I stayed here for the second time recently as one of the winners of a free Hyatt night from their recent online sweepstakes (yes, it was real and real people sometimes win!). I arrived here early and was hoping to get checked in before noon but as the hotel was sold out the previous night could not (who says there's a recesssion in Paris???).
Marc, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful and even was nice enough to lie to me that my French was good (don't ask my French friends that!!). As my room wasn't ready yet, he prepared my paperwork and took my luggage for me then asked if he could call me when the room was ready (unfortunately I didn't have cell service in France).
When I returned several hours later (after a nice walk around the area), Marc took me directly to my room where my luggage had already been taken and showed me around the room. He pointed out the recent changes to the hotel and even mentioned that they were planning on doing some upgrades soon (yes, the flat screens are coming soon for those who are looking for them). The room, although not as spacious as the last time I was there was still very nice with a great bathroom (rain shower head and soaking tub) and a nice walk-in closet (almost as big as some hotel rooms in NYC!).
The spa was nice----while I didn't take any treatments, I used the exercise room and co-ed sauna/whirlpool and was pleased. Only issue I had was that the attendant came in at 10pm to kick me out even though it said they were open until 11pm. Oh well, that's the French for you!
Didn't try the restaurant but it looked good (pricey, but it's a hotel restaurant). Location is great especially if you want to see the Louvre. I met a guy in the exercise room who was there on his anniversary and he said that he had stayed earlier at the Westin down the street. While he said they had better views (they could see the Eiffel Tower), he said that the Park Hyatt was a hundred times better due to the service. What better endorsement could you get than that. Definitely love this hotel and would love to stay here again-----on someone else's dime though! :)
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome Hotel Paris
- Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome Hotel
- Hyatt Paris
- Paris Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently accepted into the prestigious Palace Hotels Group, Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme is one of the most visually stunning luxury hotels Paris has to offer. Its striking blend of contemporary architecture and classic design was conceived by renowned designer Ed Tuttle, lending the hotel a sensual, understated elegance that extends throughout - from the lavish Paris hotel rooms and suites to the captivating social areas and impressive meeting venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.