The good points:
1. The staff at the reception were helpful and knowledgeable.
2. The breakfast was generous compared to most hotels in Paris, with a good variety and friendly service. There were oranges and a squeezer for fresh juice, and fresh bread and croissants, cereals, cheeses, hams and yogurt were freely available.
3. The hotel's location is very good, in the center of the Marais and near the Metro and many central bus routes.
However, there were some negative points that detracted from the stay:
1. Check-in time. The reservation page gives a check-in time of 2 p.m.; however, when we arrived at 2.30 p.m., we were told that the room was not ready and the check-in time as 3 p.m. In fact, we were asked to come back a few minutes after 3 p.m.. We returned at 3:30 p.m. and the room was indeed ready.
2. The room, number 12, was divided by a wall so the sleeping area felt cramped. The bathroom, however, was fine.
3. There was only one electrical socket and we had to ask for a multi-socket plug for our laptops.
4. There is no air conditioning: there was a small fan, which we had to balance on a chair as there was no stand.
5. On one occasion there was no cold water for an hour and a half.
6, Once we hung the sign to clean the room right after breakfast, but when we came back at 2 p.m. the room had not been cleaned and sign was still there. They offered to clean the room immediately, but we wanted to rest and were upset that the room had not been made up, so we declined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Place des Vosges, the Picasso Museum, the Georges Pompidou Center and from the Notre-Dame, you will enjoy a charming residence typical of the Marais area, which has managed to preserve its character.Each of its 7 suites and 22 rooms, uniquely decorated, invites you to an intimate stay. It resides in an old private hotel from the 17th Century and buried in the heart of Pari, where it is easy to get lost among the old facades and flowered interior gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel de la Bretonnerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De La Bretonnerie Paris
- De La Bretonnerie Hotel
- Hotel De La Bretonnerie Paris