“Charming! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Regyn's Montmartre

You added Hotel Regyn's Montmartre to your Saves list
Hotel Regyn's Montmartre
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 place des Abbesses | 18 Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #858 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Charming! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a lovely hotel in the most perfect location in Montmartre. The rooms are pretty, and very clean. From our 5 th floor room - a view of the Eiffel Tower, and the beautiful church across the road. The hotel is two star so excellent value. There is a small elevator which is very good for getting luggage to the top floor. Highly recommended and I can't wait to return.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
studhot, Propriétaire at Hotel Regyn's Montmartre, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Client,
I thank you very much for you very kind review about your stay in our hotel.
It is always a pleasure to contribute to the success of your trip in our city.
We hope to see you soon in Paris.
Yours sincerely
Michel Cadin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Hotel Regyn’s Montmartre hotel was a magnificent hotel to stay in. It is located in an outstanding location wherein guests are situated in a grand center of the Montmartre district which gives a perfect center point to experience this wonderful area of Paris. The Abbesses metro station is just a few yards from the hotel giving perfect access to all other areas of Paris.
This hotel I believe also offers a deeper Parisian experience in that its rooms have a décor which expresses a stronger sense of authenticity of the Parisian culture. I found the décor of the rooms to be quite elegant. The rooms were well kept and clean. The staff were all quite friendly and helpful. They helped me with my French speaking skills; I was hoping to speak better French when I arrived in France.
This is a wonderful hotel for people on a budget in that it gives great value for quite a modest price and I feel it is especially a good hotel for the first time Paris visitor; A wonderful stay in which I will return again on my next visit to Paris.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
studhot, Propriétaire at Hotel Regyn's Montmartre, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for your very nice reveiw. All your compliments will transfer to my team.
It is always a great pelasure to see that our clients enjoyed themselves during their stay in Paris an particurlaly in our hotel.
We'll be very pleased to welcome you for your next visit.
Yours sincerelly,
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

This hotel is 2 star and located very conveniently mere steps away from the metro Abbesses which is great for travelling around Paris. The hotel is tiny and a bit reminiscent of the twilight zone. The lift is tiny and not recommended if you are claustrophobic. Go one at a time because two people and two suitcases you barely have room to breathe. The higher floor rooms that face the square offer a brilliant view of Paris but beware of the opposite church because those bells will definitely wake you up in the morning. As the hotel is in central Montmartre and people play football on the square you will have some noise. I also recommend you come well prepared with your own drinks/bottle of water because there are no tea/coffee making facilities and you need to stay hydrated walking around Paris. Luckily there is a little drinking water fountain outside the hotel where you can refill your water bottle.

The rooms are small and European but the toile de jouy wallpaper is lovely. There is a TV in the room and shower gels provided great if you are only travelling with hand luggage. The immediate area is very expensive in terms of dining out. A cup of tea down the road in a cafe set me back 5 euros. Better to take the 5 minute walk to the G20 supermarket. The rooms are very basic and I would only suggest a short stay in this hotel. Shop around and you can get a rental in a better location with more amenities for the same price or less as the hotel.

Room Tip: "Ask for a room on higher floor overlooking the square for a stunning view of Paris and the Eif...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Client,
I thank you very much for your review. This helping us to improve and getting better services to our clients.
Your description of the hotel and area is quiet correct. It is a small building as it is usual in Montmartre. Then the rooms are small. The lift is small, but we have the chance to get one. Some others places cannot be equiped because of the size of the building.

The area is active. many differents kinds of population, young, old, parisian, foreigners, etc. That's his feature. Some like it some not.

Anyway, I hope that you've enjoyed your stay in Paris.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great value hotel, clean, very friendly staff and perfect and romantic location. Situated in a lovely little square with some great restaurants and cafes a stones throw away. Very good value and will come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
studhot, Propriétaire at Hotel Regyn's Montmartre, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear customers
Thank you very much for your comment. We are very pleased that you've spent such nice time in my hotel and in our neighborhood.

We hope to see you soon.
Leamington Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My daughters stayed at this hotel between the 16th and the 19th February. This hotel is ideally situated only 30 yards from the entrance to Abbesses Metro. Right in the heart of the vibrant and colourful Monmartre district of Paris, with some great cafes and bars close by. Sacre Cur is just a short walk away. This really is a great place to stay.

The room was very clean, well serviced and with a brilliant view from the front of the hotel. The toiletries provided for you are fantastic. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. At all times my girls felt very safe and well cared for.

This is a great hotel for people who want good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Client,
I am very pleased taht you've spent a time in my hotel and in Montmartre. I am delighted that you've enjoyed our nice romantic area.
I have a daughter, I know how it is important to feel safe and well take care of for her, my wife and me.
So, I am very pleased to see that my team was there to mak you feel safe and comfortable.

We hope to see back sometime.
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to Paris for 4 days and chose this hotel according to the tripadvisor reviews and also for its friendly price.
We couldnt choose better! We were so happy and I think we couldnt find anything more romantic!
We stayed in the 5th floor and had a view of the whole Paris with lighted Tour Eiffel, unbelievable!
The room was also very nice, clean, small, but for us it was just perfect.
The staff was very nice, friendly and always smiling.
Location is great, not even a minute from the metro Abbesse, and you are in Montmartre, so its really really romantic and coffes and great restaurants everywhere you look.
I will recommend to all my friends and next time I come to Paris, I dont want to stay anywhere else:)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Rooms adequate and clean, coffee and tea making facilities would have been nice. Staff v pleasant and helpful. Paper thin walls a bit annoying when trying to sleep. You are paying for the view which is marvellous.

Room Tip: go for a room on the 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Regyn's Montmartre? Share your experiences!