“Wedding anniversary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de la Place du Louvre

Save Saved
You added Hotel de la Place du Louvre to your Saves list
Hotel de la Place du Louvre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 rue des Pretres St Germain l'Auxerrois | 01 Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #509 of 1,793 hotels in Paris
Lismore
“Wedding anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here. Location is fab just Ashley stroll to some sites or the metro. We found the room on 1 st floor more than serviceable. Yes they are small but bed was comfy, bathroom was clean recently refurbished and all of Paris is the same. Staff were very helpful and assisted when asked.overall very happy here and would stay again. Our room Chagall

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This small hotel is located in a great location. We stayed one night before coming home and had room 303 (Klee) facing the courtyard with double bed, standup shower, mini fridge and small clothing closet. Nothing fancy, but the bed was comfortable and clean. However, we did not enjoy the breakfast offered at the hotel. I would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: TIP: skip breakfast at the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Delta, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My friend and I spent 4 nights here at the beginning of August. I think the location is fabulous. We stayed in room 402 (Mondrian) and the room had everything we needed; super comfortable beds and nice bedding, a mini fridge, and a great bathroom with a tub and a blow dryer. The wifi was good and the staff were helpful. I find bonjour and merci go a very long way, even if you don't know any more French than that. We did not eat at the hotel, instead preferring to get a few breckie groceries and save a few Euros, so I do not know about the food, but my friend said their coffee was good.

People have commented that the elevator is small, but that is true of many places in Europe. It is really only a concern when you you have your luggage and at that, it is no big deal.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and in fact, I probably will.

Room Tip: Room 402 has a great view of the Louvre and also a church. Great for picture taking.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Across street from Louvre with two metro stops nearby. 5 minutes from Seine with Tower views. Walk everywhere
Excellent service from several gals and guys at front desk. Breakfast downstairs at extra cost or at nearby locations. Don't expect 4 star rooms but roomy. Why waste money on expensive hotels when you can stay here. Very comfy beds.

• Stayed August 2012
Spanish Fork, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed 4 nights in this charming hotel and loved our stay. The staff was exceptionally helpful and accommodating; They spoke impeccable English and worked hard to make us feel welcome and to take care of our every need. The location was fabulous - just steps from the Louvre and the Siene River. The room was actually not as small as we expected, given the reviews - we felt it was adequate for our needs. We had a charming view of the Louvre and the cathedral across the street which marked every hour and quarter hour with lovely chimes. Our room had been recently updated; the bathroom was small but modern, spotless and shining. The tub, though narrow, was long and deep, providing a relaxing soak at the end of a tiring day of sightseeing. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sudbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Clean, comfortable, pleasant staff, no frills, but great location for Louvre etc. Well priced and surprisingly quiet for its location. Hotel breakfast expensive but there are plenty of cafes nearby, so take a stroll.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Just came home from 6 days in Paris. All of the things other reviewers are saying are true about this hotel - room size small, location excellent, very quiet, beds very comfortable) I would like to add just a few things. My room - 503 - was kind of odd and wouldn't work for everyone. There were a dozen steps up to a loft area and bathroom - kind of treacherous narrow slats on the stairs. Inexplicably, the closet was up in the loft - as if you would make trips up and down to unpack and pack your suitcase. A weird configuration for a room. If you are up during the night, the climb to the bathroom is a little unwelcome. Also, this bathroom did not have a stand up shower and as an American, this was a little awkward. The person I traveled with had a different room on the same floor with a normal walk-in shower. Also, my room did not have a safe so if that is important to you, make sure you ask. I put my passport, etc. in my companion's safe while we were there. The internet connections from the rooms are very hit or miss. The staff was friendly, but when we were there they seemed to have some "fill in" type of staff and they couldn't always answer our questions (although they were nice). The elevator is REALLY TINY - only room for two average size people. My companion gets a little freaked in small elevators, so she ended up walking up every time. I also had to go up and down with our bags coming and going (there is no bellman). The hotel doesn't really offer any extras at all, so if you are looking for a more "hotel'y" kind of experience, this is not for you. If you just want a quiet clean place close to everything, than you will be satisfied. People mention a view of the courtyard - not sure where that would happen. I left my windows open every night, but my view was very limited as another building was right beside this one.

Room Tip: Make sure to clarify if you need a safe and also, ask if the room has a loft. That might not work f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel de la Place du Louvre? Share your experiences!