“Great location and service - disturbing interiors” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #24 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great location and service - disturbing interiors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location, right off the Place Vendome is terrific. Must say the staff was very professional and attentive and the rooms were comfortable. A very well run hotel overall. I was upgraded (although paying a fortune already because a last minute business trip coincided with Fashion Week) with a little Juliet balcony where I could lean out and see the Place Vendome.

But would I ever stay there again? Given a choice, no. The whole design theme are these disturbing gaunt demons cast in bronze. They are the sconces, the door handles, EVERYTHING. So disturbing. Add to this the cheesy gold paint (paint, not leaf) and columns that looked like a middle school play set, and it was too revolting for words.

This is Paris and luxury hotel choices are plentiful. You don't stay in ugly if you don't have to.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the rue de la Paix and not the courtyard if you can. Although the back courty...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear NYCDesign78,
Many thanks for this positive review about your recent stay with us. I am delighted you have enjoyed the comfort of your room. I am however sorry to hear our pieces of art did not suit your taste, it is true that we are bronze lovers and sculptor Roseline Granet made all these pieces especially for our hotel. Art is very subjective and we accept all feedback about our collection. Again, thank you for providing it.
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
BuffettAir
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent Hotel and Location within steps of the big attractions. From the moment you walk in, everyone goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. The room was spectacular as we were upgraded to a 2-room, 2-bathroom executive suite. For Diamond members you are provided a wonderful breakfast buffet each morning and can also order any type of eggs off the menu (except eggs Benedict). If you choose not to attend the buffet, you can opt for in-room service and are given a 98 euro allowance off the room service breakfast menu...very generous. We always went to the buffet and really enjoyed it.

No detail was overlooked and we really loved every minute. One nice detail I appreciated was how quiet the hotel was...even during the hectic fashion week. Our room overlooked an internal, quiet courtyard. Every hallway has noise dampening fabric - very nice touch!

Dear BuffettAir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am happy you have enjoyed your suite as well as the breakfast. I too love the buffet, I am always surprised by either a new sort of cereal or pastry.
I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Paris because I heard it was very luxurious and located on Place Vendome.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There was complimentary cookies upon arrival.They have a full room service menu--with some specialty items such as authentic Chinese food (menu in English and Chinese!) and an array of healthy drinks for people with special dietary restrictions.

The room was nice, peaceful, and charming. I got the balcony with the view as requested (but it's not a real balcony where you can sit down). The hotel is not ON Place Vendome (I can see it from my room though), but it's really close to it. It is also close the metro and the Opera house.

I stayed here because I needed a place to stay to study for my final exam. I was so stressed out and I booked the room to relax. They have the most comfortable bed I have ever laid on. It was like heaven. Once I was on the bed, I stopped studying and became stree-free. I seriously think laying on the bed and sleeping there relieved a lot of stress and I still believe I passed the exam partly due to that bed.

I still think about that bed from time to time...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hyatt_Paris, General Manager at Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Tee B,
First of all, congratulations on your exam - I am happy our hotel contributed a little to this success. Do not wait until your next exam to visit us again !
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent two nights here after several nights at a different nearby hotel. This was far superior.

Our room was not ready upon arrival as we were early, but the staff was very accommodating in seating us in the restaurant and providing coffee for the wait. We decided to go out and explore the neighborhood when it still was not ready after the coffee. Our choice - we weren't expecting to do anything other than store our luggage anyway. When we returned, we got our room and it was everything you would have wanted. We were upgraded to a lovely courtyard balcony and surprised by a nice bottle of wine and other goodies.

The room was perfect and bathroom outstanding right down to the rain shower, loofah sponge, and other amenities. The bathroom was like having 3 rooms as the toilet, shower and sink/dressing area are all in separate areas. The espresso maker provided was welcome in the mornings.

It was a fantastic location as others had mentioned with many things in walking distance (Oprea is a nice place to visit on a rainy day). The metro is a short walk away.

My only issue still perplexes me. We had 2 bottles of our own Champagne with us. We got a bucket of ice from room service (I thought it was nice there are wine and champagne glasses in the room already). We drank one bottle of Champagne and left the other unopened bottle in the empty ice bucket along with the wine on the table. When we got back the next afternoon, the bucket and used glasses were gone along with the 2 unopened bottles! After 2 phone calls, someone returned these to us and told us they had been told to remove everything. Why in the world they would take these remains a poorly explained mystery.

I would have given five stars, but for this incident I can only give four.

Dear Karen M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay as well as the room amenities.
Concerning your bottles, we only wanted to make sure they were stored in a good place so to preserve its content. I am sorry we failed to explain this to you, please be assured it will not happen again.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris for a wonderful 7 days to celerbrate our Golden Wedding anniversary.
It was everything we could have possibly expected.
The staff were all excellent and could not be faulted and we very quickly felt confortable and "At Home".
The room was excellent, and there were plenty of power outlets for our computers as we needed to be in touch with our business etc.
Regarding dining, the Breakfast Buffet, was an example of the best Paris has to offer and if you miss the formal restaurant "PUR" you will have made a serious mistake.
We have eaten at several Michelin Starred Restaurants but this is extraordinary.
Currently PUR has One Star, I predict at the next assessment this will be increased .
Attention to detail is expected, but PUR exceeds expectations.
The open plan kitchen is a good idea as it enables one to see and appreciate a smooth well ordered operation working on the supurb selection of dishes.
We recomend this Hotel to anyone who appreciates quality accommodation, superb service, and exquisite dining.
Next time in Paris this is where we will be staying.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room and you will have one which does not face the street.
Dear Normac40,
First of all, congratulations again on your wedding anniversary ! I am glad we contributed with a nice stay in Paris, and that you felt at home at Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme.
Thank you for your encouragements for le Pur' star rating, we do hope too we will be upgraded soon on this guide, but mostly we are delighted to provide a good service to our guests.
Alessandro CRESTA,
Hotel Manager.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We used our Hyatt points to stay at the Vendome for 3 nights while in Paris and this is a truly beautiful hotel. When we initially checked in there was a problem with our booking, but the check in agent was able to resolve our problem by contacting the gold passport program and was very helpful in resolving the issue. She showed us to our room where a complimentary bottle of champagne and delicious macaroons were waiting for us. We had never before had macaroons and they quickly became our favorite food item in all of France. There was also a delicious bag of cookies in the room.

The bed was super comfortable and the shower and bathroom were quite spacious. Little extras like a shower cap, sponge, and mouthwash were very much appreciated. The room itself was a bit small, but this is likely due to the location of the hotel.

After checking in and eating the snacks in our room we wandered downstairs to check out the restaurants and bar. We were greeted by very friendly staff people all along the way and took a look at a menu. Unfortunately we were a little out of our price range and comfort zone with most of the food, but everything looked wonderful for those who are able to splurge and want a fancy Parisian meal.

We took some time on a rainy afternoon to enjoy the hot tub area. The locker rooms were clean and comfortable and the hot tub area was serene. It was a very enjoyable break from site seeing.

The concierge was very helpful in helping us find our meeting points for all of our tours and recommending a delicious Italian restaurant close to the hotel.

The hotel was in a wonderful location within walking distance of the Louvre and Notre Dame. There were also several subway stops located very close to the hotel to get to other places around Paris and the train station is not far if you want to travel outside of Paris.

This was a great place to stay and we definitely recommend it to others!

Dear PenelopeTsernoglou,
Thank you for this detailed review about your recent stay with us! I am delighted to read you have availed of all amenities and installations. On your next visit, I hope you will have the opportunity to try one of our restaurants !
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in Paris only four days so decided to live it up one night. The level of service was mind-blowing, from checking in to waiting for the elevator (from out of nowhere, an employee hit the 'up' button for us). They seem to anticipate your every desire, even before you know it! There is a downside: It is really hard to venture outside -- we lolled about our room for hours. We had luxurious baths with fantastic products and the best sleep. Sigh.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Janevm,
Thank you for this great review about our hotel, and for the tribute you pay to our staff. I am proud to read they exceeded your expectations and contributed to a nice stay in Paris.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon,
Alessandro CRESTA, Hotel Manager.

Been to Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome? Share your experiences!