“lovely, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
monterey
“lovely, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed in room 625 - If you want a nice big courtyard window, skip this floor, its where the roof curves and you have a tiny window because of it. We had no issue with it since we were out all day but others might. We used points and got a free upgrade. our bed was king, very comfortable. Bathrobes, excellent towels, large bathroom with seperate shower & tub but all very open in case you are shy.....Loved the in room nespresso machine. Service here was excellent from the concierge to the front desk....Especially the man who greeted us, Mark. We got excellent directions everywhere, and the hotel is perfectly located for an easy walk anywhere - Siene, opera house, shopping, louvre, tuleries, etc etc......mornign breakfast buffet is pricey, but we had it as part of our deal and it was so great, we never ate lunch. Wish we had time to visit the hot tub and steam down in the spa area, but we were never home early enough.

Room Tip: room 625 has king bed, beautful bathroom, small window to nothing on the courtyard ( becasue of the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

So I booked one night with points. I used to use Hyatt a lot, but now Diamond with Hilton due to more Hiltons where I need to go.
I paid 80 Euro for upgrade to Deluxe and 50 for terrace, so 130 Euro in all.
Arrived early left bags and went for walk. Went back at 1600, room not ready but they tell me it will be worth wait, fair enough, we are offered coffee etc but we went for ice cream instead!
After a while we went back and room, room was ready Marc-Antione took us to the room, which turned out to be the Ambassador Suite, you can describe the room enough. 110sqm, with his and her wash facilities, water bar, coffee and tea bar, drinks bar, champagne bar, huge sitting room and bedroom and office space. Bedroom faces courtyard not great view, but quiet for sleeping, main room faces main road. One of the best designed rooms I have seen in a long time.
Service wise staff were great, booked wife in for Spa, it was late, seems to be a bit if a trend, turns out they came from differant hotel which is why they were late. Did not worry us though as not in rush.
Great breakfast the next day but very expensive, we had Amercian Buffet and were offered eggs, which I assumed was part of the buffet as per the menu, when we got bill, we were charged for Eggs Benedict and the Buffet, most expesnive breakfast in the world :D Food was great though and great staff.
I have worked for hotels and still work in the hospitality industry and tend to notice all small details, it really is a fantastic property.

Room Tip: Courtyard for quiet, street facing for view
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

As many other reviewers on here have done, we got the Hyatt Visa card prior to a trip to France and managed to get our 2 free nights at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris, which is a gorgeous hotel in a great location. Do know, however, that getting the 2 free rooms might take a little work. The hotel is lovely and not overly large. The room type for free nights is a specific room type and if they do not have it, you can not use your free nights. We kept calling back, which is what I recommend. The inventory bounces around (a lot, and all the time – day to day, hour to hour sometimes) and at first I got a room with 2 twin beds, then after calling over and over, snagged one with a double bed when it opened up. When we got to the hotel they upgraded us without us asking and we ended up with a lovely king room overlooking a nice courtyard. If you are a sleeper that likes a darkened room, you should ask for that. Our room got quite light early in the morning, but we noticed that some rooms had automated metal shades on the outside of their windows that they could pull down at night, which would have helped. We liked the morning sun coming in so we could get up and see Paris, however!
As many others have also mentioned, they could not have treated us better, despite the fact that we were staying for free. Everyone, from Julienne (thank you for my little French lesson) and Alexandre (thank you for the directions for the short cut to the bus station) at the front desk to Sebastian in the outside courtyard dining room, was exceptionally service-oriented and kind. The front door staff and concierge were also wonderful, as was everyone throughout the place. The free wi-fi worked very well. The gym was small but well appointed and I never waited for a machine (treadmills, cross-trainers, a bike, yoga ball and weights). I did not use the spa but it looks fabulous. We did eat at the hotel one night and the food was fantastic. The price was $26 for a drink, however, and the food prices followed from there, so be prepared. We each got a drink and split an entre and a salad, which was plenty. The great part was that we sat outside in the courtyard and it rained. We stayed out there, eating and watching it rain from under a canopy and it was very romantic and amazingly beautiful. It was probably the best dinner we had. We also told the hotel we were celebrating our anniversary and ended up with a nice bottle of champagne in our room.

A few tips about the city if you haven’t been: Unless you have mobility issues, take the Roissy bus from the airport versus a cab, the train, or car service. Just follow the signs at the airport for the Roissy bus to Paris/Opera stop. It goes straight (no stops) to the Opera station stop which just happens to be 2-3 blocks from the hotel and costs 10 euro, way less than a cab will be for sure. It takes the same amount of time since it does not stop (45 minutes to an hour, less with no traffic – we got to the airport in 30 minutes on a Sunday morning).

Buy passes at the metro station and use it to get around. Don’t just buy a single ticket, however, go to the counter (which can take a bit of time but is worth it) and get passes. We were there for 2 days and bought a 2-day pass. We then were on and off the metro the whole time and saw almost all of the highlights one could imagine. The metro is much like the New York trains, so if you have a good map with landmarks and know numbers and colors you can figure it out. I followed the advice of another reviewer and put a free Paris metro ap (I got the mx Data one) on my phone, which worked great.

Watch when eating out and check your bill. We felt that sometimes the prices changed slightly once they knew we were from the states. Do get something with chocolate in it! Enjoy Paris and the Park Hyatt.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a room that will be dark in the morning - some have automatic pull down shutters, bu...
Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This hotel is near Vendome Place. The rooms are excellent. My room had a balcony which was nice. The hotel is 20 minutes walk to Louvre. I did not try the restaurants within the hotel. The rooms are so good that it is a pity you cannot spend a lot of time in the room if you are doing lot of signtseeing. They provided extra bed for the child atno cost. The rooms are equipped with 110V outlet for US plug adapters.

The nearest station is Opera which is a 5 minute walk. You can take train 8 to Invalides and then RER C to Versailles if you want to make a trip there. The hotel will also arrange for taxi to go the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My favorite hotel in Paris and I was so happy to return!

My husband and I are leisure travelers. At our age, we don't like surprises - predictability comforts us. We both were backpack travelers in our youth and now have much higher standards. The PH Vendome meets all of our standards, and while we belong to the 99%, the staff never makes us feel uncomfortable amidst the other clientele who belong mostly to the 1%.

Our entire stay was superb from beginning to end. We checked in on our anniversary, and Marie Hedelin (the Guest Services Manager) had set aside a charming room with a balcony for us. We enjoyed the balcony every night and even had a picnic there one night.

We canceled our Pur reservation because we are not fond of pigeon. However, we enjoyed breakfast at Les Orchidees where the staff was efficient, professional, and pleasant. The Franco-Italian gentleman at the Concierge Desk is another of my favorites.

Would I return? Absolutely! I need to start saving my "sous."

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I very much enjoyed our 20th wedding anniversary stay of 14 nights(!) at this property and were treated like visiting dignitaries (or stars) from first moment to last. . .and we were staying on points, no less.

Arrival: a phalanx of attendants and a manager greeted us with great smiles and said, with enthusiasm: "we have been anticipating your arrival."

Check-in: the manager took personal care of us, showing us the entire property so we would be comfortably-oriented straight away. The welcome bottle of champagne was of excellent quality (contrary to another reviewer's apparent experience).

The room: we were upgraded to a Park King with quiet but bright courtyard exposure. As others have noted, the room is brilliantly-designed so that it is quite comfortably large-enough for an extended stay and the bathroom is spectacular. The soft goods are showing their age and do need replacement, however, in order for the room to really shine as a "palace" hotel room should do.

The staff: the absolute best: efficient, friendly, professional, caring, generous, polite and yes: by far the best-looking staff we have ever seen.

Service beyond expectations: I cannot count the kind offers of special treats from the kitchen (on the house) such as french toast, house-made chocolate truffles, cheese plate delivered to the room as a surprise, offers of bottled water from the door staff to take with us on our bike rides, etc. and the genuine interest in our comfort and happiness. Each member of staff was an emissary for the Park Hyatt brand and exceeded our expectations. I know this sounds like marketing-speak but it is true of our experience, nonetheless.

As there must be a flaw in everything, l must hope that those in control of the matter will abandon the sometimes intense and pervasive perfuming of the premises. This is an easy improvement to make!

Many thanks to everyone at the Park Hyatt Place Vendome for making our extended stay there such a great pleasure.

Room Tip: For ultimate quiet, courtyard facing rooms are best; Higher floor rooms are brighter/quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Most of what can be said about the Park Hyatt Vendome has already been said, yet here I am anyway.

I recently completed a six-night stay here with my wife as part of an anniversary swing through Europe. It was our first stop, which didn't bode well for the rest of our lodging on the trip. Simply put, the hotel is an amazing experience. We received an upgrade to a King Deluxe (I believe that's what they call it) and it was large even by American standards, along with the largest bathroom area I've ever seen. Tons of storage and space really helped us feel organized and uncluttered on our stay.

The service we experienced was impeccable and really set the hotel apart. Marion at the front desk was kind, sweet and helpful while checking us in and out, and our interactions with various members of the concierge staff were all positive. Everyone, from doormen to desk staff to housekeeping, almost seems to have been hatched on-property to fit in with the Park Hyatt vibe. Slight annoyance: Housekeeping did repeatedly throw away plastic water bottles we'd have in the room to fill up before heading out for the day, which I think is more of a cultural thing; it appears as if Parisians rarely drink water.

If I had to point out a negative, I'd agree with a few other reviewers and note that there are a few aspects of the hotel that are looking a bit tired (some worn carpet, a few blemishes in woodwork, etc.). It doesn't detract from the stay in any significant way because the hotel is still generally stunning, but I do wonder if a refresh will be needed not too far down the road.

Nitpicking aside, I can't imagine a better hotel stay in Paris, from service to location to the general facilities of the hotel. Just a fantastic experience and I sincerely hope to be back sooner rather than later.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome? Share your experiences!