“Ver nice stay in the city of lights...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lenox Montparnasse to your Saves list
Lenox Montparnasse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 rue Delambre, 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #189 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Oslo, Norway
“Ver nice stay in the city of lights...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had a very nice time in Paris, very much so due to the nice hotel at an affordable price we stayed in. We thought the area in which it was situated was very nice (Montparnasse) and a convenient starting point for all the sight-seeings...
We walked a bit around and for those longer streches we bought a 3-day card at the Metro in order not to bother about tickets all the time.
Very nice and welcoming staff at the hotel. Very accommodating and even offered an upgrade of the room. Some noice from the street during the weekend, but would like to know where you don't get that in Paris... Clean rooms, and very good standard! Would stay again!

1,373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Our room was very small, but immaculate. Several front desk staff were very helpful. Location is highly desirable. All facilities handy, but not in main tourist zone.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Based on the Trip Advisor reviews, I selected this hotel for a 6 night stay and I could not have been more pleased. A superb location with a very quiet room and many restaurants nearby. My upper floor room had a street view with a little veranda to go out and read. The metro was just down the street that took you anywhere you wanted to go in Paris to see the sights and museums. The English speaking, front desk staff were absolutely extraordinary and helpful. Truly a class operation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room with a street view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Sauble Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

After reading numerous reviews we chose the Lenox Montparnasse and were pleased with the choice. The location is excellent on a relatively quiet street and with soundproofing windows. There are many restaurants within 2 city blocks - creperies and seafood are predominant. There are several Metro stations close by - we walked to Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and Arc de Triomphe. Breakfast in the hotel is expensive (($12 for coffee and croissant) - there are several better choices among the numerous sidewalk cafe's in the neighbourhood - the further you get from a major intersection (such as Place Pablo Picasso) the better the food and beverage prices. The hotel has a well stocked "honesty bar" where you can relax after a long day of sight seeing.

Room Tip: Don't pay for a larger room.
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I very much enjoyed my stay. This was my first stay in Paris and I was nervous as I had booked this just based on info on the internet. It was extra important as it was a treat for my wife for her 40th birthday. I shouldn't have worried though, as it was a real pleasure to stay at this hotel. While we didn't use some of the facilities, like breakfast or honesty bar (mostly due to being out and about in Paris), I found the room had everything we needed, very clean and well laid out, and the staff were exceptional. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by the front desk and got a real feeling that they were keen to help us any way they could. They answered any query we had and helped us solve a number of issues we had including transport to the airport. The only issue I had with our stay was that the noise from the street was loud at times and a room to the rear of the hotel probably would have been better. Apart from that the Hotel was well situated with Metro stops at either end of the street. The local area had plenty of places to eat etc and ten minutes had you in the centre of Paris on the Metro. I would recomend the Hotel to anyone.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

The staff at this hotel are wonderful, helpful, and accomodating. The rooms, like most in Paris as I understand, are small but the bathrooms are decently sized. The carpets, linen, and drapery were all clean, rustic, and of good quality. The hotel has a charming, quiet ambience. The honesty bar concept is fun and relaxed. The location is fantastic, Montparnasse being a lively and diverse neighborhood, close to three metro stations, numerous restaurants, cafes, bars, a farmer's market on weekends, convenience stores and other retailers. The downsides to this hotel are the lack of air conditioning in off season periods, (we stayed the first week of April and the AC was not yet turned on, and unfortunately it was a bit warm), and noise level on the street as there is a bar across the way that seems to never close. I don't mind a bit of noise, (being originally from New York City), but screaming drunks and garbage trucks in the AM have an unfortunate way of inducing insomnia... I would stay again, but next time bring earplugs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Lenox Montparnasse for four nights in March. The room was definitely small, but comparable to most standard Paris hotel rooms. It proved to be more than adequate since we didn't spend all that much time in the room anyways. The bathroom was tiny, and the shower very, very tight, but we made it work. The hotel offered free Wi-Fi which was reliable and very useful for researching our destinations while we were in Paris.

The service from the staff was adequate. They were able to refer us to a nearby store where we could buy a power convertor and also suggested a few restaurants for us to try. My main concern with the hotel is their policy on returning the room key each time you leave. I understand the policy, however, when picking the key up, they should require ID, otherwise anyone could come in and pick a key up for any room. I never had an issue, however, it was always in the back of my mind every time I left the hotel.

In addition, I would not recommend the buffet breakfast offered by the hotel. We opted to eat it on the day we were leaving because it was convenient, however, it was expensive and the selection was poor. I just was not impressed by the meal.

The location is superb, just a few steps from the Vavin metro stop. The street has a couple of boulangeries (bakeries), as well as a charcuterie (butcher), a poissonerie (fish) and a small grocery store, which made it very easy to pick something up to eat quickly. At the intersection where the Vavin metro stop is located, there are numerous restaurants. I highly recommend Les Fondus de la Raclette down Boulevard Raspail just a little bit. If you've never had Raclette before, it is absolutely delicious.

We were given a room on the street side and while there were some noise issues, it was not nearly as bad to me as some reviewers say it is. Especially with the window closed, you could rarely hear any of the street noise, and we were only 3 floors up.

Overall, the hotel was fabulous and I would definitely stay there again. The location was very convenient to the Metro, which is all you need in Paris to get around. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lenox Montparnasse? Share your experiences!