“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Keppler

You added Hotel Keppler to your Saves list
Hotel Keppler
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10, Rue Keppler | 16 Arr., 75 116 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Ranked #23 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a great boutique hotel near the Champs Élysées. I would recommend this hotel for visitors to Paris. The decor is beautiful and it's so clean. The staff are professional and supportive. Loved my stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hotel Keppler in Paris. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the location quiet.

Room - We stayed in a mid-level room that was comfortable but very small. We were able to make good use of the closet that left room to move around. A few nits about the room. The hairdryer is attached to the wall and required a button to be held down to use it. This was a bit of pain to use each day. There was not water in the room other than to purchase, and the a/c was shut off due to the time of year so the room became a bit stuffy. We were able to open the window which gave a nice breeze to the room.

Breakfast - We chose a package that included breakfast. Service was very nice and the food selection good. The pastries were delicious!

The common areas of the hotel were well appointed, comfortable and a good place to relax.

The location for us was great. It's a 5 minute walk to the Arc, Champs Elysee, and the metro. We used the metro to get to the museums and other areas of Paris and it was quite easy to navigate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KepplerManager, Directeur général at Hotel Keppler, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your trip in Paris and for giving comments on TripAdvisor.
I just wanted to let you know that I also find really painful the hairdryer button, which is a new safety regulation. Now all the hairdryers have to have a button like that. I'm sure that men did come up with this idea since they never use the hairdryers :)
But in the other hand, we can surely leave the new hairdryers unplugged in the bathroom. This would help at least the drying.
Again thank you for sharing your experience and I wish you wonderful Thanksgiving!

Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed there with our two daughters during the last weekend of October. We had a suite with a connected double room. The suite was superb: large, with modern bathroom, three TVs (including one embedded in the bathroom mirror- not very useful in reality but fun to play with). It even had a little balcony (important for smokers) were you could sit and view the top of the Eifel tower,
The hotel staff were for sure the nicest and most polite French people I have ever met. My general view on the French is that they are completely unprofessional with regards to politeness to tourists. But these people in the Keppler were fantastic.
KEPPLER is located very close to the Arc de Triumph, so you can actually walk to anything (the Louvre is a little far away -25'- but a very nice walk to go to).
On the negatives I have to say that the breakfast area is underground and it too small- did not feel very comfortable. Variety in the buffet was not great (but I think you could order omelette or pancake if you wanted, which was included in the price). Another negative: the gym is also underground, very small, and the TVs on the equipment did not work (30' exercising watching the wall is not ideal).
Generally I would say I would definitely choose this hotel again next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor and of course for having stayed with us while in Paris.
I just wanted to let you know about the TV channels on our gym equipment that worked until not very long ago. Now in France all the TV channels nationwide are digital, when we opened the hotel 5 years ago, everything was analogical. Since this change all the channels that we had in the equipment no longer work. The company that provided us the machines will install the necessary cables to receive again the channels.
And while waiting for this, we added the big TV screen for your guests but I completely understand that it’s much nicer to watch equipment screen dicetly. Again thank you for your comments and I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Keppler is an exquisite, comfortable, luxurious gem. The lobby is tasteful, beautiful, welcoming with a couple of public rooms and a friendly little bar. The room size is generous, bed is comfortable, and amenities are plentiful. The breakfast is, simply, beyond compare: eggs of your choice, sausage, bacon, cheese, fresh fruit, cereals, pastry, rolls, juices, coffee, tea, even granola bars and such to stick into your bag for later. Breakfast was included in our rate. The staff is superb.

My only complaint is not really a complaint. After many trips to Pairs, my husband and I decided to stay on the Right Bank. We were not bothered by any noise and slept well. But we missed the shops and restaurants of the livelier Left Bank. The Keppler is in a purely residential area with few cafes or stores in the immediate vicinity. The Champs Elysees is very close, but that is not a plus for me.

If we chose the Right Bank again, we would choose The Keppler withouth question.

vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the Keppler for 7 nights in October. The hotel is very nice, well designed, good size rooms (we upgraded to a larger room), comfortable bed, nice bathroom, very clean, quiet, and has a sophisticated high end boutique touch.

The location is a good place for first timers to Paris who want to see all the sites. This was our 5th time in the city and although we enjoyed the hotel my only wish is that it was in an area with a more vibrant neighbourhood. But if this is your first trip, its excellent.

The bar was very relaxing after a day walking. The breakfast was superb in selection and quality but very very expensive!!! Be careful as we were charged close to 50Eu for breakfast each day- way, way too much even for Paris. I thought it was a mistake. I didn't even eat that much, I had a continental, croissant, espresso, which is half this price, and added a bowl of fruit and yogurt. They did not explain there was a difference in price to us and we merrily ate away like this all week- until we got the bill at the end -ouch!!, expensive bowl of fruit every morning! You are better off going to the bakery around the corner.

But please don't let this discourage you- I highly recommend this hotel- just be smarter than us and ask more questions :) !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for having stayed with us and for giving comments on TripAdvisor.
We are so sorry for the costs of your breakfast.
Our buffet breakfast is 22euros per person and continental is 14euros.
If you had your breakfast downstairs they must have billed you directly 22euros and you could eat as much as you like. And of course we understand that it's a bit pricy if you didn't eat much.
Please excuse us! If you come to stay with us another time, we'd be glad to make this up to you. Just don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

kind regards
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband chose this small boutique hotel based on reviews and it definitely lived up to our expectations. The Executive room was comfortable and clean -- the temperature control was very nice, the mattress and linens were luxurious. The bathroom had a TV built into the mirror. Housekeeping did a nice job with cleaning and turn down service. The staff were beyond accommodating -- possibly providing the best, most personalized service I have ever had in a hotel. They assisted with plans, and provided great recommendations for restaurants. Any request we made was met seamlessly -- every staff member was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was not included in the price of our room since we prepaid via Expedia. So my only complaint was that the breakfast was pricey -- one morning we each had a small croissant and espresso and it was 26 euro. But otherwise, the bar in the lobby is convenient for drinks and light snacks anytime of day. The street is very quiet -- the hotel is in a convenient location to the Arc de Triomphe and the adjacent metro station.

Room Tip: We had an executive room on the 4th floor with a view of the inside courtyard. A view of the exteri...
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor and for your stay in our hotel of course.
We sincerely apologize about the breakfast cost. We have the buffet breakfast at 22euros and the continental is 14euros. In the continental breakfast you have your choice of hot drink, cold drink and the basket with pastries, jams etc. Unfortunately you didn't eat all this and I completely understand that just a coffee and a croissant seems pricy. It would be our pleasure to make this up to you during your next trip. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
We all wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend (my husbands birthday and our first weekend away without our daughter) it could not have been better. The location is great, about 5 minute walk from champs élysées but on a side street so quiet too. The concierge were really helpful both while we were there as well as before our arrival in recommending restaurants etc. We had an executive room which over looked the reception. It was small but fine for the 2 of us and beautifully decorated. The window in the bathroom combined with the frosted glass on the bathroom door meant light came in the room but we sorted for second night with a series of well placed towels. The room had an iPod dock and chocolates with turn down. The bath was a bit small for a releasing soak but the shower is lovely. We had breakfast on second day and it was very nice. The cab from Gare de Nord was around €15. We had dinner at a classic French bistros on the first night called Chez Andre which was lovely and a 5 minute walk away. In the day we went to the musee d'orsay and queued for an hour (we got there about 11) even though the hotel had booked our tickets for us before we had left that morning. Then we followed the Trip advisor suggested walk around the Left Bank district (I down loaded the app) and we had French onion soup at cafe flor st germain de pres. In the evening for my husband's birthday we went to Pershing Hall only 5 mins walk from hotel. Wow it's expensive. €19 for a cocktail at the bar and we had dinner for 2 - Asian style, we had a shared tray of sushi, then had blackened cod and lamb for main course and a tray of mini desserts plus a bottle of wine and a bottle of water - this came to around €350. A very cool venue though.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Keppler? Share your experiences!