“Great location by Musee de Orsay ...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel d'Orsay - Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   93 rue de Lille, 75007 Paris, France   |
Ranked #128 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
San Diego, California
“Great location by Musee de Orsay ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

The hotel's location by the Orsay and proximity to the Metro and RER stops (under the museum) are the primary reasons for staying here. All is one block away ... and the staff were extremely helpful and courteous to us. The room is roomy and nicely appointed ... with a French balcony view of the museum. However, the price seems a bit high for the value received. Other hotels in the area provide more value for the money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Just spent one week at this hotel and was very pleased with everything. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed information about what was open or closed during the strike, the room very clean and the Manager David worked very closely with us in following up on our airport pickup and plane reservations. We couldn't have been better taken care of by the d'Orsay Hotel.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was the last hotel of a 2 week trip with my cousin. We arrived at the hotel and were told that we were in an attic room. We'd had a terrible experience in attic rooms at a hotel in Honfleur the nights preceeding our arrival, so we asked for another room. The wonderful guy at reception assured us that we would love this room as it was an upgrade (we don't know how we received an upgrade).

First, the lobby is lovely. There is a small garden at the back which is very nice. Again, the reception staff couldn't be nicer. Grigori (hope I spelled it correctly) spent time in San Francisco and is just as nice as they get. They were very concerned about making sure that my cousin's shuttle to the airport was properly arranged and they did an over the top job with it. Thanks for everything!

So off we go, still packing challenged, but there is a lift. Part of the way. The rest of the way we have stairs down, up and spiraling. We reach our room, open the door and we are blown away. Beautiful and charming don't even begin to describe the room.

Beamed ceilings and the ability to stand up in the whole room started things off. Clean, clean clean. Lovely bedding, comfortable beds, wifi access in our room (finally!!) and a bathroom to die for. Lots of space, both a tub and shower, heated towel rack, thick fluffy towels and robes. Sparking white towels and robes. It was heaven.

Hotel is well situated, found a great little place for dinner. It is in the same family of hotels with Hotel de la Place du Louvre, but it is a whole different animal. Significantly nicer than its relative but pricier.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Although no hotel is perfect, Hotel d'Orsay gave us first class service and accommodation--from the moment we arrived until we left. We stayed for 10 nights and were always thankful to return at night to our large room, very comfortable bed, and well-cleaned bathroom. The staff from its director M. Chevalier to the desk people, Barbara, Gregoire, Rashid and Deborah, answered all of our questions and supplied my wife with directions in her pursuit of the places where painter Modigliani lived in Paris.

Guests really feel secure and the service we received was extended to other guests (because I sat and watched while waiting for my wife to leave our top floor room). After visiting other hotels recommended on Trip Advisor, including those more expensive and higher-rated, we are happy we chose this one.

If there are future transit disruptions, for whatever reasons, there is no problem--because the location makes so many sights easily accessible. Left Bank, Right Bank--take your choice. When we left at 5 AM, the hotel arranged shuttle was right on time, and got us to CDG safely and on time. Just a great experience in a clean, comfortable and well-run hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Great hotel..friendly people and really convenient location for all the sights. We hardly used public transport during our visit! We booked the suite which was large and had a quiet balcony to the back. Very romantic. Will visit again.

• Stayed August 2010
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

location is great, staff is friendly, but the room... I booked it as a double, but it has only one bedtable(there is no space for second one), it has no drawers, not even shelves!
practically no space to put suitcases on. Bathroom is the tiniest, shelf there isn't big enough even for one traveler. I guess this space (#18) never meant to be a guest room, because on both bathroom and closet are built into the room, mating it even smaller. When I complained to one of the staff, he politely told me that they are honest about the condition of the room on their website. I don't know I didn't check. Too bad I couldn't find it on tripadvisor. So, be very carefull choosing the room. Definitely, not #18

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

I hesitate to give a completely negative review, but considering that I chose this hotel on the basis of inexplicably positive ones on your site, I need to add a bit of realisim to the mix. That the lobby is nothing like the photos and the reception was lukewarm was not a problem for me. What was a problem was the room. On opening the door, the first thing I saw was a filthy carpet, the second was wallpaper buckling and peeling and full of stains, and the third was a can of a particularly nasty insecticide for, among other things, lice, bedbugs, fleas and mites that the maid had left out. When I pulled the sheets back there were curly black hairs between them, and when I looked at the flannel mattress pad it was literally covered in hair. I left the room without unpacking and returned the key. The woman at the front desk was angry and insisted on inspecting the room with me. She was considerably more subdued after seeing it, but did try to tell me that I shouldn't have looked at the mattress pad because it was under the sheets and didn't matter. There are a lot of other reasonably priced hotels in the neighborhood, so give this one a pass. And btw, the "view of the Musee d'Orsay" is a fiction, since it is over a block away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
davidorsay, Directeur général at Hotel d'Orsay - Paris, responded to this review, June 3, 2010
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to improve the hotel d’Orsay service.

I sincerely regret your negative experience at the Hotel d’Orsay and will not detail each of your points. I would be glad to discuss them with you if you wish to.

Regarding pictures displayed on the hotel website, I’m sorry not to understand your comment. Pictures of the lobby were taken recently and reflect reality. In addition, our property is one-minute walk from the Musée d’Orsay, and as Trip advisor contributors’ pictures show it, rooms on the street offer a view on it.

Yours sincerely.

David Chevalier
Hotel manager

Been to Hotel d'Orsay - Paris? Share your experiences!