“Small rooms, big heart!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Athenee

You added Maison Athenee to your Saves list
Maison Athenee
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19 rue de Caumartin, 75009 Paris, France (Opera / Bourse)   |
Ranked #152 of 1,773 Hotels in Paris
Yorkshire
“Small rooms, big heart!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When we arrived at the hotel, my first impressions were a little disturbing, my daughter and her friend asked what time the vampires would be out! The hotel is very decorative with low lighting, wood panelling, lots of fabrics!
After check-in we headed to our rooms on the top floor, the lift could just fit the four of us in, our room 502 was very small, the wardrobe and mini bar and safe were hidden in the walls and were extremely small, the bathroom was well equipped with everything we needed, I really was not sure if I liked the hotel or not?
Our daughters and her friends room was very red and a little larger than ours, being two teenage girls they needed the larger room! Room 504.
We headed out and arrived back late, tired and ready for sleep, we climbed into a comfotable bed and slept really well!
The next morning I showered in a more than adequate shower. This little room was growing on me!
The girls both slept well and seemed to like their room too!
After two good nights sleep in this small little room, I can honestly say it had everything we needed...but if was in Paris for longer I don't think the wardrobe would have been big enough! Ok for a weekend get away!
We did have a little laugh between us about being in a padded room as the walls are all covered in fabric, this was a good thing as the rooms ceilings were sloped!
The only real negative is the first night we had complementary water, the second night nothing? When paying the same rate for both nights I am sure the water should be provided both nights?
As stated earlier this hotel grew on me but I don't think I would stay here again, I really do like the extra space you would get from a higher class hotel.
If you go down to the basement toilets be careful the handrail is very loose and the stone staircase is steep! It's also a little creepy down there? The staff are very friendly too which makes this hotel a little more special!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Unfortunately no twin bedded rooms were available when we arrived so we were upgraded to a really excellent room with a queen bed and a bathroom with both a bath and a shower.
The staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. Nothing was too much trouble from booking tickets to helping us check in for our flight home.
The hotel is ideally situated. The Roissy bus which goes to Charles de Gaulle airport is close by as is local buses and the hop on and off tourist bus.
We will definitely stay in this hotel on our return to Paris.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Each time I stay in Paris I look for a new hotel that just fits the bill. I have stayed at many of the bigger "chains' and while they are very comfortable and reliable I always wanted to find a small one that was reasonably priced, clean, comfortable and well located. This is it!!!

Room Tip: The rooms were smaller but this is Paris after all! Usually with a small hotel you hear ever pin dro...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful little boutique hotel in the (8th arrondissement?)

Sharp little rooms and a great staff... especially Thibau and Paulina!

Didn't have breakfast there but drinks were intimate and fun!

We'll be back again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

We loved the Maison Athenee. It's in a great location - close to the Opera House, and within walking distance to Rue St. Honore, Rue de Rivoli, the Louvre etc. The rooms are beautifully appointed and there's great attention to detail. The concierge was incredibly helpful (Tibau!), and made spot on recommendations for all of our meals. The hotel also has a beautiful bar, and the most incredible hot chocolate I have ever had. I would stay here every time I visit Paris.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

Location is great as it is close to the shopping, restaurants, as operas / theatres.

Only downer is that the rooms are quite small, but this is in-line with all the hotels in Paris Nord district.

The service level at this hotel is top notch.

Highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

My husband and I recently stayed at Maison Athenee and had a wonderful stay. First the staff was incredibly helpful. I emailed with them a couple weeks in advance and they helped us to make some dinner reservations, arranged a car to and from the airport, made recommendations, etc... I was very impressed by the level of service.

Our room was cozy (just as other reviewers said) but very romantic. We had a king size bed which took up most of the room but it was perfect for our needs. The bathroom was clean and gorgeous and our room was made up twice a day. It was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison Athenee? Share your experiences!