“A Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Bangkok, Thailand
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Read a lot of reviews about Hotel Keppler for many years and decided to give it a try. Stayed there on the 4th of July weekend. The hotel is not too far from the main attractions, near Arc de Triomphe but too far for those who like to shop in St. Honore. The first impression of the lobby is it's like a very beautiful well decorated home, not a hotel lobby. There's the front/reception desk to the right and a living room area to the left. Luckily when we arrived there wasn't any customer at the front desk so we were checked-in right away. This is probably the only flaw for this hotel as there is only one person and one desk doing front/reception/concierge duty. So if there's a customer you will have to wait a bit.
I stayed on the 4th fl. in the 18sq.m room which is quite small but probably an average size room in France, but the room was so nicely decorated that you don't feel cramped. I love the black. white, yellow color scheme of the rooms it feels very homey. The amenities in the bathroom are of good quality, love the black slippers. The other thing I like is how they scent the beddings with wonderful relaxing scent it really helped me relax after a long day of walking. Will definitely go back to Hotel Keppler when in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hotel Keppler is truly Parisian perfection. This hotel was quaint yet beautiful, hidden yet centrally located, a charming boutique hotel yet full of amenities.

Upon our arrival, Vincent greeted us on the street and helped the cabbie with our luggage. We arrived an hour prior to check in and our room wasn't quite ready so Vincent offered us a beverage and then sat down with us in the lounge area and pulled out a map of Paris, asking us about our plans and if we needed directions, reservations or tickets. Vincent patiently answered our questions, wrote down the restaurants we requested that he make dinner reservations for us, printed our tickets to the Moulin Rouge and made taxi arrangements for that evening. Before we knew it, our room was ready and we were escorted upstairs.

We stayed in an executive room with a queen sized bed. It was lovely, large by Parisian standards and very well-maintained. The hotel was very quiet and had a wonderful old-world ambiance about it.

Overall, the stay was truly exceptional. I always look for accommodations that are not just a luxurious space to lay your head but also have a staff that help you plan your stay, alleviating any stress or anxiety surrounding your trip. This hotel and the staff certainly met and exceeded those expectations. It is one of the best hotels I've experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked this hotel for my partner's birthday. Paris can be difficult when it comes to choosing the right hotel. Was looking for a charming hotel hidden in a quiet street and central. Couldn't have chosen better. Lovely design with character and soul. The man at reception with the clef d'or Philippe was very helpful in helping choosing a good bistrot parisien and not the usual tourist trap. We did arrive early and he gave us access to the room straight away so that was kind. He was very patient at answering all our questions.

As I had mentioned it was my partner's birthday, they arranged a bottle of champagne complimentary which was really appreciated and made it the more special.

Our bedroom was small (but then it is Paris) however very well appointed and quirky design (207). Perfect for one romantic night. If you fancy staying longer, you might want to book a bigger size room if it's still in your budget as standard rooms really tend to be on the small side.

Breakfast buffet offers a good selection of pastries, cheese, hams, fruits etc. They offer cooked omelette if you wish. Try to get it included in the rate.

They have a small gym with very minimal equipment, sauna and hammam. Not their best selling point but it's there of you really need it.

Definitely recommend this hotel for a short romantic stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first leg of our honeymoon (5 nights) We stayed in the executive room which was a great size for a Paris hotel room. As mentioned, location was perfect as it was just a short walk to Champs-Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. It was probably about a 15-20 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. Hotel was extremely well kept with turn down service twice a day.

Simon, the bartender was wonderful. He was very attentive and polite and helped cater to our every need. The evening gentlemen (sorry did not catch his name) who worked at the concierge desk was our absolute favorite. He works 3PM-11PM from Tuesday-Saturday and was the greatest for helping us plan our next day itinerary and provide restaurant recommendations. He was very patient with us.

Two small little cons about staying here:
1) We stayed on the second floor and you could hear upstairs occupants walking about a little loud. Never too late in to the night and never to the point where we had to complain or couldn't sleep.
2) No hot water on the morning of our checkout! Woke up approx. 6:30AM and there was no hot water for a shower before leaving for the airport.

Regardless, I would love to stay here again the next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the first night of our honeymoon and my first ever time in Paris and it was just lovely!
Very chic and comfortable, the rooms are small but have everything you could need. Staff where very attentive and helpful.
Location is just perfect being a 2 minute walk to the Champs-Elysees and plenty of restaurants and cafes.
Would definitely stay here again when I next visit Paris.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've been to Paris three times in my life so far. This hotel is the best place I've stayed and it is beautiful. It is super duper clean. (I love that). Think black and white marble and elegance. The staff is very attentive. The bartender, Simon (spelling probably not correct) made our trip so special, he was so attentive and lovely. The rooms are small but pretty. My bed was so wonderfully comfortable that I actually said goodbye to it on the last day, so sorry to be parted from it! My room had thick curtains that blocked out any light so I didn't have to wake up with the sun. Chocolates on your pillow everynight with the next days weather forecast. My bathroom was gorgeous, the shower had great pressure and the hotel provided beautiful soaps, shampoos etc. The hotel is in a great location, very close to the arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees, both in walking distance. The neighborhood seemed very nice, we felt perfectly safe walking around. The staff couldn't have been more professional and helpful. Two tips, I would skip their breakfast, it's not a bad breakfast but it's pricey for what it is. We found a beautiful bakery a few blocks away called Josephine's bakery which was wonderful and a cheaper option. Also, if you are taking a cab, I would avoid having the hotel call one for you, it seems we were charged more from the taxis when we did this instead of walking the few blocks down to the Champs Elysees and catching them there. Metro is only a few blocks away as well, also a good option. Loved this hotel, loved location. Vive la France!

Room Tip: We were facing the inner courtyard which was pretty to look at and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in Paris in June. It is a small boutique hotel, very clean and elegant in its decor. The rooms, as in most of Paris hotels, are small but well appointed and extremely well-kept - there were 3 of us so no matter what the room was made smaller by the additional bed. However, the hotel was kind enough to upgrade us for a couple of nights when they had a larger suite available - so that made it easier (thank you!).

The breakfast, included, was excellent - wide selection of options, great service at breakfast too. The concierge/front desk people were very nice and helpful.

The location was good too, close to the metro station and within walking distance of most attractions.

Room Tip: If traveling with 3 or more people, the Executive room is the minimum size you should look at. Execu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Keppler? Share your experiences!