“Thank you Giada, Inga, Josette et al” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #95 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Franklin, Michigan
“Thank you Giada, Inga, Josette et al”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This trip marks something like ten to fifteen times we have visited this hotel. (I'm sure the
hotel keeps good records.) Everyone without exception deserves high praise for making
this little gem so exceptional. When a problem developed with an allergic reaction to a medication, Giada was extremely helpful in locating and providing directions to a late night
pharmacy. Inga, the exceptional Directrice of the hotel helped me with navigating the Air France website to arrange for better seats on our return flight. Josette in the breakfast room is so accommodating and pleasant that we look forward to this meal as a perfect beginning to our day. On this trip we went to an early morning antique show in Chatou which meant an earlier than normal breakfast. It was offered with the assistance of the night front desk person who even prepared coffee for my wife. (I apologize for not remembering his name. I have always been a believer that good people make a real difference in life. This hotel proves this hypothesis each and every time. This hotel is Paris for us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Sir,

We would all like to thank you for this fantastic feedback and your positive comments on everyone!

We are always happy to see you coming back to the Millesime Hotel and we hope we will have the occasion to do so on many more occasions…!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back next Mai!

Inga, Giada, Josette, Valerio, Chloé, Nicolas and Léopold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Millesime several times now over the past few years. If I am going anywhere in Europe, I try to come here first to recuperate and get over my jet lag. First it is the location, the quaint, charming and quiet Rue Jacob in St. Germain, that fulfills all my romantic fantasies of Paris as well as being accessible by foot to many attractions, restaurants and right down the block, Lauduree! Secondly, as mentioned in many reviews, the front desk staff are so friendly and helpful. While not a luxury property, the hotel itself is clean, cheery and the rooms are comfortable. I am pretty fussy about beds( absolutely no sagging allowed) and bathrooms. A tub, good lighting, and a reasonable size are all provided. Yes, thicker towels would be welcome. There is a small fridge/minibar. The sound proofing is excellent. We never heard a peep. The breakfast room is pleasant and the offerings are of good quality so yes, it is my Paris nest, and a lovely one at that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

It was a real pleasure welcoming you back recently to the Millesime Hotel!

We are thrilled that our hotel is your Paris nest and we would all like to thank you for having shared all this positive feedback with other travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

All the best

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. It absolutely deserves more than a very good rating; a 4.8 out of 5. The hotel itself is clean and charming; with a little sitting area off the reception area and a small but very pretty courtyard. We had a superior room overlooking Rue Jacob which is a small street and quiet at night. The room's decor is pleasant and simple. It was a good size and felt even larger thanks to the high ceiling (I peeked at the standard rooms and they are definitely small). There is a beautiful large window that opens up and is perfect for sitting in front of to plan your next day. The room had a closet with shelves (could have used more hangers) and the bathroom was quite large but no shelves or counter tops. There is one small table for your toiletries. The tub was nice and deep and is also a shower. The bed was comfortable and the curtains kept the room dark at night. The towels and linens are absolutely fine but definitely not luxury hotel quality.
The breakfast area is charming. The breakfast includes coffee/tea/juice, pastries, breads, cheeses, meats, cereal, yogurt and fruit salad. You can order eggs for an additional 3-5 euros. The breakfast room staff were friendly and efficient.
The front desk staff were very helpful, polite and friendly and provided us with good information regarding the use of public transportation. They called and confirmed reservations for us and even changed some at our request. One night we bought take out food at one of the delicious nearby vendors and the hotel provided us with plates, wine glasses, silverware etc. to dine in the courtyard. They seem to speak a variety of languages.
The location in St. Germain is great - just 5 minutes from the Seine and a very short walk to Notre dame. It's an easy walk to the Lourve and Tulleries and Musee D'orsey. It's also a short walk to the Sorbonne, Pantheon and Luxembourg gardens. We also walked to/ from the Arc de Triomphe and Rue Cler. There are wonderful restaurants all around and if you want good
"fast " food there is a Cosi's right around the corner.
We would enthusiastically recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Madam, dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having highly recommended the Millesime Hotel on tripadvisor and for having taken the time to write such a detailed great review!

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the area around so much. Your positive comments have been shared with the team!

We hope we may welcome you back to the Millesime Hotel on your next Paris trip

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am extremely picky about hotels and feel fortunate to have selected the Millesime Hotel to stay for five days before a cruise I was taking at the end of August from Harwich, England. This is a wonderful boutique hotel with an excellent location on the charming Rue Jacob and the most efficient staff I have encountered in a Paris hotel after many stays in this city. I especially appreciated the service given by Inge the manager who as about as helpful and personable as they come. The service in this hotel could not be better. Thank you again Inge for your help throughout my stay especially in helping me find restaurants where I could feel comfortable eating alone.

My superior room was spotlessly clean, larger than usual in Paris, and had a charming balcony with a view of the activity on the street. The air conditioning worked great, a plus as it was a little warm in the city at the end of August. The breakfast is varied with a nice selection of cheeses, meats and breads in addition to cold cereals, yogurts, and pastries. The hotel is non smoking, which I especially appreciated.

All things considered I could not find anything wrong with his hotel and am looking forward to staying there again the next time I go to Paris. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have nice views but all rooms are reasonably sized and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this lovely review about the Millesime Hotel.

I am really happy to read that you feel fortunate with your hotel choice and that you appreciated so much room, breakfast and service!

I hope you had a most enjoyable cruise after your stay in Paris and I look forward to welcoming you back on a next occasion

All the best

Inga
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been meaning to post this review for almost a year and a half now. I wrote this up on the plane on our way home from Europe in May 2012:

We stayed at the Millesime May 15-19. The best parts about this hotel are its awesome location and very friendly staff. When we first arrived at the hotel we were informed there was an issue with our room – there had been some sort of leak and a technician would be in to fix it. We had booked the standard room, but they offered to let us have the suite for one night to accommodate for the inconvenience, which we accepted.

Staying in the suite was worth the inconvenience of having to move rooms after one night. This room is the only room on the 5th floor, so it's very private and about twice the size of the standard rooms. The front area has a sofa that pulls out into a bed a little larger than twin size and there is a twin bed/lounge area in this space as well. The back area has a large bed, so a family of 4 (possibly 5 if the children are small) could comfortably stay here. The bathroom separates the two sleeping areas. The bathroom is very modern looking and the bathtub/shower has a large rain-type shower head. Other advantages the suite has over the standard room were the robes and the ironing board – neither of which were provided in the standard room.

The last 3 nights of our stay were spent in the standard room, which was bigger than I had expected it to be. Although there was not a whole lot of room between the bed and walls, it wasn't really too bad and there is a lot of space at the end of the bed for luggage. The room had a window that opened as well. Aside from not having a robe or an ironing board (which were only slight inconveniences), the room was more than appropriate for our stay.

My only complaint about this hotel is that the bed was very hard, which did not help our exhausted bodies refresh after long days of site-seeing. However, we would probably choose to stay here again because of the advantages mentioned above – the lovely staff and the great location. Rue Jacob is just a few blocks from the Seine River. Right across the River is the Louvre Museum, which is pretty central in comparison to most of the sites and allowed for us to pass by several sites in both night and day, which provides very different views at the different times of day. The walk to the Eiffel Tour was about an hour along the route that follows the Seine (taking back roads might have been quicker). Breakfast each morning was also nice. My husband always looked forward to the meat and cheese and I had several pastries each morning – they were all so good! There is also fruit, yogurt, and cereal.

As mentioned, everyone on staff was very nice and spoke English well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your last year experience at the Millesime Hotel on tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read all these kind comments about staff, room and location, and we hope we may welcome you back on a future trip to Paris.

Portland, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This wonderful small hotel was recommended by a friend and I am so enthusiastic about it. The location is charming and within walking distance to so many museums and other sights. The room wasn't fancy, but it was spotlessly clean and appealing. Like other reviews, I would rate the hotel staff five stars as they were helpful, friendly, thoughtful, professional....and went out of their way to make you feel at home. Don't miss the wonderful breakfast buffet they offer every day. I plan to return to Paris next spring and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
millesime, Gérant at Millesime Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Madam,

In behalf of all the team I would like to thank you for this fantastic comments about the Millesime Hotel and the service!

I am really pleased that you would rate the hotel five star and that you enjoyed everything: staff, room, breakfast and location!

We look very much forward to welcoming you back next spring and we remain of course at your entire disposal in case you require assistance with planning your activities in Paris!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent four nights at the Millesime Hotel at the end of July. My room was small but quiet and very comfortable. The front desk staff was always friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast is served in a basement "grotto" and has a variety of delicious breads, fresh fruits, juices, meats and yogurt. There is a beautiful and quaint patio with chairs and tables located just off the lobby where guests can relax with a beverage. The Hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from the Seine and the Luxemborg Gardens. This is a small hotel with less than ten rooms which gives it a homey and comfortable atmosphere.

When I return to Paris, hopefully sooner than later, I will definitely stay at the Millesime Hotel again. It is a terrific value for the price.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior double room, which gives a few feet more space than the regular sized rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for this great overall feedback after your recent stay at the Millesime Hotel!

Thank you for the wonderful comments about the comfort of the room, the friendly and extremely helpful staff, the delicious breakfast and the beautiful patio!

We are really thrilled that you feel the Millesime Hotel is terrific value for price and that you will definitely stay here again…

Directrice

Been to Millesime Hotel? Share your experiences!