have one more night & I've reviewed early as I was very disappointed with the food service & standard.

Poor example of Novotel standard.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel is a very good option to stay in Paris, the staff was OK, the hotel was beautiful and it was very comfortable.
The location isn't centric but it has a metro station close (I think it's Villiers) and also a RER, if you have a metro near you can practically move to anywhere in the city. People complaining about location don't really know how to move in a big city so they can't really complain about this. Walking at night from the metro to the hotel may seem dangerous but it actually isn't, you walk through streets where there is nobody, you just need to be careful. If you want a taxi the staff will offer you options.
There is a Mac that you can use for practically anything. It has a nice design and the rooms are very comfortable.
The breakfast was good.
I had a nice time in this hotel.

Stayed April 2015
Quality-M, Manager at Novotel Paris 17, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Paris 17.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Paris 17.
Harrogate
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

.... of the boulevard peripherique.

Stay here if you like traffic noise, exposed wires and sharing 1 iron/ironing board with 200 other rooms. This hotel excels in all of these ways.

This hotel scores top marks for it's location. It is conveniently situated away from the usual Paris tourist traps and those badly cobbled Parisian walkways that "other people" may visit. And it's nicely situated far enough away from the business district to require a taxi. So it's great for hermits and those who hate the French.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

I stayed here for two nights on business - the only reason I selected this hotel is because it was very close to where I was having meetings during this trip. There is no other reason to stay in Clichy.

The rooms are comfortable, service is fantastic, and everyone speaks fluent English (which is great since je ne parle pas français)

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Quality-M, Manager at Novotel Paris 17, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Thank you for choosing the Novotel Paris 17 and for taking the time to share your feedbacks.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a great time with us.

We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel!
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2015

No bad for a Novotel. Very bad location ... close to the ring road . We booked last minute and we expected to not enjoy our stay but at the end was not bad. The staff is friendly and the restaurant was not bad at all.

Room Tip: Choose a room opposite the perif.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Quality-M, Front Office Manager at Novotel Paris 17, responded to this review, March 3, 2015
Dear guest,
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests had a great time with us. Also the location is convenient to find quickly an hotel in Paris isn't it!
We look forward to seeing you again in our hotel!
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Good:
- Rooms are rather big for Paris standards
- Staff can speak English
- Internet wifi is fast and reliable
- Rooms are very clean and feature modern design

No so good:
- The price is not cheap (normal price for Paris standard)
- The breakfast option is very expensive and the selection is very, very basic; its better deal to buy your breakfast at one of the many Boulangeries in Paris
- The windows cannot be opened; even during the cold season, the room was too hot; the air conditioning system was no help (I hate it, when hotel do not let their guests choose to have a colder temperature in their rooms)
- The hotel is far away from a Paris Metro station; one has to walk around 25 minutes to get to the nearest station

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate the complete feedback. Thank you for the positives comments.
I regret to state that some food wasn’t on the buffet because you should have found, waffle, crepe, brioche, croissant and pastries, 3 sorts of cereal, Fresh fruit basket, Ham, Cheese, Butter, Jam, scrambled eggs, eggs…
The window cannot be opened in fact, for the security of people. About the heating I’m surprised to read it, you have the possibility to have air-conditioning in winter and the heating in summer! I assure you that it’s possible and I regret to note a dysfunction in this room. Kindly accept our apologies.
I think that you took the wrong direction to go to the nearest station because it takes 10 minutes, not 25 minutes. Allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.
Please be assured, that I will do my utmost to provide an appropriate follow up to your comments. I hope you will come back.

Been to Novotel Paris 17? Share your experiences!