“Don't do it to yourself” 1 of 5 stars

Comfort Hotel Place du Tertre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16, rue Tholoze | 18th Arr., 75018 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,386 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Don't do it to yourself”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I met my friends at this hotel for our last night in Paris as we intended to take the metro to the airport together the following morning. My friends had already told me about the extremely poor service and dirty rooms but I left my bag in their room and went to a local bar to celebrate an otherwise great trip. When we arrived back to the hotel at 5 AM with the intention of leaving around 9 AM (a few short hours later) the man at the front desk would not allow us in because there were 3 of us and they only allow 2 people in per room. We tried to explain that I wasn't staying overnight and that I wanted to get my bag to leave for the airport. The man came from behind the desk, got in my face began to yell "I don't care! Only 2 persons allowed! Go away or I will call the police!" I kept trying to back away from him because he was so close while he was yelling. Finally, I put my hands up (not touching him) and asked him to back off. He pushed my hands away and told me not to touch him even though he was the one invading my personal space. He went to desk and called the police. When the police arrived, it seems like they were expecting a far more volatile situation but once they got in, everyone was calm. We explained again that we just wanted to get our stuff. They let us go up to the room and let us collect our things. THEN just before we're about to leave, the RUDE man at the front desk insisted that we never returned the key to the safe. We knew we did but he had the officers hold us while my friend searched for the receipt she was given upon return of the key the day before. When the man found the key, the officers even snickered and shook their heads at his idiocy. By the end of it, the officers went from stern and alert to relaxed and super nice. I think it was because they knew we weren't trying anything crazy and this guy was the one who overreacted. They eventually showed us where the Metro was and gave us tips on how to stay safe with our luggage. NEVER NEVER NEVER would I recommend this place. The fact that this guy would get in a women's face like he wanted to fight and even go as far as putting his hands on me shows that he has no class or respect for women, customer or otherwise. DISGUSTING!

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I just do not recommend this hotel due to an episode that my friend and I went through. At the time we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist offered us the transfer service to the airport for the last day we would be in the hotel. He explained everything and we said we were going to think about that. On the other day we decided to book the transfer and the receptionist did contact the company and made the reservation for 2 days after, at 4pm (since our flight was scheduled for 7pm). The service would cost EUR 36 and at the time of the reservation, we left a deposit to the hotel for the half total amount At the day the transfer was supposed to pick us up and take us to he airport, no car arrived at the time we scheduled. The receptionist (that time was a different person from the night we have booked the transfer) called the company and started yelling with the person on the other side - but we did not understand anything of what he said - and when he hung up the phone, he told us that for some reason there was no transfer reservation for us. He reached out to another company but since the transfer needs to be booked a few days before the departure, the other company could not help us. So, finally the receptionist told us that "IT WAS UP TO US"!!!! He would give us the deposit money back but we needed to decide what to do. I GOT FURIOUS!!! The hotel offered me the service and, at least, they should ask for a taxi and afford for the $$ difference of the taxi and transfer. But no, simply "it was up to us! the hotel could not do anything...". So, we spent EUR 70 instead of EUR 36. And what scunners me is the fact that the hotel did not take the reponsibility for a service that THEY OFFERED US - I DID NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING!!! Never will stay there again and will not recommend for anyone I know!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Never will stay there again and will not recommend for anyone I know!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed here for four nights with a friend in December 2013.
The location is fantastic for Paris. Out of the hustle and bustle of being right near the city centre, but still in the bustling centre of Montmarte. The hotel is walking distance from Abbesses and Pigalle metro stations and surrounded by a host of wonderful bakeries, shops and cafes.
The rooms themselves are more than adequate. We had a room on the ground floor with an ensuite. The bathroom was clean, however one of the lights stopped working when we got there and there was an issue with our flush which the staff promptly fixed. My only real complaint would be the noise coming from the bar which is right under the hotel-not sure what it's like on different levels but if you like your quiet ask for a room that isn't on the ground floor.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Arrived with little expectation due to the price, to be greated with a warm smile and a little gem of hotel in this area, 4 floor twin with view of the street, warm on a very cold weekend, close to bars ,restaurants and metro perfect for a weekend break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hotel room was very small, we couldnt open the door compleatly because bed was on the way:) . room needs renovation, only new thing is tv. The nois is bad, two bars across the street and people are standing outside. Price was ok for the Paris, so don't expect to much o.comfor

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kerikeri, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The location of this cheap hotel (with no air conditioning and bathrooms the size of an average shower) is excellent. Close to everything. Unfortunately it is also over one bar and just across the road from another. Young people start gathering and drinking from early evening and the absolutely awful shouting and noise continues on to the early morning hours. Sleep is impossible and I would advise anyone who needs more than three hours sleep a night to go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Find another hotel - there are plenty of them.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Hotel Place du Tertre? Share your experiences!