“Four days in Paris” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #923 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Burnaby, B.C.
“Four days in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was lucky to find Hotel du 7e Art. I was given the name by another hotel that was booked. It is a small, quaint hotel in the heart of Le Marais. Very handy to everything and within walking distance to some of the great sites and some lovely restaurants and cafes. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If one has challenges with stairs, this would not work, as there is no lift. My room was tiny, but perfect for my needs. Its a little noisy, being wooden, but it's Paris. I would not hesitate to stay again here and the cost was 75 euros a night (not all rooms), which is quite amazing in this amazing city.

Room Tip: There are family rooms and rooms with double bed. I stayed in a single which, for me was perfect...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

i stayed here for the second time recently and was appalled when they charged me €0,50 to print out my boarding pass - i realize paper and printer cartridges cost money, but so does toilet paper and tap water... it's the first time in my life that a hotel has ever done that - i realize that it's a trivial amount, but their reaction to my complaint was quite arrogant - so much for paris trying to make things user-friendlier for tourists... what was most galling was that i'd tipped the same employee an hour before that! in sum: the sort of place that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing...

Room Tip: ask for a room looking onto the courtyard - if you face onto rue saint-paul, you'll be awakened...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Firstly, the location of this hotel cannot be faulted - opposite St Paul Village and close to the Seine and surrounded by restaurants and cafes. The hotel was spotlessly clean but the room was a bit shabby and very dated in décor. And although it is themed on cinema (the 7th art) it wasn't faded glamour - just brown and a bit dull. Our main disappointment was the bar - the hotel blurb says it has a lively bistro and bar but we were the only people who seemed to want to have a drink in there. One night we were actually told that we would be better to go to a café as the drinks were cheaper and that we could take our drinks to our room if we wanted! We got the distinct impression that we were not wanted in the bar - presumably so the person on duty could continue using the computer without the inconvenient interruption of customers. Having said that, at 140 euros a night for a double room with bath and shower, the hotel is a bargain for the area - maybe not glamorous but half the price of most hotels in le Marais.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I will always come back!! The location is fantastic, a 2 minute walk from St. Paul metro stop and conveniently close to the Marais district and seine. So central.

As for the hotel itself, it is small but enough. And what place in Paris isn't small? It is charming, with old school american movie posters as its theme in the lobby and in the bedrooms. and the front desk staff always go out of their way to assist me with anything I need.

If there was perhaps one minor flaw is that the windows are not soundproofed and it can be quite noisy. Although we were on level 1 and in room 16 so I can't speak for other rooms. And by the second night we got used to it.

For the price, you can't go past this place!!

• Stayed October 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We traveled with family and stayed in the quadruple and triple rooms on the 4th floor (equivalent to 5th floor in US). There is no elevator because it is a historical building and they are not allowed to install one. This was not an inconvenience since we only returned to the hotel once during the day after sightseeing. Our quadruple room was spacious, with firm and comfortable beds (1 double and 2 singles), slanted ceilings, 2 nice windows, very clean, well maintained, with freshly laundered and clean-smelling linens, and a newly renovated and spotless bathroom. Best thing: A/C and ceiling fan! It was very hot and humid in Paris (we are from Texas and are used to the heat but the weather was stifling hot, buses and restaurants have no A/C so you can really feel the humidity and heat all day long). It was such a relief to come back to a cool room. This charming hotel, with a quirky decor, is in a very quiet street in the centrally-located area of Le Marais with many bus and subway connections nearby, nice restaurants and lively night scene. The staff was very courteous, friendly and helpful. We arrived early before our room was ready and left our luggage to go sightseeing. Upon our return, our luggage had been taken upstairs to our rooms. We would definitely come back and recommend to friends and families!

Room Tip: The quadruple and triple rooms on the 4th floor (5th floor- US) face an inner courtyard and are very...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited this hotel two years ago and just had to come back. Maybe I'm robbing myself of experiencing other hotels in the area, but they are just so amazing there. If you wish to be around the locals in a great Parisian neighborhood and around excellent food and people watching, this is your place. Here, you are close to everything.

I dealt with the same people as last time, and they were super friendly and helpful. Sadly I only know know the name of one gentleman there - Alejandro. He remembered me and was ever so helpful, yet again.

My room overlooked the neighborhood street where all the locals walked by throughout the day and night, a quality I simply love. One cannot ask for a better location as you are less than two blocks away from the Metro one way, and the opposite way, the Seine. Notre Dame is very near.

This time I was solo and took a smaller room. Two years ago my girlfriend accompanied me and our larger room was very sufficient.

After gallivanting all around Europe, I came back for a one night stay before heading back to London to catch a plane.

Of note...you may want to check that your room is not in vicinity of the stairs if you are a light sleeper.

I will certainly return, bring the girlfriend again, and have a ball.

Alejandro, I hope you see this. You and your co-workers are top notch.

Room Tip: Get a room non adjacent to the stairs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We are owners of a travel share and were supposed to have reservations at a 5star luxury hotel. I swear they gave them away, it was fishy. So we arrived in June in Paris my husband, myself & 2 teenagers with no reservations. A quick online check revealed that per night we were looking at 400-900 euro per night per room!! I found this jewel after many many calls. The staff on the phone were completely helpful! We stayed one night in two rooms, one night in one room and they were booked...they called around for us and when it became apparent no room elsewhere were available they let us know about a cancellation at the last minute. Again two rooms:-) they helped us with luggage up the 79 steps:-) thankfully we traveled light. Stored bags on the last day, called a cab for us to the station and couldn't have been more helpful. Over and above service.
Rooms were tiny but big enough. Bathrooms were sweet and little but big enough. Clean as a pin. Quiet. I couldn't have asked for a brighter light in our spot. Thanks guys for saving our trip!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel du 7e Art? Share your experiences!