“Great base for sightseeing” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel d'Orsay - Paris to your Saves list
Hotel d'Orsay - Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   93 rue de Lille, 75007 Paris, France   |
Ranked #138 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Great base for sightseeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had a room on the top floor; good size and unique shape - very picturesque. The top floor had the bonus of having to take the narrow stairs for one floor and that added character (they brought the bags up). Close to museums and walkable to places like the tower. Friendly staff who went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Don't miss the old elevator cage near the breakfast room - it gives a hint of what this was like years ago.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We've been coming to this property since it was a hotel and pensione in adjacent buildings years ago. The current configuration makes it a very sensible choice because of the central location, pleasant staff and above-average rooms. There's not a great deal of street noise despite the fact it's in a busy district and the breakfasts are quite fine. Easy walks to Rue Cler, St. Germain des Pres, the Louvre and Tuileries. Of course, the Musee d'Orsay is maybe 100 yards away. Two handy subway stations (Orsay and Solferino) in the neighborhood serve different lines and make it easy to explore the entire city plan.

Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This charming hotel on the left bank was perfect for me for the following reasons - location the best and the staff gracious and helpful at all times. All this was doubly important to me, an American female traveling alone. Will I return? Yes in 2 years I'll be coming to France again and will stay here. After attending a wedding in England where the food is not edible, I took the Eurostar to Paris and ate like a queen. Paris having my Southern California weather while I was there was a real bonus. The hotel was going through some renovations but the staff handled it beautifully and no one missed a beat, as we say here in America. I'll be back!

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor looking out the back of the hotel. I enjoyed the quiet, morning sun an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great location, less than 100 metres from Musee D'Orsay. Friendly & efficient staff. Comfortable & attractive rooms. And, a delicious breakfast!
Wonderful hotel & definitely will be back next time staying in Paris!!

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Spent two of the most relaxing days of the year staying in the Hotel D'orsay Paris. It was exactly what my wife and myself needed. The hotel was lovely . The staff were perfect and the location was spot on. I can honestly say I will be back here to stay in the future.
Can I also add in that everybody I met and spoke to in Paris were very helpful and not like the way they are portrayed in the English press as rude and arrogant. I found that my school French certainly gave some French people a good laugh at my expense but the Parisians are extremely friendly people.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a perfect location for travelers who wish to visit the main museums in Paris. Not only is it right down the street from the Musee D'Orsay, but it is also right by the pedestrian bridge across the Seine, offering easy access to the Louvre and the Right Bank. Our room (Club Room) although very small (many might deem it "cramped." while a few might call it it "cozy") was nicely appointed. We stayed for 4 evenings in mid-September, and found the room met our needs (except closet space, a relatively minor consideration). The linens and decor are pleasant and the bathrooms nicely finished. For travelers wishing larger rooms consider booking in the higher categories. Also, look for special offers through the hotel website, in particular, offers that include breakfast in the rate.

The location and rooms are very nice, but what made our stay special was the atmosphere of the hotel. The staff is uniformly excellent: friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. Every encounter we had with the staff was excellent. In fact, one day, returning in the afternoon from a long walk, I said to my wife that my only wish was that the hotel served afternoon coffee. We arrived at the hotel while minor work was being done in our room. The staff offered us coffee in the lobby. Just what we wanted at that moment! Our room had a few small problems which, in each instance, were addressed immediately and to our satisfaction. Also, the breakfasts are excellent, which made for a great start every day. I highly recommend the hotel, but alert fellow travelers to consider their space needs when booking a room. If they do so, they won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms, including those facing the front street seemed to be quiet. However, to ensure absolute q...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is located a block behind the Musee d'Orsay with a metro stop at the bottom of the street. The hotel is nice but the staff is wonderful. They could not have been more helpful, one evening we even ran into Karim, from the hotel front desk, in the metro station near the hotel while we were heading to the Eiffel Tower and although he was heading home from work, he helped us plan our route and made sure we connected to the next train. Awesome! Would definitely stay here again next time we come to Paris.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hotel d'Orsay - Paris? Share your experiences!