“A jewel of a Parisian Boutique Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #90 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Aventura, Florida
“A jewel of a Parisian Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The Contessa and I travel almost six months a year, and it was our pleasure to find this jewel. It is run beautifully, kept sparkling, with fine accommodations and an excellent staff. Within walking distance are most of the famous museums and other sites of Paris. I would highly recommend it to any one who wants the French touch, and reasonable pricing.

Judge David Schepps

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hsg P, General Manager at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review about your recent stay.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel.
Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to us and we have been delighted to share it with all the members of the team who have contributed to the success of your stay with us.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Yours sincerely,
Virginie Daveu

422 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at hotel saint germain for our honeymoon, and we couldn't have asked for better service. The staff was so helpful whenever we had questions on how to get to places, or needed anything. The room was always clean, breakfast was very good, perfect location (close to everything). The bed was super comfortable. We have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It was our honeymoon and we thought it was perfect, so it should be fine for anyone else. Thank you slim and samman, you were great. Bon soir to all and to all a Bon soir!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I get an information that the hotel has a technical problem and 1 have to stay two nights in an other hotel (upgrading two stairs)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hsg P, General Manager at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear sir,

First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Please be aware that only in exceptional circumstance this situation happen and unfortunately during your stay it was a technical failure that we could not fix prior your arrival.
Despite this experience, i truly hope to welcome you again personally in our hotel during your next visit in Paris.
Yours sincerely.
Virginie Daveu
Hotel Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I am writing this review on behalf of my mother (who doesn't do computers!)
She recently had a girly weekend in Paris and stayed at this hotel after I spent many long hours looking for somewhere suitable for them to stay.

Thankfully, she came back full of praise for both the City and the Hotel.

They were booked into a superior twin room which was on the 1st floor with views onto the rear garden. The hotel has recently been renovated & the room certainly made the ladies say 'wow' when they entered. It had all the amenities you would expect, except it would seem - a kettle. Being typical english ladies, they would have liked to have a cup of tea after a hard day touring the city, but it wasn't to be.
The bathroom was a little small but perfectly functional.

The continental breakfast was excellent and set them up for a full day ahead.

The one thing though that really sets this hotel apart is it's fabulous staff. They were extremely helpful and gave my mum and her friend lots of helpful hints and ideas on where to eat, tips to get around town and other information to make their stay even better.

The hotel was very close to the Metro, which is very easy to use (and believe me, if my mum thought it was easy, then it REALLY must be!) A taxi rank is also close by.
However, one word of advice - as my mum and her friend made their way to the hotel from the Eurostar Terminal, two young women tried to grab her bag, so be on your guard if you plan on taking the Metro to and from your hotel. It would seem, they were targeted as they were tourists, too busy trying to work out where they were going than perhaps being on their guard. Thankfully, no harm was done and they made the decision to get a taxi back to the Eurostar on the return for approx 15euro.

All in all this was the perfect hotel as a base to explore the city and gets a big thumbs up and a recommendation from my mum!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hsg P, General Manager at Hotel Saint Germain, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments.
Hope to welcome you soon in our hotel .
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I recently returned from my first visit to Paris where I had the good fortune of staying at the Hotel Saint Germain. As a single female travelling alone for the first time in Europe, my top priorities were to stay in a safe location and to be close to the Louvre and Musee D'Orsay. I am extremely happy I chose this hotel. I felt safe where the hotel was located and the staff were friendly and helpful. This location is an easy 10-15 mins. walk to the Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, and the Rodin museum. If you want to do an open air bus tour and/or boat tour, I'd recommend the Les Rouges tour bus and the Batobus boat. Both had stops at the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsay, which was really fabulous, because taking either option, I was able to easily get to the other sites with those two modes of transportation. Boulevard Saint Germain intersects with rue du Bac, so this hotel is also in a good location to visit the famous literary cafes within the Latin Quarter. I found two grocery stores located on the ru du Bac, which was really convenient for a quick bite to eat or beverage. The Rue du Bac Metro station is basically a stone's throw from the hotel.

My room was tastefully decorated and clean. Even though the room is fairly small, I was thoroughly comfortable. The pictures on the hotel's website are true depictions. I had a room with a window that opened onto the ru du Bac. The hotel was quiet and peaceful, and even with the windows open, the noise from the street below wasn't bad at all.

The hotel breakfast was delicious and beyond my expectations. The cafe au lait was fantastic and helped me power through long days of site seeing. The selection of bread and pastries was wonderful, and there was also fruit salad, yogurt, and cereal. I looked forward to breakfast every day, particularly bread with butter and honey.

I do want to advise anyone staying here that to use the bedroom phone paying via credit card to the US is outrageously expensive. I wanted to make a quick phone call home, and the first time I hung up the phone before the phone call was placed, not wanting to pay the quoted $24 dollar charge. Later, I caved and I left a one minute voice mail message to my mother. Both the call I hung up on and the second call cost me $50 apiece. My credit card company informed me that the charges were from a company called BBG, a global communications company, which does business with many major hotels and also has payphones located in airports. However, I believe a class action lawsuit has been filed against this company for charging excessive fees.

Overall, I would encourage anyone - particularly a first time visitor to Paris like myself to stay at this hotel. Everyone I interacted with at this hotel was gracious and helpful. I appreciated this so much, and hope to return soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour from Paris!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and describing so nicely our hotel fully renovated in 2011.
We are as well very pleased that you recommend our property.
We look forward to welcome you again for another stay that we expect to be soon.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend in early May 2012 and I can't fault it. The rooms were small, but I didn't expect any bigger for a Paris hotel. It was beautifully decorated, with a lovely shower room en suite and separate toilet. The staff were so helpful, they booked a restaurant for us on the night we arrived and suggested a good location for another evening.

The breakfast which is included is delicious, it's continental but more than enough. We didn't miss the fried food at all! Beautiful coffee, crossaints, french bread, jams, compote, fruit, cereal, juice etc - and lovely hot chocolate too. We couldn't stop eating!

The location was perfect - and I honestly think for the price you pay it is an amazing deal. We couldn't recommend this hotel enough - and next time a friend or family member is going to Paris we're going to demand that they stay there!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor (room 20) and was lovely - I don't think all rooms have a separ...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Very convenient small hotel for all the attractions of the left bank - a short walk from the Louvre too. Rooms well modernised - but even in a superior double the bathroom required Houdini type agility to enter and exit. Breakfast was very good. Above all, however, the staff were friendly, cheerful and very helpful - at all times! The latter is a first for us in Paris where an air of haughty disdain for "les rosbifs" seems far more normal.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask about the size of your bathroom!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, glad you like your experience in our hotel.
Our main goal is to satisfy every wish of our guest during their stay in our amazing capitale.
Hope to welcome soon again
Virginie

Been to Hotel Saint Germain? Share your experiences!