“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Hotel Montmartre

Save Saved
You added Eden Hotel Montmartre to your Saves list
Eden Hotel Montmartre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90, rue Ordener | 18 Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #741 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Bangalow, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The location of this hotel was great however we had paid extra to have a triple room with three single beds. When we were given a double and a single bed in a much smaller room than the picture showed, we requested the room we had paid for. We were told the room had been double booked and we couldn't go into it until the following night. There was no offer of compensation for the cheaper room. When we moved room the next day I left my kindle in the First room. It was only after I had got on the Eurostar 2 days later that I realised where I had left my kindle in the desk in the first room. I rang the hotel and told them exactly where it had been left. I was told it had not been found but they would check again. I called three times with no result. One of my travelling companions also saw my kindle where I had left it, so we are sure it was left there. Second room was at the front of the hotel and agree with earlier reviews that you cannot open window for ventilation due to noise outside and as it was quite a warm night the room was stuffy. The safe in our rooms were not bolted down and one did not work at all. We asked if our passports and important documents could be kept in the hotel safe and when we collected them, realised they had just been kept under the reception desk in the lobby. Very disappointing all round.

Room Tip: Request a room at back of hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is perfectly positioned just minutes away from Jules Joffrin metro station (on metro line 12). The rooms are not huge but are perfectly clean and have all of the amenities you would expect (note that the towels are extremely thin). The bathroom decour was a little dated but the shower was steaming hot and powerful so no complaints there Considering we were out discovering Paris for most of the weekend the room was perfect and the bed very comfortable.
The hotel offer a buffet breakfast for 7 euro each which we found extremely handy and also good value with options of hot and cold drinks, yogurts, cereals, toast, pastries, boiled eggs and cheese and ham.
This hotel was extremely good value considering it's great location (it only took 20 mins from Paris Gard du Nord) and I would highly recommend it

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a really lovely little hotel in the very nice district of Montmartre. It is clearly a residential area and has a very nice, safe feel to it with many amenities such as shops and restaurants. It is also very close to the underground station Jules Joffrin (line 12-green) and there is also a bus station terminal nearby.
The hotel is also in walking distance of the Sacre Coeur, a must-visit for those interested in architecture, as well as views as you can see the whole city on a clear day.

The hotel itself was clean and our room was surprisingly roomy, from what I’ve gathered from other hotel reviews the rooms can be a tad on the small side (to put it kindly!) so I was more than happy with what we received. There are no tea and coffee facil9ities in the room, which is to be expected from European destinations; however the hotel does offer free take-out or sit in hot drinks and biscuits in reception, which was very nice as it was freezing outside.

I would highly recommend this hotel, you won’t get much in Paris for cheap but I do think that this hotel was worth the £100 per night we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very comfortable hotel close to Jules Joffrin metro and in a great location - 10 minute walk up to the Sacre Coeur. Our room was very clean and and quiet on 2nd floor and had been recently decorated, the bathroom was palatial by Paris standards with a great shower. The breakfast at 7.50E was also good value - only 5E if booked at same time as the room. Staff very helpful & friendly, with free bag storage on your last day. The 'Olive' restaurant next door but one was excellent on our last evening. The only oddity was out of 53 TV channels ( and I know you don't go to Paris to watch TV in your room) ALL were in French. BBC World or even CNN would have been good at the end/start of the day. Otherwise faultless and a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Good situation in Montmartre, near the Metro and bus lines. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was very good even for Paris standards, clean and well equipped and the bed was roomy and very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent value for money, with a full range, cereals, yoghurt, fruit, meat, cheeses, bread, pastries, toast, and huge range of drinks. The coffee was excellent. There was also range of free drinks on hand whenever you wanted it. Would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: choose a superior room for extra space
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I went there for a school trip in December. The rooms are quite small but the hotel receptionists are very friendly and they can speak a good amount of understanding for the English Language . The location , however , is very great . It is located between a flower shop and you can have morning walks and you can also find a clothes shop for winter and a sim card place and its also quite near to a metro station. Would love to go back.

• Stayed December 2012
dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I selected this hotel because of its' proximity to Sacre Coeur - it's about a 15 minute walk (uphill) to the Basilica. The hotel itself is conveniently located only one block from the Jules Joffrin metro station. the hotel staff were courteous and helpful. my room was clean and small, but comfortable. it had recently been redecorated and had new IKEA-style furniture - bed, desk and chair, large flat-screen TV. the bathroom had also been refitted with new fixtures. since I visited in October and we had many cold rainy days, the radiator was turned on which made it nice and toasty. another plus is the steady supply of coffee, tea, cookies, and cakes that are available 24 hours in the lobby - it really came in handy for me. the area is filled with restraints, pharmacies, ATMs, etc. so you should have no trouble finding a place to eat or buying any other daily necessities that you might need. One caution: for anyone who has mobility issues - there is only one very tiny elevator in the hotel (the building has about 6 or 7 floors). the elevator was so small that me (I’m only 5' 3") and my carry-on suitcase took up the entire space. your only other option for reaching the upper floors (I was on the 4th) is a narrow spiral staircase. all in all I was pleased with my stay there and would use them again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Eden Hotel Montmartre? Share your experiences!