“If you have bad knees dont stay” 3 of 5 stars

Londres St-honore
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 rue St-Roch, 75001 Paris, France   |
Ranked #1,340 of 1,795 hotels in Paris
Newcastle, Australia
“If you have bad knees dont stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

travelled with 4 friends the location was good. Plenty of cafes around for breakfast etc.
On arrival our room was up 4 flights of spiral stairs which we had to carry our bags up our self. Yes there is an elevator but you were lucky to fit yourself and a bag in it.
The room was to accomodate 4 people. We asked for 4 single beds we got 2 single beds and 2 roll ups not good for adults. ( ok for kids ). The room was that small you couldnt move. Would I stay again only for a few days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Thornville, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The location of Londres St-honore, Paris, France cannot be beat, but the inaccessabilty of the rooms makes it a poor choice for anyone with mobility issues and especially young children. No matter how the available elevator is described, the truth is there is no option but to climb 15 steps to reach the lobby, another 6 steps to reach the elevator which stops "between floors" so even by taking it you still have 5 or 6 steps to reach your room. (Also beware that when you step out of the elevator, a portion of the floor you step onto has a curved section cut away to allow for the stairs.) The picturesque spriral staircase is steep and narrow with a very shaky handrail. The stone steps are carpeted, which disguises the fact that many of them are slightly slanted downward and thus have a forward pitch you may not be expecting. The rooms were adequate, the location wonderful, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Woodstock, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We cannot provide an adequate review of Londres St Honore because we didnt get to stay there. Despite showing them our booking confirmation, they simply said they were overbooked and the manager elected to move us down the street to their sister property, Hotel St Roch. I'll review that separately. Beware, are you really staying here? The lobby at least, looked much nicer at Londres St Honore than St. Roch. And I can tell you that although not helpful regarding explaining why we were moved, was much friendlier that the staff at St. Roch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Great location - two blocks from Louvre - but be warned, you might have to climb 5 flights of stairs. My room was on the top floor - very quiet but no view. Others in our party were on the second floor and they were disturbed every night by noise inside and outside the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Unlikely I would stay there again due to having to climb 5 flights of stairs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Me and my husband stayed 11 nights in this hotel.
At the second day about 600 euro was 'dissapeared' from the wallet of my husband from the closed safe-box in our room!!!
We informed local manager about this situation, but the reaction was: he trust his staff but he doesn't sure in us.
That was his only reaction and participation in our problem (problem of the hotel in fact).
We have made a complain at the police office and gave it to the director of the hotel.
The director's reaction was the same: 'I'm sure in my staff but I'm not sure in you', 'you will never get your money back'.
But he already mentioned that the safe box could be opened by responsible manager.
We reminded that the hotel is responsible for all money closed in the safe box.
Also we proposed to show the bills for the curency exchange and all our cost in Paris.
The director has not shown any interest in solving this problem!!

We were traveling all over the world and it was a first time we had such issue and see such attitude.
In the poorest countries of Asia we could forgot our money in any place of the room and nothing could happen.
And if any unpleasant situation would happen, management would do it's best to help the guests of the hotel.
Our advice: if you want have a good holidays in Paris, please stay away, find another hotel without thiefs, with more helpful and responsible staff!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Poolesville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Awful!!! I was so exhausted after my stay at this hotel. We tried to laugh about the room.The front desk was just outside our door. We were on the corner of the hotel lowest to the street. The traffic at the intersection just outside our windows kept us up late into the night. Our bedroom wall also shared with the dining room. We woke up early every morning to dishes and glassware being set onto the tables for the breakfast that was 14 euros a person. We couldn't afford that. All the piping form the hotel seem to culminate in our room so we heard all the flushing that went on in the hotel. Our room door vibrated with every movement that went on in the hall or above us. Did I mention the cot my adult daughter was given? It wouldn't stay in a flat position. When she sat on it, the head would jump up and when you pushed the head down the foot jumped up. When we tried to sit on the foot and push the head down, the middle jumped up. My daughter slept in a twin bed with me which was extremely hard and uncomfortable for one, much less two.. And let us not forget the 7 am wake up call one morning with the construction that went on just outside our window. (not the hotel's fault) I thought the dishes were loud in the dining room.The front end loader operator did wave to me and mouthed the words bon Jour when I looked out my window to see what on earth was making all the racket. When I got back in bed to describe to my husband the construction that was going on outside our window, he said at least there isn't a jack hammer. He spoke too soon. I laughed through my tears. Ok, all that could have been tolerable if the staff had been the least bit pleasant. Wow!!!One evening I took a burned out light bulb to the front desk to see if I could get a replacement so I could read the map for the next day. I was told, curtly, that the light bulbs were locked in a cabinet and he did not have a key.Another day, I hesitantly asked for a clean towel. It was 2 in the afternoon and our room had not been cleaned yet. That certainly did not bother me. I just thought maybe I could get a fresh towel so I could take a shower for the evening. Well, you had thought I had asked for a foot massage. I was told they do not give out extra towels, and the cleaning staff would get to my room when they were able. I did not need an extra towel. They could have just given us one less towel when they came to clean. We are not a demanding family and always try to be respectful and friendly but we could not win this staff over. Maybe another room would have been better. Maybe we just hit the hotel at a bad time. But I would not risk staying here. We found this hotel miserable..If we did not have to go back to our hotel at night, Paris would have been so much better. Sleeping on a Park bench was actually tempting. The good location did not make up for the lack of sleep and the very unhappy staff.

Room Tip: Stay as high up as you can.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed couple nights in this hotels, with kids. We had several changes and request on our booking, so everything was arranged very quickly. Small, rounded stairs added some charm for real parisian hotel, in other case everyone can take the elevator. We had Quadruple room, and there was still some space for luggage:), not mentioning bathroom - we got with bath, and what was really supper, cause it happened that it was raining almost all the time. Clean bathroom, shower gel, clean towels .. everything was in place... so great place .. excellent location - after kids are asleep, its easy to sneak extra hour for walk during the night:)

For breakfast - great place with fresh orange juice - Café RUC, 159 Rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris, France - 5 min from hotel

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Londres St-honore? Share your experiences!