“Superior stay? Not quite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Annexe

You added Hotel Annexe to your Saves list
Hotel Annexe
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 rue Taylor | 10th Arr., 75010 Paris, France (Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord)   |
Ranked #1,221 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Wellington, New Zealand
“Superior stay? Not quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I think if they concentrated more on making the room comfortable for guests rather than the decorative trimmings this might actually be a good hotel to stay at. But when you book 'Superior' you kind of expect a bit extra instead of basic. The size was ok except for bathroom which was literally closet size. There was no air conditioning and the room was very hot and stuffy even though the temperatures outside was very cool. No plugs near mirrors so forget about styling your hair with straighteners. At least staff was friendly and helpful. Good location. Near to a few metro station. I guess since we were a couple and only there for one night we probably expected a but more than what was on offer.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Needed a night in Paris on the way back to London. This hotel is value for money, a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and that's it. Great location between three metro stations all about 5 mins walk. The major station Republique connected to most places in Paris without many changes. Neighbourhood is safe enough, recommended to approach Rue Taylor from the Bd. Magenta side after dark as the arched entrance to the street at the Republique end is sometime full of rough sleeper that are not a problem but we did see a scuffle going on, otherwise no problems this side in daylight hours. Loads of Bars and Cafes around and supermarkets on Magenta. This isn't 5 star, but it is comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a backpacking trip. We were looking for cheap options in Paris and this hotel was fine for this purpose. It was quite difficult to find, located along a quiet street (in what is possibly not the best area - a couple of homeless people hanging around which might be intimidating for solo travellers). The sign was hidden behind a tree so we walked past it once. You need to check in at Hotel Taylor next door, there is no reception in the hotel itself. The staff were friendly and helped us get on the WiFi. We found it worked fine in our room on the first floor.Yes, the rooms are tiny, but so is everything in Paris. The furniture is modern but the carpets and bathroom are a little bit worn. There was a loose tile on the bathroom floor we had to be careful of. It was a good base to see the city; close to two metro stations and probably walking distance from some sights. Can't comment on breakfast as we thought it was a bit pricy at 12 euros, but it looked nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hall was very dirty and old, and very dark with no lights.It looked like it was on an old school camp.
The carpets in the hall and the room were dirty and not very cleaned. The rooms were small and extremely warm with no good air conditioning. All we had was an old fan, but there was no suitable place to put the fan.
During the breakfast did we experience few food options and they were often out of croissants and that was very ironic as we were in Paris and its their tradition to have that kind of food. But the pancakes were good.

We were also disappointed with the lack of internet in our rooms, we had to sit in the lobby to access the internet but it only worked for 24 hours. During our stay the hotel lost its internet connection and we were several days without any WiFi on our hotel. The hotel did not much to help us find a wifi or to fix the problem.

Despite all of this, the stay was ok, but we won't return to this hotel in the future.
The location was also bit bad but thats not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: Live on Hotel Taylor and not Hotel Annexe We think that one is cleaner and better rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This was one of the cheaper options I found in the areas I was interested in staying in. For what I paid based on location, I can't be too picky.

Location: The location of this hotel is excellent. The neighborhood wasn't incredibly touristy, which I preferred. Personally, I was able to walk everywhere I wanted to go and didn't have to take a cab or public transportation during the week I stayed there (note: people who aren't used to walking a lot may feel differently).

Hotel: The room was VERY tiny, with an equally tiny bed. I was staying alone, and nonetheless had difficulty at times navigating around my luggage just to get to the bathroom (which was also very, very small). Everything was very clean. The front desk staff (which is located in the adjacent hotel) were all very nice. WIFI didn't work that well - apparently it's only truly functioning in the first floor lounge area.

The only real problem I ran into at this hotel was with the housekeeping staff. When I first arrived and exited the elevator on my floor, there were dirty towels strewn all over the hallway, completely blocking my path, and laundry baskets were blocking the entryway. The housekeeper was standing there (I'm not sure why she had them all over the ground). She saw me struggling to get my suitcase over the towels, but didn't make a move to so much as move the laundry baskets - just stood there rudely. I stayed at the hotel one week, and although they visited my room to make my bed, they never stocked my toilet paper - I only had whatever was left on the roll when I arrived. Two days before I was due to leave, I ran out, was never restocked, and had to purchase my own.

Also, I did not purchase the breakfast option, but from what I saw when i walked by each morning, I would not recommend buying it. If I recall, it was around what you'd pay for a relatively nice dinner in most cities, and what they offered were things you could easily get at the Boulangerie down the street.

Long story short - the hotel was decent and clean in a good location. Although there were a few hiccups, I'd probably stay there again if I needed another hotel in that price range.

Room Tip: If you're visiting with another person, select a larger room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has perfect location, it is near to 3 metros stations, lots of great restaurants are around and you can simply walk to centre. However this hotel wasn ´t that what we were expecting. Our room was the tiniest room I ´ve ever been to. No space, tiny bathroom (little bit dirty and the walls also) and you could hear the hotel stuff working all night long. No wifi in the room just in lobby (at least) and the breakfast was expensive, so is better to get it somewhere else.
For that money what we paid, I think you can get more and better, somewhere else!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Slight delay in finding No 4 in Rue Taylor and discovering it adjoining Taylor Hotel made the cheerful welcome on arrival all the more welcome. 4th floor room had not an inch of wasted space but was more than adequate. Lift also petite but speedy. Breakfast, by contrast, leisurely and ample in very pleasant room. Well-placed short walk from Metro at Place de la Republique.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Annexe? Share your experiences!