“Love.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keppler

You added Hotel Keppler to your Saves list
Hotel Keppler
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10, Rue Keppler | 16 Arr., 75 116 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #36 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Seattle, Washington
“Love.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Believe the hype about Hotel Keppler!! We stayed here for a portion of our honeymoon and it couldn't have been better. The location is unbelievable--on a quiet street just a very short walk from the Champs Elysees. Everyone at this hotel seemed eager to please and were very helpful with restaurant reservations, museum hours, and just great local tips. The rooms were, in my opinion, on the larger side for Paris. The space is of course small by American standards, but very well-appointed and laid out to avoid claustrophobia. I absolutely loved the design of both the rooms and lobby, which I would describe as high-end European eclectic. Definitely check out the breakfast (there is a surcharge) at least one morning. The breakfast room is beautiful and the spread is very impressive. I know others have mentioned Shyman in the lobby bar, but he's definitely worth calling out again. He sticks in your mind for a reason! Incredibly friendly and shows up as soon as you sit down with fairly over-the-top bar snacks and some of the best custom cocktails I've had.

Room Tip: Avoid the Classic (smallest) room types and instead opt for the Standard or Executive for more space...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eryan34

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Took my 12 year old son to Paris. Great hotel for that, especially as we were hardly spent any substantial time in the hotel. Staff are very helpful. Rooms are small but nicely decorated.
I would have liked a coffee machine in room or something similar for 4 star boutique, to feed my caffeine habit!
Overall we were happy.
If I was going with my husband I probably wouldn't stay here but good or family or with friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank minihane1
Petrovaradin, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked a Paris trip as a gift to my partner, who had never experienced Paris before, she has very high standards so I knew that I had to book somewhere impressive that would be to her taste. I came across Hotel Keppler because of it's superb location and thought a small friendly boutique hotel would be right up her street. Needless to say she adored it! The location is excellent! It's so near the Arc De Triomphe that it makes it almost impossible to get lost when you're strolling through the streets of Paris! The Hotel itself is only a short 10 minute stroll from the Avenue des Champs-Élysées full of great shops, cafe's and restaurants. The Hotel is amazingly decorated, the staff are amazingly helpful and friendly and the whole place is spotless head to toe...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank PublicNet
Palm Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

As most visitors to Paris know rooms in The City of Love are rather small. The rooms at the Hotel Keppler are slightly bigger than those throughout the city. The comfort and style of the rooms made my boyfriend and I feel quite like we were at home. The staff were some of the friendliest that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. The location was perfection, it is situated in a quiet neighborhood and is just blocks away from the Champs-Elysees . My favorite thing in the world is walking around the streets in Paris the energy is amazing, but if that is not for you there is a metro stop right round the corner from the hotel.
I will definitely book here for all future visits to Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MEG_003_PS
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Hotel is amazingly decorated, the staff are amazingly helpful and friendly and the whole place is spotless head to toe. They make use of the space that they have to work with amazingly well, especially in the bathroom. We had a beautiful room with a balcony view onto Rue de Kepler, and it was so quiet and peaceful considering it's great location. The breakfast is great and they have a lovely selection of fantastic food. Couldn't have picked a better Hotel and she's already made it clear that she definitely wants to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara S
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Why stay at those big names when gems like Hotel Keppler exist? Located just behind Champs Élysées and such a convenient home base from all the major attractions in Paris, it's a great stay for first timers to Paris and seasoned travelers alike.

We loved the cutely appointed rooms and the privacy the boutique hotel afforded us. Service was always warm and top notch. Bath amenities are from Hermes, and the interior is so charming you'll wonder why you even considered the big name hotel chains when in Paris.

I'm often wary of small boutiques, especially in some of these big cities, as their service standards and room interiors don't match what's advertised. Not so here. Book your rooms with confidence that your stay in Paris will be well sorted.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Yung O
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I really liked this hotel but I was somewhat surprised when we walked in. In the pictures on the website, it just looked so much bigger e.g. the lobby, the rooms, etc. The elevator said "8 personnes.". I don't think so. Being 6'2" and my wife 5'10", we felt like we had to be very careful moving around in the room and bathroom.

That said, after adjusting, I definitely recommend the hotel. Crisp service, extremely clean and orderly, and the location is excellent. It's on a quiet street very near the Arc de Triomphe, only a five minute walk from the hotel. And keep in mind - even though the hotel is pricey - other hotels in the neighborhood, including the George V, are getting around $1,200/night or more.

Our flight to Paris got us in at about 7am and when we got to the hotel, I expected "your room is not ready yet." Actually, that did happen but we only had to wait 15 minutes. The hotel is popular and busy, so I was expecting to wait. It was nice - after coming all that way - to get right into our room instead of having to wait until 3 or 4 pm or pay an early check-in charge.

The reservation promised a street-view. When we got to the room, it was a "courtyard" view. I didn't mind, or say anything, because the street-view wasn't anything special. Not to harp on it, but the room and bathroom was small, really small, "two people in the bathroom at a time isn't going to happen" small. But how beautifully appointed the room was! Not what I would do in my house, but artfully different while not being flamboyantly contemporary. The bed was comfy, providing a good night's sleep, which has been a problem in the past in Paris hotel for us.

As usual when we go to Paris, we took the train from the airport to the Gare du Nord and then a taxi. We used the hotel's town car service for the ride back to the airport. The hotel makes it very convenient to book transportation and other services via a "shopping cart" type set-up on their website and the prices are reasonable. If we stay in this area of Paris again, we'll certainly stay here and if we do, we'll probably use their transportation services from the airport also.

There is a metro stop at the Arc de Triomphe so access to all points Paris is only a five minute walk away. The breakfast at the hotel is absolutely wonderful - a huge selection and worth the money. (We booked the Amex Breakfast package, so in a sense, it came with the room.)

So, if you want to stay in the tony, uptown area of Paris in a luxury hotel at reasonable prices, tripadvisor's recommendation is spot on.

Couple more notes: The wi-fi was complimentary and worked well, but we had to constantly re-enter the rather long log-in code. The gave us a "seven day pass" instead of the daily pass that requires re-logging in but we had to do so with the seven day pass too. And if you want to work out on your stay, the work out room is just that - a very small room. No jumping jacks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple