“Nice staff and nice location” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Central Saint Germain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 rue Champollion, 75005 Paris, France   |
Ranked #927 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Malmo, Sweden
“Nice staff and nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

This is a basic 3 star Parisian hotel, with small rooms, simple breakfast and not so many amenities. The beds are comfortable, but I don't like the sheet and blanket instead of a duvet. The bathroom is clean and the shower great, but the towels are very worn and torn. The wifi is free and worked for me. The staff is very nice and welcoming and the location of the hotel is unbeatable. I stayed here for work and would do it again, but on a vacation I would go for a more luxurious hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

It is a little cute hotel, very clean and confortable. The rooms are small but OK for Paris standards.
There is a elevator, which is not easy to find in many hotels around Europe.
The internet was very poor, the guy at the reception desk was very helpful and cheerful.
The location is the best you can get in Paris, very close to metro stations and really you don´t need it that much, since you can easily walk to main attractions. It is close to many nice restaurantes, cafes and crepperies which I love in Paris.

I highly recommed Hotel Central St. Germain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dubbo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed two nights with three teenagers and wifi is essential for our brood. Unfortunately the free wifi did not work in our two rooms and we needed to go to the foyer if usage needed. Location good, rooms adequate and breakfast good. We found the hotel quiet and calm.

Stayed January 2014
centra22, Responsable réception at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello,

Thank you to find a time to give us your opinion about our hotel.

We are glad to know that in general you stayed satisfied by our service.

We extremely sorry for what happen with internet connexion in your room. The general manager was inform about it during your stay and reparation was done.

We hope that your next time in our hotel will be even better than this time.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Dear All

Re: Security and honesty concerns.

By means of background, I had cash in currencies for countries I was travelling to.
Before, I travelled from London. After, I travelled to New York.

Given there was no safe in the room (no. 407), I kept my cash with my travel documents in a pocket in my suitcase.

I had majority of my American cash stolen (all large notes) from my suitcase in the room.

There has been extensive communication with the hotel. In short, the hotel denied liability and refused to co-operate to reach a resolution.

As an aside, I was required to hand my room access card to Reception when I was out of the hotel. I have travelled extensively, and found this requirement odd.

I would like to let all prospective guests know of my unpleasant experience, not only relating to stolen cash but the unco-operative assistance I received. Thr hotel provided no reassurance that it would take steps to avoid the matter of stolen cash in the future.

My experience also serves as a reminder to prospective guests to be diligent with all their belongings at all times.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to let me know. Please be careful.

centra22, Directeur général at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear SimStar D,

We are sorry for this late answer and for the misunderstanding that made you as consequence to have a bad stay in Paris.

We would like to clarify that in all our rooms there are safety boxes that are situated in the closet. You just need to ask for the key on reception desk.

As you could see from all another comments on Tripadvisor, on Booking.com, etc., the staff of the hotel is ready to help you 24h/7 in case you have some questions or some clarifications to make.

We hope that your next stay in our hotel will bring you much more positifs emotions and we hope to see you back soon !

Rishon Lezion, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

in agrat location many resturants and bars all around
satff was very friendly
the room was good but could been better with better blankets
the elivator is a littel scary
but overall it was great to our needs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

We would like to thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We were glad to know that in general you stayed satisfied by our service.

Thank you for your advise for the blankets and for your message about the lift, we took a note about it and the message was transferred to our general manager.

Aix-les-Bains, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

It is a nice small Hotel which I recommend as a base for many tours inside Paris. Its position close to Sorbonne, to Boulevard StGermain, to Notre Dame make it better than many others. Personnel are at your disposal and very gentle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

All our staff thank you for time you took to give your opinion of our hotel.

We were pleased to know that you stayed satisfied by our service.

Our staff does the best to offer to each our client the best welcome and we hope that your next time in our hotel will be even better than this time.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The location of the hotel is worth the stay. Close to everything and not far from the Metro, this is a gem. The staff were very helpful and I was able to change my room with no problem. The breakfast was good. Overall, the hotel is very clean and lovely. The beds were extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and would definitely return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
centra22, Responsable réception at Hotel Central Saint Germain, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello,

First of all we would like to thank you for time you took to give your opinion about your stay in our hotel.

We were pleased to know that you stayed satisfied by our service and that you will be happy to be back to visit us.

It's a big pleasure to receive such kind of comments and it gives us a motivation to do our job even better.

We thank you again and we hope to see you back soon !

Our best wishes,

Been to Hotel Central Saint Germain? Share your experiences!