“Another Amazing Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Des Ducs d'Anjou

You added Des Ducs d'Anjou to your Saves list
Des Ducs d'Anjou
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Rue Sainte Opportune | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Les Halles)   |
Ranked #875 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Redcliffe, Australia
“Another Amazing Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is my third stay at this lovely little Hotel....We just love it...it is quaint and very comfortable.
It is set right in the heart of a busy pedestrian mall...with the Chatelet Metro really close by however when you shut your windows it is peace and quiet.

The beds are beautifully comfortable and clean for a great nights rest...and if you need a tea and coffee tray for your room ...just ask.
I find the breakfast room pretty and there is plenty of choice for a good breakfast
All of the staff here are very welcoming and on Reception Desk... Isabelle cannot do enough for you..

There is a huge selection of cafés and restaurants close nearby to choose from for lunch or evening meals and so many wonderful sights all within walking distance

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Blue Suite on the last two occasions.This has a long verandah on the front ove...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Victoria BC Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very comfortable stay. Slept like a baby. Older property that is affordably chic. The scene outside my French window made all my FB friends envious. Really close to everything. Handy stores, coffee, shops nearby. Staff was great and helpful. WIFI worked great. Would recommend and stay again. So central and yet a little tricky to find. Just off St-Denis and Rivoli. Cab driver's GPS gave poor directions based on address on St. Opportune.

I read with concern the recent posts on Trip Advisor about a theft. I found the hotel to be very safe. Entrance was watched at all times. At night when front desk clerk stepped away for a few minutes, they locked the front door - I had to ring the buzzer. All the staff was helpful and responsive to all my questions and concerns. I found these people to be ethical and trustworthy in every way. I'm picky. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

I'm from Canada. I stayed December 18 and 19, 2013. My stay in verified on another major online site. I say so to reassure people who may read about the theft. It shook me, but I found the hotel to be as safe as can be.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The Ducs d'Anjou is very centrally located and in a pedestrian area close to the Chatalet Metro. The room offered no luxury but it was adequate and clean, as was the bathroom.
I travel for business and absolutely need to be connected to the Internet, but despite all efforts on my part and on the part of the (quite helpful) reception desk I could not log on to the hotel's wi-fi. I ended up frequenting a cafe around the corner (in rue des Lombards) which offers free wi-fi access.
Also, at night-time the street outside the hotel is populated until very late with hordes of young and boisterous revellers, and the ensuing noise can be annoying if one needs to sleep. I was in room 41, on the fourth floor and facing the internal courtyard. I pity anyone sleeping in a room facing the street!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the internal courtyard, unless you're prepared to put up with street noise...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was robbed in this hotel. all my valuables were stolen from in my room on November 19, 2013. there is no safety box in the tiny room. i left with DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. i am 100% sure the door was closed because i double checked it when hanging the sign on the door handle. I came back and DO NOT DISTURB sign was inside on the desk and all my valuables were gone. stay away from this place.

Room Tip: don't leave ANY valuables in the room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Well, I just arrived today. I am jet-lagged and want desperately to take a bath and go to bed, but I am waiting on the police and on someone to fix the heat. The heat wasn't working when I got here, so I asked the front desk staff on my way out to dinner to kindly do something about it. The gentleman admitted that they had been having problems with the heat on my floor but promised to take a look when his colleague arrived. (If they've been having problems, they should not have put me in the freezing room.) When I came back from dinner, I immediately noticed two things. The first was that the room was still freezing, and the heat was off entirely. The second was that my PacSafe was dangling from the desk to which I had attached it, apparently having been fiddled with. The opening was wide, which shouldn't be. I reached in, and sure enough, someone had taken the more than $450+ in American and £150+British that I had had in there. I am eternally grateful (and shocked) that the thief left my passport and spare credit cards in the PacSafe and left my iPod and laptop on my bed. Still, I had left my room locked, and there were no signs of forced entry. This means that the thief either had access to the room or that the staff left the room ajar when they were checking the heat. And yes, my PacSafe is apparently not as awesome as I thought, but I have used it without difficulty in so many other countries.

I am meant to stay in this hotel until Sunday. That's not happening. If I were not so exhausted, I would check out right now. Instead, I will just have to leave a chair propped in front of my door tonight and check out tomorrow. I have experienced coup d'états in third world countries and felt safer in those places than I do at this four star hotel in Paris. In all seriousness, WTF?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Leiden, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Small hotel in the heart of Paris.
Small rooms quite clean and recently renovated. Clean bathrooms although my bathroom was quite noisy when the neighbors were taking a shower or flushing the toilet.
Quite expensive for what you get, but in the neighborhood I did not find anything cheaper .
The breakfast costs 17Euro and I would advice to go out and have coffee and croissant in one of the many cafes in the vicinity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AudreyAnjou, Responsable réception at Des Ducs d'Anjou, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the time you took to write your comments.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the location and Paris attractions.

It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Best regards,
Florence Rousseau

Been to Des Ducs d'Anjou? Share your experiences!