“Beautiful rooms, convenient location, great host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le85 Paris

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Le85 Paris
You added Le85 Paris to your Saves list
85 Rue d'Hauteville, 75010 Paris, France (Entrepôt)   |
Ranked #14 of 132 Paris B&B and Inns
Midwest
“Beautiful rooms, convenient location, great host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

As mentioned by everyone else, Didier is a great host. We stayed in the larger room for 4 nights in September and had a wonderful time. The apartment and rooms are very attractively decorated, and the location is very good. We were somewhat concerned when we booked this that we were staying too far from the touristy areas of the city, however the apartment is located on the same block as a metro line 7 stop, so it's very easy to get to all the sites. We also found the proximity to the Nord and Est stations very useful - maybe a 10 min walk in a nearly straight line to both. We were never out much past midnight but the neighborhood seemed very safe and has lots of dining options. Didier provided great conversation in the mornings while serving us breakfast, and also had some nice walking tours that took us through interesting streets on the way to Sacre Coeur and back. We appreciated the large bed (not two twins pushed together). The only possible drawback for some might be that the toilet is located outside the room and is shared between both guest rooms, but there was never any waiting and Didier seemed to clean the room several times a day. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend to friends - the amount of space and quality of service was excellent, especially given the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights last week, on my first visit to Paris. The location of Didier's apartment is excellent. I arrived from London at Gare du Nord, and it is a short walk (less than 10 minutes) to the apartment. Didier had provided me the map route to get there. The apartment itself is large with large, comfortable rooms. I stayed at the smaller of the 2 rooms in the apartment, and was very comfortable in there. The room has a nice balcony which looks out on the street. Everything was well-kept and very clean. Didier was extremely helpful with great tips on Paris attractions. The Metro station is about a 2-minute walk from the apartment,and this made it very easy to get around Paris. There are nice shops around from where I bought things like sandwiches, fruits, water, etc for my day sightseeing. There is also a laundromat close by, but I didnt use it. I did go inside to check it out and it looked clean. Didier was a great host. I actually fell a bit ill on this stay with a cold bug, and he provided me special tea, and I had full access to the kitchen throughout the day for boiling water in his kettle. Breakfast was excellent too...bakery items, fresh fruit, yogurt. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Didier's Le85, and will not hesitate to stay there again on my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in the big room for 2 nights. The room was 30 qm with beautiful rococo style curtains and a comfortable king size bed. It was luxury to have such a big room in the center of Paris. Breakfast was fantastic....freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh fruits, jougrut, and more.

There was a big party in the neighbourhood one of the nights and music was very loud untill late at night. But Didier said that it usually happens only once a year.

Thanks for Didier who was a very helpful and wonderful host. His wife Valerie was also very kind. We enjoyed staying this B & B.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked this b&b for my brother and parents for their recent trip to Paris in August so DISCLAIMER: this review is second hand but since they don't use Tripadvisor, I wanted to pass along their positive comments.

They absolutely loved Didier and Valerie. They also said breakfast was delicious and the rooms were very spacious. The rooms do share a toilet (both rooms have separate updated showers).

The b&b does not have air conditioning but even in the middle of August (it was 90F while they were there), inside was still very comfortable, especially with the large windows open at night. Bring ear plugs if you're not accustomed to sound of the scooters passing by.

Having studied abroad in Paris, I'm very familiar with the location and it is excellent. It is on the Right Bank very near the Sacre Coeur and only a ten min walk from Gare du Nord, the nearest Eurostar train station.

My brother has traveled all over the world. However, my parents had never been to Europe or even ouside of the US and do not speak any French. My brother described this b&b as a place that could accomodate someone who was making their very first trip to Paris or the savviest of travelers.

I can't wait to go back to Paris to stay there myself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Paris was my first stop on my solo trip from Australia to Europe. From the time I arrived until the time I left Didier and Valerie were amazing hosts!

I hadn't planned anything in advance for my first day as I wasn't too sure if I would be jet lagged or not. Luckily I wasn't, and over a scrumptious breakfast Didier recommended a walk he and Valerie liked to take through Montmartre area. He provided me with maps and advice on different points of interest.

Didier truly made my short stay in Paris an extremely pleasant experience. His B&B is a true gem for any would be traveller and great value for money! I can't recommend it enough. I'll definitely stay there again for any future visits to Paris.

Kirsty

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful rooms run by a classic French couple. Delicious breakfast of warm croissants, fresh juice and coffee each morning. Perfect location and value is outstanding! Highly recommended for all ages- we are a young married couple and an older couple who were there equally enjoyed their stay, in particular being able to speak and practise French over breakfast. Laundrette is 20m away and cafe opposite does a killer burger and chips if you're after a simple meal.

• Stayed September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days. We felt like we lived in Paris for a week. Great location in less touristy part of town, but lots of cute boutiques and restaurants. Right next to metro and major train station Gard du Nord. Didier the owner is awesome, friendly and nice as can be, breaks the French stereotype for sure. He was so welcoming and helpful. Rooms were gorgoeus with the original moldings and paint colors. Very clean, breakfast every day whenever you want it. This was a great great choice and especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le85 Paris? Share your experiences!