“A fantastic hotel in central Paris” 5 of 5 stars

Residence Nell
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   60 Rue Richer, 75009 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #8 of 120 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Gothenburg, Sweden
“A fantastic hotel in central Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We booked this hotel after reading good reviews about the hotel and that the hotel rooms were bigger than they usually are in Paris. A day before our arrival, we received an email from the hotel saying that the reservation did not exist. The reason that the reservation did not exist was because of a computer problem. The hotel was very accommodating and helped us in their best way. After a few e-mail to resolve this in the best way they booked the first night at another hotel nearby and then they arranged so that we could stay with them the rest of the time. Once we arrived in Paris, they had solved so that we could stay at the hotel throughout our stay which was very good and we enjoyed it very much. The hotel upgraded us to a very nice apartment with a balcony and we are very grateful for this as it was our honeymoon. The hotel has friendly staff, a really good location in central Paris and the apartments are nice and clean. It is walking distance to several metro stations nearby. We can really recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear C.K,

We thank you so much for this nice review.

I apologize again about this problem and I am glad that we solved this to welcome you.

It was a real pleasure to have you here and we sincerely hope to welcome you again for your nest trip in Paris.

All the staff stay at your disposal by email, for any booking or information and we wish you much happiness in your life together ! :)

Arnaud Valary, Chief Operating Officer
Josselin Hutter, Front Office & Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Good location. 10 min walk to Cadet metro station, 25 min walk to Opera or Louvre musee. Service was good. Rooms are nicely decorated, though VERY SMALL, apartrmant is about 25-30 m2. Kitchinette has a nesspressso machine, hotplate and a MW, small fridge. Misses utensils, tea-towelles, cooking pots- don't expect anything more than a coffie or a boiled egg in the morning. Hotel offers breakfast- overpriced for what you get- there's more better ans less expencive choices in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear sophia m,

We thank you for your comment.

Indeed, apartments are from 26 to 37 square meters which is a nice area for an establishment in the heart of Paris.

Also, there is cooking pots, dishes and cutlery in the apartments and we have many guests who cook in their apartment.

Anyway, we hope you enjoyed your trip in Paris.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Picking a hotel for your very first stay in Paris is a gamble. The neighborhoods are numerous and one can be easily intimidated by making such a choice. I picked Residence Nell based solely on what I could read it about it online. As it turns out I was very lucky. RN was exactly what I had hoped for: a discreet, quiet, clean and elegant pied-a-terre in the heart of Paris with all the modern conveniences we have come to expect. The location is very central. The monuments that aren’t walking distance are a very fast Metro ride away. The staff is courteous, bi-lingual and always ready to help. The rooms are very comfortable fully furnished apartments with full kitchens. I see no reason to try elsewhere. Residence Nell will be my home base from now on whenever I stay in Paris.

Room Tip: My only recommendation: ask for one of the two rooms on the 6th floor as they are the most quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear JPEAZY2014 ,

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much!

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and it will be a pleasure to be your home base for your next trips in Paris.

Don't hesitate to contact us by email to have the best deal.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Room 103 in June 2014. This room is directly above a bar / cafe and just across from another. The patrons were up till well past 2am each night and it sounded like they were in our room with us. 4 nights of no sleep. We were told the hotel was full and no other rooms were available. It is unacceptable that they would put anyone in that room (not to mention a family with children). The room itself was nice - but we were there in the evenings to sleep not party with the world cup in the bar below. This was a BAD experience and not what you would expect and certainly not what you pay for when booking an expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from any hotel that has "bad rooms" as you might get stuck in one of them.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Gary H,

We thank you for your comment.

As your arrived at 5 people instead of 4 on your booking (and 4 people maximum per room), exceptionally we have accommodated you in a Deluxe Apartment which is bigger, but the last one was on the first floor.

We feel sorry that you didn't sleep because of the noise of the restaurant and the bar next door.
Indeed, we are in a lively area with many restaurants, bars, café... so unfortunately we cannot avoid all the noise from the street.

Be sure we will check often with our neighborhood to avoid this kind of problem.

We stay at your disposal.

Arnaud valary
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My partner, two children (ages 11 and 15) and I stayed at Residence Nell in June 2014 and it was a wonderful experience! We were within walking distance of the Louvre (25 min) and the various Metro stops needed to visit all the great Paris attractions. In addition, the Residence Nell neighborhood has a wonderful bakery nearby (Boulangerie Flament), a grocery with a very sweet proprietor (Cocci Market), a delicious chocolate shoppe (A La Mere de Famille), and an entire street full of cheese, meat, and fruit shops. But the best thing about Residence Nell is the staff: Diana, Florent and others were very kind and helpful: they spoke English for us, and helped us with things like making local restaurant and cab reservations. The room was equipped with a kitchen that was well appointed with 4 of everything: plates, silverware, glasses and even a Nespresso espresso maker. This made it easy to shop the local vendors and eat delicious 'picnics' at home when we wanted to. Nice light-blocking shades and A/C for good sleeping too. Thanks Residence Nell - I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Get the kitchen and don't forget to open the windows and enjoy the little balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Marielle B,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay because we enjoyed having you and your family here with us. It was a real pleasure during 10 days.

All the staff and I thank you so much for this excellent review.

We really hope to welcome your family again!

Don't hesitate to send us an email to have the best offer.

Arnaud Valary, Chief Operating Officer
Josselin Hutter, Front Office Manager.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Our recent stay at Residence Nell was amazing! This was not the first time my husband and I have been to Paris, but the first time with our 2 children aged 11 & 9, and my extended family.

We were a group of 12, and stayed in 3 rooms: Studio, Deluxe, & the Luxe apartments. Paris was the first stop in our Europe & UK tour. Well, I am very happy that I came across Residence Nell here in Tripadvisor! The apartments were nice,clean, and comfortable.

My husband & I and our 2 kids stayed in a Deluxe apartment. It had one bedroom, a living room with a sofa bed, 2 TVs, a kitchenette, & a spacious, modern bathroom. Kitchen utensils were complete.

My mom & siblings (5 adults & 1 child) stayed in the Luxe apartment, a big apartment with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a spacious living room with a sofa bed, and a kitchenette. They were very happy to see the apartment on our arrival, as it was perfect for them.

My cousin & her son stayed in a studio, and she was surprised that it had a sofa and a kitchenette, too!

The location was great! Close to the Metro and we could walk to the Galeries Lafayette. It is also close to Montmartre. There are restaurants nearby and a grocery. I felt safe walking in the area even in the evenings when sometimes I had to get food for my children.

The staff was absolutely courteous and approachable.

When we left after our 3- night stay, we were at the airport already on our way to Rome when my son realized that he forgot his toy cards collection, which was important to him. We called the hotel and made arrangements, and they promised to have the parcel delivered to our home, which they did!

I have nothing but fond memories of Residence Nell. Would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear RaeMD_23,

You said "What a Great Stay!”, and I say" What a Great review!!"

Thank you so much for this complete and excellent comment on our establishment.
This is so important to us, to improve us. We love what we do and we love that you liked it.

It was a real pleasure to welcome you and your family.

I'm glad that you received your Magic Cards.

Don't hesitate to call us or send us an email for your next trip here, in Paris.

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Having read all the wonderful reviews here, I managed to justify the price on a recent business trip and booked with great excitement: especially as my offices in Paris are just around the corner. I booked via hotels.com and perhaps that was the mistake: when I arrived, I discovered I wasn't staying there - I'd been moved due to a "leak"... not to a hotel nearby, but to an average tourist hotel 15 minutes walk away. They claim to have contacted hotels.com to let me know, but I've heard nothing.

The receptionist was very apologetic, but I actually feel very ripped off. The hotel I'm now in is currently advertised at a much lower rate. Thanks Residence Nell for taking my money and sending to me a boudoir of tacky red velvet on the ground floor, next to the breakfast room. And you know what's even worse? Their sister hotel, the Hotel de Nell, has rooms available! Clearly, there was no leak, it's because someone else was paying them more for my room. I've heard of this happening in cheap hotels, but not in supposedly boutique properties.

I'm sure Residence Nell is a great place to stay; but sadly not my experience. I actually think they're a dishonest company.

Feel free to contact me, Residence Nell and discuss.

Room Tip: avoid like the plague if you don't book direct
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
NELL09, Directeur général at Residence Nell, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Mr,

We apologize again for the change in your plans.

We do consider and respect all the comments which give all the personal and individual point of view and balance satisfaction. You were unsatisfied to have to change of hotel, we really understand and apologize.

A young child created a leak in an apartment beyond our control the day of your check-in. He hung him on the tap and extract it…plumbers tried to fix it between noon and 3pm but they couldn’t do it. Parents were very sorry but what could they do, it is a child accident. By ourselves, we were unable to fix it in 3 hours…that is a pity.

We tried to call you but the line was always busy. We even called Expedia to let them know and request their assistance. They confirmed us by email we keep for you that they also tried to contact you in vain.

On arrival, our receptionist explained you this technical problem, apologized himself for this and gave you all the information for the other hotel.
You told him that you didn't need a taxi neither the metro because it was 15 mn walking distance.
We really did the maximum to find you a new hotel and found the Golden Tulip Opera de Noailles renovated 2 years ago, 4 stars too. We booked a Deluxe room on the rate of €430 to welcome you on the best way and had pleasure to pay the difference between your rate of €315 to apologize about the inconvenience.
We read you room description, it is available on their website too and of course, it was not close to the breakfast room. TripAdvisor readers can check and will make their own point of view.

To finish, be sure that if we had any availabilities in our 5 star Hotel de NELL not so far, we gave you a room there and with an upgrade. It would be the best solution for your and for us, we did not pay the rate difference…so, really believe it was not possible. Expedia can confirm too.

We do regret this situation and to be unable to give you your room. For information, this one had been closed 72h, time to fix everything and the child’s parents had been very fair to use their civil liability and apologize again.

I personally stay at your disposal by email, don’t hesitate to contact me.

Chief Operating Officer

Been to Residence Nell? Share your experiences!