“Lido Paris - a dissapointment” 2 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$74*
and up
Private Tour: Vintage 2CV Round-Trip Transfer to...
Ranked #267 of 729 Activities in Paris
Type: Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: THE LIDO TAKES THE LIVE SHOW TO NEW HEIGHTS In spring 2015, the Lido will launch its new show created by Franco Dragone. Incredible energy has gone into assembling an international team of performers and prestigious designers to produce a show that is packed with artistic and technical innovation PARIS, A VERITABLE MUSE! The show draws its inspiration from Art Nouveau, film references, and icons such as Paris' "iron lady", otherwise known as the Eiffel Tower. The sets follow one another at a furious pace portraying a series of famous Parisian sites. Somewhere between dream and reality, you will discover a Paris that you had never imagined existed.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Lido Paris - a dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

Been there full of hopes. Paid 160euro for what was described as "better choice of food" and "better place". The food was bad but that was still ok... what is really dissapointing is the sitting. it is less than 1sqm for 2 people, with the waiters on goingly hiting your back, your foot or your hand. everybody is sooooo crowded... barely able to see the show in between 2 of my very "close" (literarly) neighbours. show is okiesh (costumes and scenes).

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
“Excellent VIP Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

My mother and I went to see the show in October 2009 and we paid for the "Service Premier" which was about $375 Canadian dollars for each of us and while that is a lot of money, I have to say that you pay for what you get. The service was first rate class! We had a special entrance, no line ups, and we were guided to our table which was spectacular not to mention the view was spectacular and about 4 to 5 waiters serving us at all times. You were so well taken care of that you did not feel you were left wanting something. For what we paid, it included a program of the show, 1/2 bottle of Champagne or Wine (we choose Champagne)... scrumptious food, delicious desserts not to mention their famous cookies which were to die for!

The show starts at 7:00pm and ends at 11:00pm. At the beginning before the dinner starts and the show starts they have a band which sings and plays music which you can dance too...the music was great i.e. I will survive by Gloria Gaynor...I can't take my eyes off you by Engelbert Humperdink to name a few. Be sure to dress very elegant as it is a very elegant place with a classy atmosphere. There was a photographer who comes to each table and offers to take your photos and while you feel like a star… remember these pictures are not free although I did purchase some pictures as it is wonderful to have a memento of the occasion.

My only one small issue was that there was no Can Can dancing which is traditional to see in Paris and while the show was awesome, we found that some of the acts were International based and we were left feeling that we would have liked to have seen more traditional French acts. Regardless of this, I would still recommend the Le Lido.

In the end, we believe that if you are going to see Le Lido show than you should splurge and see it in style as you only live once. Thus, when will you have the chance to go or when will you be returning to Paris necessarily.

Durant, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
“Go for the show, not for dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We decided for our first cabaret show we would attend the Lido and have dinner there also. For dinner we were seated on the floor with good seats. After a few minutes our waiter came and took our order and left. Our meal was not very good, passable but we have had much better meals at cafe's while visiting Paris. Our table was at an angle and obviously in the way of the flow of traffic but there's not too much we could do about that. One of the waiters bumped into my husband and told him to move out of the way. I felt like our dinner was very rushed. Honestly there were a few times when my husband and I compared the dinner to a cruise ship and we think the cruise liners provide much better meals than this establishment.

We did like the show very much and the acts in between were also very entertaining. I probably would have given it 5 stars if we had just gone to the show.

I would recommend this show to a friend, not the show with the dinner.

Helsinki, Finland
“Not top of the line”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We spent our weekend in Paris with my wife and I arranged us tickets to the Lido Show & Dinner on saturday evening. We were a bit surprised that we sat together with another couple in the same table and the stage was on our side to where we were facing. Therefore you had to watch the show looking sideways for the whole show and it's not the most comfortable way to enjoy the show.

The food was nothing special, pea soup and a piece of chicken served in a - not-so-french - style. The dessert was nicely garnished and was actually very good, but as a whole the dinner was not anything special. The Lido champagne was good and we enjoyed the taste.

The show was nice to watch but I have to admit that I've seen better cabaret elsewhere. Some of the performers where a bit stiff in their performance and they didn't have the final edge in the show. This might be the reason why I was not able to get tickets to Moulin Rouge a month prior to our arrival, but at Lido the tickets were available.

All-in-all a good experience but probably would consider some other venue the next time.

Southern England
3 attraction reviews
“What is French for ' Rip Off ' ?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

Having seen (and thoroughly enjoyed ) the Moulin Rouge twice in the last year , we thought time for a change. Ugh, what a mistake ! . Top price for very indifferent food (crab starter was almost certainly cause of me being unpleasantly ill during most of the night). Squeezed onto a table towards the back and fed as though on a conveyor belt (oh, to be a free-range tourist). Whole process seemed to be simply a high speed one- way transfer of money. Cannot think of any one comment to support going to this place. It has a reputation but that is based, I suspect, on modern marketing and some valid history.