“Multiple stays: consistently great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de la Place du Louvre

Save Saved
You added Hotel de la Place du Louvre to your Saves list
Hotel de la Place du Louvre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 rue des Pretres St Germain l'Auxerrois | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #403 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Multiple stays: consistently great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Location Location Location...You can't beat walking out the door of the hotel and looking at the Louvre. The building is eclectic so if you're looking for a western/US style room like a Hilton, keep looking. If you're wanting to experience a European style hotel, this is a great place to try. I have another trip to Paris coming up in a few weeks and am staying here again.

I've stayed three times over the last four years for several days each visit. The staff is always helpful and professional. The rooms are all named for artists and each has it's own unique charm. If it's critical that you have a stand up shower or bathtub, make sure to request it since many rooms have only one or the other. The only room that I'm aware of that I don't want to stay in is the one on the top floor with the bathroom at the loft level, up a ladder/stairs. I have stayed in other hotels in the area and have been disappointed and keep coming back to Hotel de la Place du Louvre.

I found the hotel in the Top 10 book and have stayed once during a personal vacation and twice when visiting on business. I'm heading back to the hotel in a few weeks for a personal vacation and I'm excited they had openings that fit my schedule.

NOTE: Taxis don't always know where the hotel is so I use the Louvre or another close location for my drop off point.

The elevator is small (two people, two rolling bags) but it's part of the charm. Breakfast is good and the rooms always comfy. Keep an open mind and enjoy the neighborhood!

Room Tip: If you have a preference re: bathtub or shower, you'll need to request it. I've stayed in...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The first impression I have of this charming old hotel is the friendliness of the doorman and his eagerness to help. Although the foyer is small It is lovely with a large winding staircase to the side of it. The staff were very sweet and did all they could to make sure our stay was pleasant. Of all the hotels on this trip this room on the third floor was by far the most comfortable and quite large. The bed was awesome. Large windows overlooked the comedy theatre one way and a park like square with a great fountain the other way. Breakfast was delightful and had quite varied buffet. Croissants...magnifique. Location was perfect. We walked everywhere. I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lismore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here. Location is fab just Ashley stroll to some sites or the metro. We found the room on 1 st floor more than serviceable. Yes they are small but bed was comfy, bathroom was clean recently refurbished and all of Paris is the same. Staff were very helpful and assisted when asked.overall very happy here and would stay again. Our room Chagall

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This small hotel is located in a great location. We stayed one night before coming home and had room 303 (Klee) facing the courtyard with double bed, standup shower, mini fridge and small clothing closet. Nothing fancy, but the bed was comfortable and clean. However, we did not enjoy the breakfast offered at the hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: TIP: skip breakfast at the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Delta, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My friend and I spent 4 nights here at the beginning of August. I think the location is fabulous. We stayed in room 402 (Mondrian) and the room had everything we needed; super comfortable beds and nice bedding, a mini fridge, and a great bathroom with a tub and a blow dryer. The wifi was good and the staff were helpful. I find bonjour and merci go a very long way, even if you don't know any more French than that. We did not eat at the hotel, instead preferring to get a few breckie groceries and save a few Euros, so I do not know about the food, but my friend said their coffee was good.

People have commented that the elevator is small, but that is true of many places in Europe. It is really only a concern when you you have your luggage and at that, it is no big deal.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and in fact, I probably will.

Room Tip: Room 402 has a great view of the Louvre and also a church. Great for picture taking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Across street from Louvre with two metro stops nearby. 5 minutes from Seine with Tower views. Walk everywhere
Excellent service from several gals and guys at front desk. Breakfast downstairs at extra cost or at nearby locations. Don't expect 4 star rooms but roomy. Why waste money on expensive hotels when you can stay here. Very comfy beds.

• Stayed August 2012
Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this charming hotel and loved our stay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating; They spoke impeccable English and worked hard to make us feel welcome and to take care of our every need. The location was fabulous - just steps from the Louvre and the Siene River. The room was actually not as small as we expected, given the reviews - we felt it was adequate for our needs. We had a charming view of the Louvre and the cathedral across the street which marked every hour and quarter hour with lovely chimes. Our room had been recently updated; the bathroom was small but modern, spotless and shining. The tub, though narrow, was long and deep, providing a relaxing soak at the end of a tiring day of sightseeing. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de la Place du Louvre? Share your experiences!