“Two delightful weeks in Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants

Save Saved
You added Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants to your Saves list
Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, rue des Bons Enfants | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #590 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Two delightful weeks in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants is a small hotel just a few minutes walk from the Louvre. The great location was the reason I chose to stay there. I arrived to a friendly welcome, augmented by a complementary bottle of Rhone wine in the room. The staff was exceptionally useful as well as friendly throughout my stay. The hotel was clean and well maintained, though my room was (unsurprisingly) quite small. The hotel serves a simple continental breakfast with good croissants. Considering the hotel's fantastic location, the price was exceptionally reasonable. I returned home with warm memories of my visit to Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

403 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grenoble, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during the week on a business trip and was pleasently surprised upon arrival. Very clean, classy and in a location that can't be beat. My room was only slightly larger than the bed and desk in it, but this is typical of Parisian hotels. The best part? A bottle of red wine offered as a welcome gift!

• Stayed July 2012
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My recent stay in Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants left excellent memories! The location is excellent - a quiet street just around the corner of the Louvre, Jardin de Tulleries and good restraurants. What specifically impressed me was the warm welcome by the staff, their friendliness and the fact that I could communicate in English.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Like all those old fashioned Paris hotels the room was small and everything is cramped. No view, average breakfast served in a decorationless room. When you book this kind of hotel, you know what to expect...
But if want to be close to the Louvre and the center of Paris, you got it !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our group of 6 spent two nights at the hotel in May 2012 and we were very pleased with our stay. This was my 5th visit to Paris so I have a very clear understanding of what to expect on room size and general expectations about hotels. The building is classic, the hallways are narrow, and the elevator is tiny. But that's Paris and we loved it.
We had 2 twin rooms and one double room and they were all clean and cozy. The bathrooms were updated and of a comfortable size. There is a refrigerator in the room, and they provided a complimentary bottle of wine which was actually excellent.
The front desk was wonderful and helpful. They spoke English and were very gracious and accommodating. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but I know it is available for an extra fee.
The location is incredible -- three short blocks from the Louvre complex. We walked everywhere and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will not hesitate to return on our next visit.

Suggestion: if you plan on visiting the Louvre but don't want to stand in line outside the Pyramid entrance, go to "Le Carousel du Louvre". This is actually a below ground shopping complex located at 99 Rue de Rivoli, three blocks from the hotel. There is a red sign identifying the entrance at the street level. Take the escalator to the lower level and follow the signs to a direct entrance to the museum. You avoid the lines and the weather, and you can buy the Museum Pass if you want. The complex also has an Apple store, food court, and general shopping. We picked up our rental car from Hertz there as well. Very convenient way to get into the museum and avoid the lines.
Overall: Highly recommend this hotel. Fairly priced. Great experience.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms face the street; some face an interior courtyard with essentially no view. If thi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
La Paz, Bolivia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I found it in Tripadvisor and it really made my staying in Paris during last Eastern holiday.
Great location, great breakfast (not included in the rate), friendly and kind staff who do their best to help you.. They don't mind if you don`t speak French.
Definitely, next time in Paris, I will make reservations at this very same hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Copper Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This hotel is a gem. My husband and I traveled with another couple to London and decided to do one night in Paris... I found this hotel on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. We had rooms 501 and 502... getting in the elevator... we realized it only went to the 4th floor. We get out and there is this small winding staircase that leads to the 5th floor. We get up there and there were only two rooms. We walk in and the rooms were adorable! They had a Paris Charm that made it feel very authentic to what I had imagined Paris to be like :) The staff was very friendly (and spoke English, which I was told might be a problem in Paris) They had a nice breakfast there in the morning too! I would highly recommend this hotel. The location was perfect, in walking distance to almost everything!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Louvre Bons Enfants? Share your experiences!