“Wonderful hotel in great location - we will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #17 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
havona
“Wonderful hotel in great location - we will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Foch for 3 nights to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary at the end of August. We thought the hotel was fantastic all round – the room was well maintained with a comfortable bed and large bathroom. Guests are really well provided for, there are daily newspapers in 4 languages, the rooms have all the amenities you would expect - mini bar, hairdryer, aircon, free wireless internet, a kettle etc. The hotel really is very clean, and being that little bit further out of town in a residential area, we felt safe and it was very peaceful!

The staff are extremely helpful and personable. We were able to check into our room hours early, which was much appreciated as it meant we could freshen up after a very early start on the Eurostar! Chedi was so lovely – he had really good recommendations as to the best way to get to places, where to go when and where to eat. All his recommendations were excellent. One morning I went down to breakfast alone and despite him being very busy, he noticed my husband had not joined me and offered to prepare a breakfast tray for him, which I thought was just great.

All in all this is a really good choice for a reasonably priced hotel in Paris. Its close to metro stops on line 1 and 2 which mean its easy to get around and there is even a Velib bike station on Rue de Malakoff just around the corner, so if you chose to use the bike system you are able to ride home! We recommend this hotel highly to anyone who is thinking of visiting Paris and we will be returning ourselves.

We also did a bike tour with http://www.bikeabouttours.com/ which we really enjoyed – even if you are a frequent visitor in Paris it would be enjoyable as you get to see so much of the city. For a first time visitor like me it was wonderful! Give it a go! Also recommend the museum pass as it works out much cheaper than individual entries.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

We used the trip advisor to make our decision on this hotel.The reviews were 100% accurate. The hotel staff were extremely warm and exceptionally helpful.The bedroom was perfect with a lovely balcony.The area was quiet and safe with restaurants near by. A most enjoyable stay in an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2009
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and the service was by far the best I have ever experienced in any hotel. We arrived early in the morning, knowing it was too early to check in but just planning to drop off our bags. Most hotels would just have taken your bags and said to come back later. But here they pulled out the city maps and after first asking us what we wanted to do in Paris proceeded to draw together a very detailed and personalised agenda for our stay. the staff constructed their recommendations in such a way that we spent a minimum amount of time travelling to attractions and maximised our time at the actual sights.
For evening meals when we asked if there were any good restaurants in the area, we were again asked what our preferences were before they made recommendations. Once we'd decided ,the hotel made the reservations.
Each evening when we returned to the hotel, the staff aked how our day went and what we'd like to do tomorrow. If only some of the other establishmnets I've stayed in over the years had been as thoughtful.
The only area I was slightly disappointed with was the size of the room. But hey! this is Paris. And anyway we were doing so much, shopping, sightseeing and dining we were never in the room
So all-in-all an absolute gem of a hotel in a quiet area but within walking distance of some of the city's main attractions. And if you fancy giving your feet a rest the Metro and RER are only round the corner.
Highly recommended

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel.

I have been to Paris 4 times and this trip was a last minute decision. Picked Foch hotel after getting a fantastic rate and good reviews for the hotel from this site.

Standalone the hotel is great, we slept well, room was in keeping with the standard and service excellent. We never had the breakfast so can not comment on that.

For a first timer in Paris the hotel could be a good choice because the Metro and RER are close. It is easy to get to the main tourist sites of Paris and also Versailles. Arc de Triomphe is literally around the corner.

For me what missed the mark was the location around the hotel which is quite. I had seen most sites and this trip was more about absorbing the city atmosphere plus shopping. The area around the hotel is filled with diplomats and rich apartment blocks no nice hole in the wall restaurants, shops nor cosy bars. We spent alot of time travelling to other part of the city for that.

Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

The hotel is just few minutes walking from arc-de-triomphe.It is really close to metro station. You have easy accses to main place. I strongly recommend this hotel and I would also like to tell you the story I had;
In the 2nd day of my trip I lost my iphone. All day long I search every where I possibly could but I couldn`t find it. When I got top the hotel the staff told me that they found it in the garden;That is the story I want to tell because most of hotel stuff wouldn`t do so. They would just say couldnb`find it and would give a end to it but front desk director John Louie didn7t do so.Shortly I really recommend this hotel and especially John Louie and his collegues

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We absolutely loved this little hotel! I booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. The rooms are immaculate, the staff is was very attentive and kind. From the moment we arrived to helping us load our luggage into the taxi to head to the airport for our departure, they were there. Always pleasant and smiling. Anyone that says that the French are rude...our sorely mistaken. They were more friendly than many places I have been in the US.

Like other reviews, I would say that this was in a perfect location, still close to everything by metro, but away from the crowds. It's located on a quiet street in a residential area. We felt very safe walking around. Just around the corner from this hotel, you can find a small market and one of the best chocolate shops we came across. If you are thinkng of coming to Paris, I would recommend not renting a car, but taking the metro everywhere. There is limited parking and driving is intense. We were unsure of the metro and RER, having never used it before but found it so easy and fast and flexible. Also definately buy a museum pass! We did spend a day at EuroDisney and loved it! Not as big or grand as the parks in the states, but very fun! We are big Mickey fans and it was nice to break up the week with a little fun!

The only downside to this little gem is the beds. They are very firm. If you like that, than you'll rest well. Room number one, as previously mentioned, is right next to the kitchen, so I would definately recommend asking for a room that is off the main floor. I would find this bothersome as well.

The rooms are small and cozy, especially the ones for two, but the bathrooms are large for Europe. You're in Paris, things are going to be tight! :o) But have a good attitude and everything works out! I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone!

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

we stayed in this hotel for a romatic weekend in paris. We received a warm welcome and the hotel was relatively easy to get to. There are 2 metro lines within walking distance for us (a little too far for the elderly, especially in the paris sunshine). The welcome was warm and the staff were all very pleasant. The location was very quiet and in a really nice (and safe feeling) area of paris with lots of embassies. We were perfectly happy to walk around at night. We wandered down to the eiffle tower and al the way to notre dame (it's a pretty long walk). There isn't much close to the hotel so expect a little walk for dinner. The room we stayed in was one of the cleanest we have ever stayed which is a big plus for me. The only disappointment was the size of our room, when we arived we were told there were no more doubles so they had given us an extra large bed. This actually meant 2 singles pushed together (although there was a single sheet etc over the two). Anyway, if you don't mind not sleeping near your partner this is fine but for us it generally meant one of us was stuck in the dip - not very comfortable! The room was also pretty pokey - looking at the fire exit floor plan we had the smallest room on the floor (the other rooms are much larger so ask to move if you get a small one). There wasn't really much room to move around the bed and very little room for baggage (lucky we were only vsiting for the weekend and not as part of a tour of france or we would have been in trouble). We didnt have breakfast at the hotel, preferring to pick a cafe where we could people watch .

All in all nice clean and friendly hotel, we wouldn't usually stay in a 3* but it was cleaner and friendlier than most of the 4* hotels we have stayed in. For under £100 a nght in august at the weekend this place truly exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Residence Foch? Share your experiences!