“Beautiful hotel in the middle of Paris action” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #14 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Beautiful hotel in the middle of Paris action”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Had a wonderful 3-night stay at the PH Paris back in October. While the exterior of the hotel along Rue de la Paix is unassuming and simple the interior is beautifully decorated and luxurious. We stayed in a standard Park Queen which faced the street and had a great stay. Very little street noise when the windows were closed and when we opened the windows (which were very tall and could easily be confused for patio doors) and walked out on the balcony we had a great view of Place Vendome. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and courteous and were able to assist with all of our needs. We ate dinner at the hotel's restaurant one night and it was good. Nothing to write home about and a little on the expensive side (but in Paris what isnt expensive) but a great option if you dont want to leave the hotel. The top feature of this hotel is the location; within walking distance of the Seine, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and many other attractions. The hotel is surrounded by many different restaurants and is an easy walk to the Champs Elysees for all the major shops. Overall a great stay and I wouldnt hesitate to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Matt V,

Thank you for your stay at Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme and for sharing your comments of your experiences. Our staff always stresses the importance of exceeding the demands of our guests, thank you for compensating their efforts.
We look forward welcoming you in a near future for leisure, tourism or business; as you mention, it's all around Park Hyatt!
With our best regards,
Alessandro Cresta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Orange, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Park Hyatt Vendome Paris is one the aspirational properties in the chain. Overlooking the Place Vendome the hotel is centrally located in the 2nd arrondissement. Set among luxury shopping such as Louis Vuitton, Cartier and Rolex among others, the Park Hyatt Vendome Paris is a shopper’s dream.

Like many Park Hyatt’s, the exterior is understated, and if not looking for the hotel, one could easily walk right by.

As you approach the hotel at least three doormen always seems to be present. Once you enter the hotel, the concierge desk and bellman will be directly towards your left.

Down a long marble hallway is the front desk. There are three separate counters rather than one long continuous desk.

Check-in was quick, efficient and professional. All Hyatt Diamond benefits were clearly explained, including the ability to have breakfast via room service rather than the restaurant.

I was upgraded to a Park Deluxe King, however the view was of the courtyard rather than of Rue De La Paix.

Upon entering the room, there is a Nespresso coffee maker directly to the right.

Along the left wall sits a long L-shaped desk and TV. There was a box of butter cookies that were complimentary for the stay. The cookies were individually wrapped and rather tasty.

A welcome amenity of six macaroons and a half bottle of champagne was also provided.

There is a small sitting area in the corner with only one chair.

The bathroom is located on the right and is rather spacious. There is an open closet located to the left with drawers to store your belongings as well as an area to place your suitcase.

There is a small vanity sink as well.

The main area of the bathroom has a single sink. The bottom of the sink is flush with the rest of the cabinet, so watch your toes! I managed to stub my toes a couple of times throughout the stay.

There is a large, deep tub as well as a shower with two shower heads, a handheld and rain shower. There is also a mirror in the shower area, which makes shaving more convenient.

The toilet is enclosed in its own room. It does have a wooden toilet seat, which probably went out of style 40 years ago.

Although the room is fairly spacious, it is sorely lacking in outlets. Trying to find adequate outlets is like playing a game of hide and seek. I only managed to find three outlets in the entire room, which is almost unacceptable in this day and age.

Breakfast for Diamond members in the restaurant includes the American Breakfast (50 Euro), which includes the buffet and eggs any style.

The buffet is not large, but the selection only contains high quality ingredients. There is quiche, sliced meats, vegetables, cereal, pastries, bread, yogurt and fruit. Breakfast also includes coffee and a selection of juice if you like. The mango juice is just heavenly.

The omelet was somewhat overcooked on the outside, yet still not quite set on the inside as it was “leaking” like a sinking ship. Despite its outward appearance, the taste was great.

Service throughout the hotel is top notch. Employees are friendly, congenial and professional, but not overly friendly.

Due to its great location and service, I would definitely stay here again. I did stay here on points, which is 22,000 per night, while the daily rate for the room was ~910 Euros (~$1275). Getting ~5.7 cents/point is a great redemption value.

Due to the upcoming changes in point redemptions along with the introduction of a new Category 7 in which this property will cost 30,000 Gold Passport points per night, make sure to book before the changes take place on January 7, 2014.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear TheMysteryTraveler,

First of all, thank you very much for your loyalty to Hyatt hotels! It is always great to hear back from our guests, including Diamond Gold Passport members. I am very happy to read you have appreciated quick check-in process as well as our hotel location.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

APO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Staff is extremely professional and tentative. The hotel smells great, I personally enjoyed the incense throughout the halls and in the room. Everything at the location screams elegance and quality. Great location!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear augustmobile,
I am glad to read you have enjoyed our hotel and its custom fragrance, from Blaise Mautin parfumeur. Many thanks for such great comments about your stay and our staff.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Perfection. The Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome is luxurious and amazing to every extent you can imagine. The grounds of the property are beautiful and incredibly picturesque. I loved it so much I've already booked my next stay for my birthday next year. The rooms are spacious and clean. Very much enjoyed the breakfast at Les Orchidees which was a bit pricey but worth it. If it was provided with the stay that would be a huge plus. Drinks at Le bar are a must, try the "Kiss from Russia" and "God Save The Queen." La Terrasse is great for lunch and dinner, the sea bass and beef filet were were delectable. It is especially romantic eating in the courtyard at night. The hotel's location is great because you can walk everywhere, very close to the Louvre, Tuleries and all the best shopping, Louis Vuitton, Louboutin, Goyard and Cartier.

I highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear alexandergld,

What a great review! I am more than please to read you have tried each one of our restaurants, and enjoyed them. I too love our Barmen's creations, did you know that one of them is maybe going to become as famous as the Mojito? "La señorita" is competing in a very well-know competition and it is worth the try, maybe on your next visit for your birthday ?
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to Paris in the begin of summer. Stayed there 2 nights, and was impressed about the receptionist, very polite and informative. Also, i received the bottle of red wine as welcome small gift.
The location is excellent. It is very easy to get everywhere within walking distance. I would come again next time if I visit Paris.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jimmy_Lai_208,

Many thanks for your compliments on the reception staff, I will share them with the team! I am glad to read your have enjoyed both our location and your in-room amenities.

Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Park Hyatt Paris is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are small but very nice (rooms in Paris are small every where - so not a negative just a fact). I would highly recommend this hotel. Only suggestion is the staff could be a little warmer/friendly - they are extremely professional. Might just be a cultural thing. Overall 5 star hotel. Breakfast was good - but really pricey. We only went because it was free with an AMEX booking. If you stay here do yourself a favor and visit Harry's New York Bar about 2 blocks away rather then hotel bar - its more lively and prices are more reasonable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Michael M.,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you have enjoyed your room as well as our location. I am also delighted you thought our staff were very professional - our everyday efforts are precisely made to make our guests' stays enjoyable and why not unforgettable !
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

S. CA.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I were on a very special (celebratory) vacation together and our coming to this hotel for five nights as the highest status at Hyatt (Diamond), we had high expectations for this very special hotel stay. My first (11) nights of this special trip were spent at two Starwood (where I also have top status) properties in London and Paris and both hotels delivered amazing experiences for us. We saved this particular hotel for the tail end of our vacation and the former hotel manager of this very property for about four years (now working as the top manager of another Park Hyatt) sent special correspondence to this hotel on our behalf about a month or so before our arrival (best I know requesting that the PH Paris make this stay very special for us). I also personally called the property about two weeks before our arrival to confirm that this hotel received that correspondence and that all was looking good for our very special stay. I was essentially told all was good and they were waiting for us.

So, it came as some surprise to me that upon our arrival we were given a very, very tiny room (30M?) with a (blah) courtyard view (are there even any rooms smaller than this in the hotel?) that I was told was the "nicest deluxe King in the hotel" by one of the hotel managers (before I walked up to the room). Even more surprising to me, when I expressed my concern that the room was simply way too small (and certainly not the room type with the large ceilings I read about that might make the tiny room more appealing), I was then immediately taken to a larger King Deluxe a few doors down that was even larger. Which had me immediately wondering what in the world was going on, especially with the statement to me that they had selected the "nicest deluxe King in the hotel" to start with for me. Now, granted, it could be argued that this second room was not "nicer" as even though it was a touch bigger, the only way to get to your bathroom from the bedroom area was to walk right through your walk in closet! The front desk manager did tell me that if I could hold out to the third night of the five night stay that a suite might open up for me.

In light of the circumstances (including the beautiful suite I was leaving at the Westin that was many times larger than this Park Hyatt room and far, far nicer in my view) (unless one happens to enjoy walking through their closet to go to the bathroom), I was very disappointed but, there wasn't much more I could say except "OK". I told the manager that I was going to walk back to the Westin at this point to pick up my wife to bring her to the hotel.

In any event, my wife had caught a cold a few days earlier and was really enjoying the space of the lovely courtesy suite that the (Starwood) Westin had so graciously provided to us. When I got back to the Westin (just a couple blocks down the street) to pick up my wife, I told her about the situation at the Park Hyatt and she asked if she could simply stay at the Westin where she was greatly enjoying her stay. After a few minutes, it was clear that she had made her mind up to not leave the Westin for the Park Hyatt (what a pity considering this was supposed to be a highlight of our entire vacation). I called down to the front desk of the Westin and discussed the situation and they essentially invited us to stay as long as we wanted in the beautiful suite they had provided to us. I obviously told them that I would let them know one way or the other as soon as I spoke with the Park Hyatt where I was already checked in.

I promptly went back to the Park Hyatt and asked that they cancel our reservation and return my Hyatt points as my wife was simply more happy where she was at the Westin at this point. I told the Park Hyatt that if, and when, a suite did open up a few days later they could notify us at the Westin and I would be happy to come right back over to the hotel to have a look at it (a call I never received by the way). After about 20 minutes of discussion/negotiation about the proposed cancellation of the stay (including a proposal by the Park Hyatt front desk manager to only return 2 of the 5 nights of the points to me and for me to commit right then and there to returning for the last three nights of the stay), I finally got the Park Hyatt to agree to cancel my entire reservation and return all of my points.

I gave the hotel two stars in this review instead of 1 star for two reasons. First, in the end, they returned my points to me and allowed me to cancel the reservation after the roughly 45 minutes I "checked in".

And, second, in a follow up telephone conversation with Mr. Cresta (the Hotel manager that generally responds to these TA reviews) a few days later, Mr. Cresta graciously invited me to stop over to the hotel with my wife and have a bottle of champagne in his bar.

Mr. Cresta essentially also told me that after my call to the hotel about two weeks before my arrival where I was told they were waiting for me and I got the impression a beautiful room was selected for us (especially with the special email from the former Hotel manager of this very property), a large "delegation" booked at the hotel and took the suites (and this might also explain why the top suite was open in the hotel all along when I checked in, but the Front Desk manager told me that he could not give us another suite and switch someone else into that top suite as the group at the hotel wanted "similar suites". I did find this strange though, because at another point in the conversation he told me that nearly every room in the hotel was different than the other?). In any event, Mr. Cresta pointed out that things like this happen from time to time in the hotel business. I thought Mr. Cresta was very well spoken and an experienced Hotel manager. I told him that I would extend his offer of a bottle of champagne to my wife.

When my wife was feeling better a few days later, I asked her if she would like to go over to the Park Hyatt and take Mr. Cresta up on his offer. She told me that she would take a pass on going over there and that she hoped the "delegation" who ended up taking our suite from us at the last minute write Mr. Cresta nice review(s) on TA. I still enjoy my wife's sense of humor, which is why I married her 25 happy years ago!

But, all kidding aside, my brief stay at this hotel was a disappointment for us (especially as top status Hyatt Diamond members). That said, I did enjoy my follow up telephone call with Mr. Cresta and I do hope to have a glass of Champagne with him under better conditions one day in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear sir,

First and foremost, let me apologize for the inconvenience. Our hotel is often chosen by our guests on special occasions like wedding anniversaries, first times venues in Paris, and we do our best to make their stay as most pleasant and enjoyable as it can be. Most of our guests who stayed with us keep a memorable memory of their experience and are delighted to be welcomed back.
I wish I could have convinced you and your wife to stay with us, even though the special circumstances on your check-in day did not allow us to provide the room of your dreams.
We came with a suggestion that we thought would have charmed you, however you preferred to remain in a neighborhood Hotel, where you have spent the first part of your stay in Paris.

Rest assured that my priority is to restore your faith in Park Hyatt Paris Vendôme. I would be more than happy to personally manage your future booking with us, and please feel free to liaise with me directly should you need any help on this.