“Above expectations !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“Above expectations !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed at the Keppler for 3 nights in November 2012. Having read the reviews on trip advisor, I decided it should be a good choice. But I was pleasantly surprised by the professionalism of the staff and the quality of the rooms. Everything is 5 star ! I presume the only reason it is a 4 star hotel is because they do not have a swimming pool and a restaurant. But apart from that every detail is taken in consideration, and the staff treats you like in most 5 star hotels. We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a executive room. The room was beautiful and large for parisian standards. We loved our stay there, will go back next time i'm in Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Spent two nights with my wife. Fantastic location - a stones throw from the Champs Elysee. We got an upgrade which is always nice. However, the front desk/concierge were particularly helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much for them.

Modern room - clean and quiet.

Breakfast was fine. As soon as you sit down you're presented with a basket of pastries.

Didn't check out the fitness area.

great neck n.y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A delightful small boutique hotel in Paris, walking distance to the Arc De Triomphe.Very friendly staff in this small but beautifully decorated hotel . The rooms are well appointed as are the bathrooms.Breakfast is in a really pretty room with a full array of choices. We stayed there with our daughter who was in a semester abroad term and it was perfect.There is great attention to detail both in the bedrooms and the common areas.I highly recommend it for those who do not want to pay the typically inflated prices of the larger 4 and 5 star hotels.The concierge was very helpful and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a great boutique hotel near the Champs Élysées. I would recommend this hotel for visitors to Paris. The decor is beautiful and it's so clean. The staff are professional and supportive. Loved my stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hotel Keppler in Paris. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the location quiet.

Room - We stayed in a mid-level room that was comfortable but very small. We were able to make good use of the closet that left room to move around. A few nits about the room. The hairdryer is attached to the wall and required a button to be held down to use it. This was a bit of pain to use each day. There was not water in the room other than to purchase, and the a/c was shut off due to the time of year so the room became a bit stuffy. We were able to open the window which gave a nice breeze to the room.

Breakfast - We chose a package that included breakfast. Service was very nice and the food selection good. The pastries were delicious!

The common areas of the hotel were well appointed, comfortable and a good place to relax.

The location for us was great. It's a 5 minute walk to the Arc, Champs Elysee, and the metro. We used the metro to get to the museums and other areas of Paris and it was quite easy to navigate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KepplerManager, Directeur général at Hotel Keppler, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris and for giving comments on TripAdvisor.
I just wanted to let you know that I also find really painful the hairdryer button, which is a new safety regulation. Now all the hairdryers have to have a button like that. I'm sure that men did come up with this idea since they never use the hairdryers :)
But in the other hand, we can surely leave the new hairdryers unplugged in the bathroom. This would help at least the drying.
Again thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kind regards
Rita Nouvel
Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed there with our two daughters during the last weekend of October. We had a suite with a connected double room. The suite was superb: large, with modern bathroom, three TVs (including one embedded in the bathroom mirror- not very useful in reality but fun to play with). It even had a little balcony (important for smokers) were you could sit and view the top of the Eifel tower,
The hotel staff were for sure the nicest and most polite French people I have ever met. My general view on the French is that they are completely unprofessional with regards to politeness to tourists. But these people in the Keppler were fantastic.
KEPPLER is located very close to the Arc de Triumph, so you can actually walk to anything (the Louvre is a little far away -25'- but a very nice walk to go to).
On the negatives I have to say that the breakfast area is underground and it too small- did not feel very comfortable. Variety in the buffet was not great (but I think you could order omelette or pancake if you wanted, which was included in the price). Another negative: the gym is also underground, very small, and the TVs on the equipment did not work (30' exercising watching the wall is not ideal).
Generally I would say I would definitely choose this hotel again next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor and of course for having stayed with us while in Paris.
I just wanted to let you know about the TV channels on our gym equipment that worked until not very long ago. Now in France all the TV channels nationwide are digital, when we opened the hotel 5 years ago, everything was analogical. Since this change all the channels that we had in the equipment no longer work. The company that provided us the machines will install the necessary cables to receive again the channels.
And while waiting for this, we added the big TV screen for your guests but I completely understand that it’s much nicer to watch equipment screen dicetly. Again thank you for your comments and I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Kind regards
Rita Nouvel
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Keppler is an exquisite, comfortable, luxurious gem. The lobby is tasteful, beautiful, welcoming with a couple of public rooms and a friendly little bar. The room size is generous, bed is comfortable, and amenities are plentiful. The breakfast is, simply, beyond compare: eggs of your choice, sausage, bacon, cheese, fresh fruit, cereals, pastry, rolls, juices, coffee, tea, even granola bars and such to stick into your bag for later. Breakfast was included in our rate. The staff is superb.

My only complaint is not really a complaint. After many trips to Pairs, my husband and I decided to stay on the Right Bank. We were not bothered by any noise and slept well. But we missed the shops and restaurants of the livelier Left Bank. The Keppler is in a purely residential area with few cafes or stores in the immediate vicinity. The Champs Elysees is very close, but that is not a plus for me.

If we chose the Right Bank again, we would choose The Keppler withouth question.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Keppler? Share your experiences!