“WONDERFUL HOTEL IN A CONVENIENT LOVELY NEIGHBORHOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 1,793 hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“WONDERFUL HOTEL IN A CONVENIENT LOVELY NEIGHBORHOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary in Paris. We were fortunate to have found Hotel Residence Foch. The hotel is truly lovely. The Staff, particularly Debra, were always delightful, helpful, knowledgeable and ready to assist the guests in any way possible. Our room although small, was very well equipped and arranged and it boasted a small terrace. When we return to Paris we will reserve the suite which is larger and has a sitting area. The area in which the hotel is located is not directly in the center of Paris but is a very safe, upper class area and within walking distance of all the major attractions. I recommend this very nice, immaculate hotel to anyone seeking a pleasant stay in Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear RoseMarie,

I am very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely thank you for tour very nice review and the words you had for me. It was a real pleasure to get to meet you and your husband as, you really were my sunshine in the hotel; it is pleasant to see couples married for over 20 years who still have this magical bond and glitter in their eyes.

I hope to welcome you back for your next trip to this city you like so much and please do contact me directly for your next reservation, I would be delighted to assist you.

1,099 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a really small hotel, only about 28 rooms.

We booked a room appropriate for families, which contained 2 single beds and one Kind (which was two beds pushed together).

When I walked into our room I first noted the unusual set-up, you walk through a small and short room with two beds for children into the larger room for the adults. That said, the rooms worked very well.

The room has good air conditioning or as an alternative, you could open two windows in the room (which is a really nice treat for a hotel room).

The bathroom was great and there was a minifridge, which was great for storage.

The hotel does not have a restaurant but the staff was quick to recommend great nearby places to eat.

Although in a quiet area of town, the hotel is not too far from anything, be it walking, using the metro (subway), taxis or rental bikes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Paris!

We are delighted that you enjoyed the hotel, the location and its services and hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon and score five stars at your next visit!

Best Regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just returned from a girls weekend in Paris. The hotel is absolutely delightful. We we're offered coffee and water on arrival whilst the availability of our room was checked. It was ready for us at 12.15 which was a real bonus.
The room was exactly as described if not better. Spotless with lovely linen and pillows etc. Every amenity was provided. Iron, ironing board, lovely toiletries. Bathroom very well designed. The room is very well planned using every spare inch.
The staff were excellent and friendly.
Breakfast for 14 euros was perfect. Again no request too much and loads of choice from a well stocked buffet.
Location wise the hotel is a little further from the centre but only a 5 minute walk to the metro. It's in a quiet neighborhood and our windows opened onto the pretty typical Parisienne street.
Fab air conditioning too.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Our superior twin was room 14
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to write such a nice comment concerning your recent stay at Hotel Residence Foch.

The girls weekend are always such fun, am glade that for this very special moment, you choose our hotel and, am pleased to read that you enjoyed the quiet and central location, the room and that the early check in did make the difference.

Your comment made me laugh as, it is true that in Paris we master the art of using every spare inch!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for your next girls weekend to Paris or with your family as we have beautiful family rooms!

Kind Regards
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Residence Foch and everything was impeccable. The welcome is warm, the ladies at the front desk are organized, courteous and always helpful. The room is very clean and well equipped, decor is elegant. The location is fantastic : it is close to 2 line of metros, and bus to airport, is surrounded by restaurants, grocery store, bakery nearby and is within distance of the Champs-Elysees and Eiffel Tower. Despite all that, the neighborhood is quiet and conducive to rest. Overall, a very positive experience and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your nice review that recaps finally all our hallmarks: friendly professional service, cleanliness, easy central and quiet location.

We would be delighted to welcome you back

Gamagori, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

As a birthday gift to my mother and aunt I went about looking for a hotel in Paris for three nights. After hours and nights spent going over reviews, writing lists and comparing prices etc. I decided on Hotel Residence Foch. I booked online through their webpage and it was the start of a wonderful adventure for all of us.
Once the booking was confirmed I got in touch with the hotel about making sure the full payment would be taken from my credit card. The wonderful ladies at reception, Nathalie, Isabelle and Debora made sure everything was perfectly organised. There were numerous emails back and forth and the ladies were so great I kept thinking it would all blow up in my face.
It didn't and even though I have yet to set foot in the hotel I can personally pledge that the service levels are of the highest order. To be honest you couldn't buy service like this, the ladies are the best. I've stayed in all kinds of hotels all over the place all over the world and I have never experienced such service, kindness and reassurance.
My mother and aunt are well able to look after themselves but I wanted them in a quiet safe part of Paris and that's what they got. I have a feeling they even got an upgrade which they were thanking me for but I still only paid the basic rates for a twin room.
Since I wasn't able to contact my Mum during her stay the lovely Debora at reception let me know when they had checked in and checked out. I also got copies via email of the receipts.
All and all a very wonderful experience and like I said I haven't been inside yet.
There is no doubt though that I will be visiting the hotel in the future.
As for the hotel and rooms, my Mum and Aunt had such a great stay and had so much praise for the hotel and staff that they are insisting on writing their own reviews.
There is a reason this hotel is so high on Tripadvisor ranking and it's all down to the staff if you ask me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Toyama,

I thank you for taking the time to put in such a nice review on Tripadvisor.

It was a real pleasure to have your mother and your aunt at our property always very positive, energetic and always laughing!

We know that being away from home families and even our guest need to feel reassured and safe and it is certainly important for us to do our best to have them feel safe home away from home.

I would be glad to get to meet you after all the nice words your mother and aunt had. Please do contact me directly when planning your next trip to Europe if you pass by Paris!

Lodz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Nice boutique hotel located in a very quiet area. In the close neighbourhood of number of embassies. Far away from Paris nightlife, restaurants and cafe.
Rooms are pretty small as in most of Paris hotels but fully equipped. I was amazed with pretty large bathroom that was really very sterile !

I can recommend this hotel to everyone that does not like splendor of Paris life at his window view. The hotel is located close to metro station, 5 mins walk and close to Arc de Triomphe, 10mins walk.

The only thing I found a bit irritating was number of times I was asked to make a comment on tripadvisor. Otherwise there was nothing I could complain about.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for keeping up your word and taking the time to share your recent trip to Hotel Residence Foch with us on Tripadvisor.

I am glade that you enjoyed our location and the fact that being centrally located, we still are lucky to be in a quiet street, this certainly is luxury in a big city!

I do apologize that you felt irritated by the number of times we mentioned Tripadvisor but, as we all work by shifts, I believe that everyone must have mentioned it as, before closing the hotel for renovation we were very well positioned and are all desperately aiming to get back to our former position!

Tripadvisor is certainly an important tool for travelers as they can have different points of view to help them choose but, it is also a working tool for us so, I believe that taking the time to explain to our guest how this tool works for us is important. Unfortunately, the explanations might not have been done correctly to my disappointment as, a four star rating is for us a huge frustration as the ranking will go down for us.

I thank you for your stay at our property and am glade that you enjoyed overall your stay at our boutique hotel and sincerely hope that for your next trip o Paris we will be lucky enough to be rated five stars!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here for a whirlwind weened in Paris. Booked due to the price ant trip advisor reviews! Amazing safe neighborhood location we loved it! Very clean, big room by European standards with lovely windows that actually opened to a neighborhood courtyard. I will recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris! Excellent advice from the staff and help getting us a last minute reservation at an excellent restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at Hotel Residence Foch with us on Tripadvisor, this is very much appreciated.

I am glade that you enjoyed the classy neighborhood and liked our nice location! Thank you for pointing out that our rooms are big compared to European standards with windows that open!

I thank you on behalf of the entire staff for the kind words you had for them and hope to welcome you back for your next trip to Paris!

Kind Regards,

Been to Hotel Residence Foch? Share your experiences!