“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Dunblane, United Kingdom
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived for our stay on Saturday 12 Oct. The hotel kindly kept our cases, as we arrived hours before check-in, and gave us recommendations for eating places in the locality. Our room was great and spacious enough for a family of four with a large bathroom. At all times everyone on reception were very helpful.

One tip if arriving by Air France "Les Cars", have a good street map to hand as although the drop off point is only minutes from the hotel we turned in the wrong direction! Once dropped off by the bus just keep walking in the direction the bus was going!

Port Maillot metro is only about a 5 minute walk away from the hotel and actually we walked to the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. The immediate area felt safe and was very peaceful for sleeping, but still had restaurants, beautiful bakers, supermarket and a cheese shop.

Thanks for an ejoyable stay and we look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your impressions following your stay eelier this month at Hotel Residence Foch this is sincerely appreciated and helpful.

We appreciate that your kind words and are delighted that you appreciated the location, room, service and posh neighborhood.

Thank you for your tip regarding the air France bus as indeed, the stop is very close but a guest can easily walk all around the round above and get lost. Am certain this tip will be appreciated by future guests.

We look forward to having you at Hotel Residence Foch on your next visit to Paris.

Sincerly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place is a gem!

Before we even arrived I was impressed by the attentiveness of this hotel, Isabelle and Natalie at reception were so helpful and prompt to reply to email requests/queries.

The pros are many:
- Reception area is bright and airy
- Our room on the 6th floor, while small (it is Paris after all!) was immaculate
- The balcony was wonderful, as was the view
- Free room wifi is a great plus!
- Great in room amenities incl. tea+coffee/safe/iron/mini-bar
- The street is quiet and v peaceful
- You're a ten minute walk from the Arc
- You're a short stroll from some nice cafes and bakeries

If you're arriving via bus from Beauvais Airport, the bus terminus is a five minute walk!

We'll definitely be back and recommending this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a balcony! You can see the tip of the Eiffel Tower from it if you're...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very grateful that you took the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us.

I am glade to read that you were pleased with the location, the room and especially the service as this is really to us the key point on how we are going to be different to other hotels.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for your next trip to Paris. Please do contact me directly to take care of your reservation.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Glad to find a "moderately" priced room for the duration a 2'500 participant event at the nearby Palais des Congrès, when I arrived at the hotel I had to rub my eyes and stated joyfully:
Professionally and styled reception area, little bar and breakfast room. Greeting and check-in most cordial and yet very professional.
Reception is eager to accomodate me despite my early arrival - when unable to do so the receptionist checked with housekeeping exactly when I could move in, took my suitcase and invited me to an arrival-day breakfast.
Got the only room on the top floor, accessible only by a small extra staircase - and was very pleased:
Spotlessly clean, totally quiet, little balcony with chair and table, spacious queen-size bed (easily accomodating two), very comfortable mattress, warm, yet light-weighing blanket, practical desk with sufficient amount of electrical outlets, free(!) WLAN with comfortable speed at all times. Could even be used simultaneously by all of my three gadgets.) - Only criticism I can think of: There could be better lighting for the desk.
Bathroom had high, small windows (hey, no need to watch the roofs of Paris while shaving ...), more bathroom space than many 4-star or even 5-star hotels. Shower space for simultaneous use by three (not tested), very modern, practical and including a "rainforest shower" at the ceiling.
In-room safe, walk-in closet with lots of space.
VERY quiet at all times. Window curtains keep room nearly totally dark.
Breakfast was French-continental, but sufficient and of top quality. Staff kind, helpful, multilingual, no-stress atmosphere everywhere.
Did I forget to mention the neighborhood: The 16th arrondissement is nice to begin with. Rue Marbeau is a quiet street not far from some green. German Embassy Consular Section and Comores Island Embassy are almost immediate neighbors.
Don't tell anyone so I can have a room next time I stay at Résidence Foch!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are quiet. Top rooms have a bit of a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your stay with us.

I know how desperately each guest want s their room to be ready upon arrival so having been in the same position I completely understand the feeling and am keen to do our best to provide whenever possible an early check in.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed the neighborhood; our service.and, that you liked your room that is soon going to be sold as the romantic suite.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next trip to Paris!

Kind regards
Bonita, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Loved the rooms, although the bedroom was quite small, the bathroom made up for it! Bathroom was extremely modern and clean, and the location of the hotel is excellent. The only downside was the pricey breakfast (not worth it for 14 euros), but a 3 min walk gets you to the corner "patisserie" where you can spend 8 euros (for two people) for "cafe au lait" and "pain au chocolat". Metro is relatively nearby (10 min walk) and overall a very safe neighborhood for two women traveling alone; would definitely return and recommend!

Room Tip: 15 min walk to champs-elysees, and 10 min walk to nearest metro stop (porte maillot)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We indeed are very lucky to have a good location in the heart of Paris but without the noise. The bathrooms are indeed often mentioned as for Paris standards they are I agree really big.

As for the price of the breakfast I regret that you found it expensive. But we have taken the part of having fresh items and our bread, croissants and pain au chocolate are provided by one of the best bakeries of the area. So unfortunately the price will not be going down.

We hope to welcome you back for your next trip to Paris.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Hotel Foch and found it an excellent value. The staff were very friendly and helpful even before we arrived by guiding us to tours and other sites to see. Breakfasts offered a good variety of food at a reasonable extra charge. The hotel is located on a quiet street (great for sleeping) and conveniently located near a Metro stop. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs Minichello,

Knowing the time you took and the struggle to finally have this wonderful review posted, how could I thank you?

Your review is definitely more efficient than all the word to mouth possibel so I sincerely thank you very much for your lovely words

The team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please do contact me directly for your next reservation in our beautiful city!

Asturias, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have just returned from a one night stay at the hotel with my 82 year old father who is blind and dear and my 24 year old daughter. Prior to arriving I had enormous help from Debora arranging a car for the weekend to take the stress out of travelling with my disabled father. Debora arranged a fantastic car which made the whole weekend perfect. The hotel was immaculately clean and the duty staff helpful and very kind towards my father. The rooms are small and I was disappointed that breakfast was not included in the very steep price! It was, however, a very busy weekend in Paris with the Arc de Triomphe and the price was probably understandable. A couple of tiny niggles - no tea making in my father's room and the huge shower head in our room did not work. The eating area for breakfast is tiny and caused a huge embarrassment on Sunday morning when certain guests had to eat breakfast in the reception area. We got there early enough to have a table but many didn't and either had to wait or eat in reception. This is not ideal considering the cost of the rooms. All in all though a lovely hotel where the staff make the difference.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor - no views and small rooms - but we had requested two rooms close to each...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Macpherson,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am glade that you were happy with the car I had arranged for you. The prices were high indeed because of Paris being very busy with the Arc de Triomphe and the perfect location of the hotel for that special race!

We indeed had removed in the morning the tea making facilities as there was a problem with it and were afraid that your dad would burn his self. Unfortunately, as it was over the week end we could not have it replaced but some hot water could have been sent to the room any time upon request. Please do not hesitate to ask for something that is missing as we are here to help and are happy to do so. For the shower, our technician came in on Monday and believe it or not everything was just fine no problems! I have no clue why and neither does he!

In regards to the breakfast room, I do agree that on certain days it can be quiet small this is why we arranged the lobby area as well and cozily as possible to have a small extend to the breakfast lounge This might be the price to pay for our beautiful architecture!

I hope to have the pleasure to meet you next time and hope we will be able to score five stars at your next trip!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary in Paris. We were fortunate to have found Hotel Residence Foch. The hotel is truly lovely. The Staff, particularly Debra, were always delightful, helpful, knowledgeable and ready to assist the guests in any way possible. Our room although small, was very well equipped and arranged and it boasted a small terrace. When we return to Paris we will reserve the suite which is larger and has a sitting area. The area in which the hotel is located is not directly in the center of Paris but is a very safe, upper class area and within walking distance of all the major attractions. I recommend this very nice, immaculate hotel to anyone seeking a pleasant stay in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RoseMarie,

I am very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely thank you for tour very nice review and the words you had for me. It was a real pleasure to get to meet you and your husband as, you really were my sunshine in the hotel; it is pleasant to see couples married for over 20 years who still have this magical bond and glitter in their eyes.

I hope to welcome you back for your next trip to this city you like so much and please do contact me directly for your next reservation, I would be delighted to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Been to Hotel Residence Foch? Share your experiences!