Where do I begin? I looked at the ratings this hotel had and it looked ok, there were some negative reviews which I chose to ignore - big mistake. Ok the location is excellent, but cabs and the metro in Paris is so cheap, who cares?
1) My room (31) smelt like a cheap chinese take away
2) The walls are paper thin, the chattering of the Spanish in room 32 was as if they were in the same room.
3) It was a building site with building material stacked on the stairs.
4) It was very shabby with missing roof tiles in the false ceiling.
5) The decor was from the 1970s
(I took some pics so can prove points 3-5)
I was staying for 2 days on my own and then joined by my wife and daughter for a further 3 nights - as soon as possible we checked out and went to another hotel which cost €15 per night more and was paradise - Hotel Alison.
Put simply - do not stay here, you have been warned
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Montpensier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montpensier Hotel Paris
- Montpensier Paris