“Perfect Girl's Weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paradis

You added Hotel Paradis to your Saves list
Hotel Paradis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41 Rue des Petites Ecuries, 75010 Paris, France (Formerly L'Hotel Caravelle)   |
Ranked #892 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Germany
“Perfect Girl's Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is a lovely hotel for a girl's weekend. Arriving at Gare de L'Est it is walking distance...you pass through bustling streets full of bars and restaurants and feel right in the middle of it. The hotel's service is friendly and straightforward, the decor is very French, pretty, bohemian. Nice view of Montmartre from the top floor. I wish they had a little bar in the reception area. It would be great to have a glass of kir in the sitting area when returning from a day out and about in Paris. Not so good if you are sensitive to noise. The street doesn't wind down till late.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Situated in an adorable neighborhood, walking distance from many great options and public transportation this cozy hotel will only get better when the construction is finished. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. It was the weekend of the Paris Marathon, and many runners (including myself) were staying here - they made sure breakfast was ready early for us! The decor is perfectly modern & stylish, while also being cozy and warm. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Be ready for an elevator that fits one or two people.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this hotel for one night only. The place is well decorated,clean and specious rooms compared to other hotels in Paris. Friendly staff, good personal service and tastefull breakfast in the morning. Definitely a place to recommend. Next time in Paris i'll go back again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel Paradis is a very tastefully designed hotel. We loved the interior. The room was very cozy. We had a pleasant stay. Nearby Gare du Nord and metrostation. There are some good restaurants in the same street.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night on business. It is a small hotel with a bit of character, which manifests in the variety of wall papers as seen in people's photos. I had Room 705, which was on the top floor. The lift goes up to 6th floor so I had to carry my small suite case up the stair case with very a low ceiling. My very tall colleague banged his head a few times! I think I would have struggled if I had a big heavy suitcase.

Although it's a small hotel, it has a lift! But it is small and the door leading to the lift basically opens so close to the list that you might struggle a bit if you were carrying a large suitcase. Luckily I wasn't so I managed fine.

The room itself was large enough with the writing table. The double bed was comfortable with a firm mattress. There was a air conditioner which I'm sure would be very helpful during the summer.

The bathroom was small. The shower cubicle was basically the shower tray in the corner with a very long shower curtain. The toilet was stuck in the other corner hemmed in between the hand wash basin and the radiator... I'm not that big (I'm size 12) and I found it a bit uncomfortable getting myself slotted in there..

But all in all, the room was clean and decorated with care. There was an old LP to decorate, too..

Yes, it was a shame that the construction work was going on and the noise started at about 8:30 a.m. I couldn't open the window at all as there was a white protective sheet covering the entire area outside my room. But I wasn't that bothered as I spent little time in the room.

I paid only £96 or thereabout for one night room only and I thought it was a good deal for a decent room in central part of Paris.

I didn't have breakfast in the hotel but went to a nearby cafe for a nice coffee and croissants. For a longer stay, I would have make use of the supermarkets nearby.

Would I go back? I might do a good search again for an alternative but yes, I might!

Room Tip: Rooms with numbers starting with 7 means on the 7th floor! No lift above the 6th floor so be aware...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Noise from the ongoing construction, and from the room next door made sleeping difficult. One morning the shower water was cold, the following morning it was warm, and on the third morning I finally got a hot shower. The staff at the desk in the evening/night was extremely kind and helpful. I am uncertain if I'll stay here again. Maybe...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Scaffolding enveloped the entire building. NOISY construction started VERY EARLY in the morning, outside my room window, and also outside the room window of my travelling companion.
I had requested a room with two beds--for me and my travelling companion. When I arrived, I was given room 503, a very small room (ok, Paris, I get it), but with one double bed. My friend was to arrive the following day, so I requested a larger room with 2 beds for the next three nights. I was moved to room 303--still one bed, and same size/layout as 503. When I again (third time) requested a room with 2 beds, I was told that I "...should have requested a room with 2 beds", (My online reservation request proves this). The manager said they had no available rooms with two beds, so my friend was given another room (this doubled our accomodation cost). One morning we had NO HOT water. When we told the hotel receptionist later that day that we had no hot water, he said, "Well you should have told me at the time that you had no hot water." It isn't that the staff is particularly rude, it's that they just don't care.

Room Tip: I cannot recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Paradis? Share your experiences!