“not recommended!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord

You added Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord to your Saves list
Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   79 rue de Maubeuge | Gare du Nord, 75010 Paris, France (Entrepôt)   |
Ranked #1,394 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Naples, Campania, Italy
“not recommended!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

good location for transport but the shower was cold, I contacted the reception but their had not any solution for this problem and dont solved it.
Again the room was very dirty, small and noisy!
I not reccomended it, It's cheap but is orrible

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

The hotel was within excellent distance to the Gare du Nord, which was incredibly handy for arrival, departure and also, getting around Paris.
The room was small, but as I was visiting the city alone, and only for two nights, it was perfect for me and my budget. The bathroom was very small, but also reasonably clean, so no complaints there!
The house keeping I found to be quite good, toiletries were refreshed and my bed was made so I was happy enough with that.
The lift was slightly terrifying, as very small and creaky, also annoying that the fifth floor, where I stayed, did not have a call button for the lift, but never really caused me a major issue.
My room faced the inside, so I didn't have a view, but I also had NO noise from the street at all, which was pleasing.
What wasn't pleasing is the noise from inside the hotel itself, you can literally hear everything that goes on within the hotel, which late at night is very frustrating.
Wifi is excellent, with brilliant signal even on the fifth floor! Did have to ask for a username and password but they are given free of charge and you can get more than one if necessary. You do need ONE PER DEVICE, you cannot use the same one twice, even on different devices.
There were many restaurants and shops nearby, including a supermarket, which was handy! Also, a lovely patisserie was on the corner of the street and there was also a pharmacy across the road. McDonalds is also just down the main road if you were looking for that too!

Altogether, it was a reasonable stay and perfect for what I needed, I would stay at this hotel again, although perhaps not with more than just myself.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inward are quiet!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Hotel Maubeuge is a 2 star hotel very close to the Eurostar terminal. If this is what you are looking for it is fine . It is not a five star hotel on the Grand Boulevards. But then neither is the price .

Room Tip: Lift only goes to the 5th floor on way up and 4th floor on way down.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We stayed here during visit SIAL food fair. Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord is a rather simple hotel but the area is perfect for a short stay in Paris. The room are small, and the bathroom whas extremely small. We got room on topfloor first and there was no elevator to this floor and the room was smelling awful, but we got a new room. You get what you pay for on this hotel but if you want a Place just to sleep inn and there are just 5 min to train station I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: There is room to both the street and the courtyard. But dont choice topfloor room. No elevator to th...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Garden Grove, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

This hotel is really cute and walking distance from Gare Du Nord, it's clean, Karim was very nice and helpful, gave us advice on which buses to take. And you can look out your window and see the Eiffel Tower. Oh and they have a lift to make the journey upstairs easier with luggage. Enjoy!!

Stayed September 2014
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

It’s not a very good hotel but checks the major requirements for a short budget stay. One must be prepared that it is not a luxury hotel and do not offer anything other than basics with no frills attached. I was in Paris for three days and this place fitted my wallet and needs. I wasn’t staying in the hotel for major part of the day and checked in only to sleep and refresh, therefore I wasn’t much concerned about the amenities. I visited in July, which is also the peak tourist season in Paris and therefore there weren’t many options available within my budget, prices were at the high and I am more and less happy with what I got.

Things I liked:

1. Location – it’s in the city center and very close to two of the metro stations, Gare du Nord and Poissonniere. Sacré-Cœur, a Roman Catholic Church which is also a major tourist attraction in Paris is just 10 minutes’ walk away. I never ate inside the hotel as there were numerous cafes nearby giving you a lot of options to dine.

2. Receptionist – The lady at the reception was very helpful and patient with our inquiries. She took care of all our requests.

3. Rooms were clean on checking in- I also did not experienced any bed bugs, unlike few of the other reviews

4. Wifi was working with good reception.

5. Hot water was available 24 x 7

6. Luggage storage is possible pre check in and post check out.

7. Lift is available but I never used it.

Things I didn’t like:

1. Rooms are way too small. I was warned of this before and was told that is the case with majority hotels in Paris but this was way smaller than my expectation.

2. I booked a single double bed room but was provided with a room with two single beds.

3. Wash room was also very small and shower area is difficult to manage. If you drop anything, you won’t be able to bend down to get it, it’s that small! But the water pressure and shower quality was very nice.

4. Housekeeping is awful – the room was pretty neat on arrival and I was expecting it to be organized the same way, for every day of my stay but the same was not done. Toiletries were not renewed, towels were not changed and bed was not made for the entire length of my stay. What’s more annoying was that one of the house keeper came in to the room while I was still asleep, early in the morning. She immediately said sorry and went away but I was very terrified. I was about to check out that day but she should have confirmed it first.

Room Tip: There is no view, but rooms to the inner side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Had wanted to go to Paris with my sister for a really long time, and we decided to choose a hotel that was a bit cheaper, so as to stay a little longer. Unfortunately, our experience with this hotel was not great and I don't think I would ever stay here again.

Firstly however, I should say (like others) that the location was really great. You can catch a non-stop train from the CDG airport to Gare du Nord, and the hotel is a couple of minutes walk away. There are also quite a few decent food places and a supermarket here. To our pleasant surprise, there was also a really nice Patisserie/bakery on the corner of the street, which serves fantastic croissants and other good things at excellent prices. We were also easily able to travel around Paris with the metro and train service from Gare du Nord, so that made life really easy.

However when we arrived at the hotel, the lady at reception (who did not speak any English) was quite rude to us and thought we were only staying 1-2 nights (even though we were booked for 4). Check in is supposedly at 13:30 but our room was not even ready when we checked in at around 14:45… this was quite annoying and very unprofessional. The rooms and bathrooms are really small and it wasn't very clean. Whole place could have done with a vacuum and mop. Furthermore the wifi did not work at all, and when I asked the same lady at reception about it, she simply said that if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Not very helpful, especially seeing as they advertise their hotel with free working wifi. There was a TV, but the only thing we could really watch in English was Friends every now and then. Room was also quite stuffy and hot at night. It is quite impossible to sleep with the windows open, as the traffic is extremely loud (unless you're a heavy sleeper). It should also be cautioned that the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything in this hotel, from people next door to the elevator, to people downstairs etc. I woke up several times each night because I could hear people talking or arriving or going out, and so on.

There were a few upsides to our experience:
The beds were ok to sleep in, not too soft. We had requested two single beds instead of one double bed and this was the case when we arrived. We got clean towels every day and they made our beds. Lastly, a man at reception was very friendly and service-minded upon check out, and allowed us to store our luggage away safely after check out.

All in all, it was OK, but I think we will be staying at a nicer place next time. Perhaps also somewhere more central.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Maubeuge Gare Du Nord? Share your experiences!