“Great price MASSIVE bathroom!!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great price MASSIVE bathroom!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed in Residence Foch for a night out In Paris after a long weekend in the South of France. Chose this hotel as it was close to Porte Maillot where we get the bus to Beauvais for our flight home, and seemed very reasonable at 80euros as previously stayed at Concorde la Fayette for 120 euros. Hotel was very easy to find from Argentine metro station (the hotel is actually right in the middle of Argentine, Porte Maillot and Porte Dauphine) we basically crossed the road and walked down Rue Pergolese for a few minutes and we arrived. Lady at reception was very nice and friendly although I can't really comment of what she spoke about as my bf is French so the conversation was in French too. Walked up 3 flights of stairs as the lift only really had room for 1 person and case and entered our room. Having previously stayed in many hotels in Paris I was expecting a small room but it was big enough for our stop over, having a bed with cupboard, desk and television and a small table with kettle and tea/coffee facilities. We switched on tv, took out our change of clothes and shower stuff, plugged in my ipad (did I mention you get free wifi?) and opened the bathroom door only to be amazed a the size of it! The bathroom was the same width as the bedroom with a spacious bath and shower, and a sink area with space to put all of my hair/make up stuff which I have to say is a lot!! All this and a late check out time of 12 pm (in the UK it's usually 10am) which came in handy after our fun night with friends in Paris, what more could you ask for at only 80 euros? All in all a lovely little hotel, great value for money and nice friendly staff, definitely on my list for our next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your taking the time to share your experience.

I am glad to know that we will be on your list for your next visit. It is true that the price to pay in Paris for our beautiful buildings is the lack of space compared to Asia or the US or even other cities in Europe. So, I do appreciate you took the time to point out that for a three star boutique hotel our rooms were big compared to Parisian standards.

We in fact could have been a four star hotel when it comes to the service or the room size. But as there are enough of these type of hotels in the area we decided that we better be an excellent 3 star cozy hotel where our guest could fell home away from home.

My staff and myself would be glade to welcome you back at our property and our beautiful city.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Minsk, Belarus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked this hotel to spend one night in Paris. It was the cheapest available hotel close to Porte Maillot - station for shuttle to Bouvet airport. Hotel is situated in beautiful building with small but pretty rooms.
The worse things in the hotel: fungus on the walls, a bit far away from the Metro, price (may be 90 Eur/night is Ok for Paris, but the same hotel in Barcelona costs us 40 Eur)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you liked the hotel and found it very good. I do understand that after Spain, France seems expensive as this is truly the case for hotels, food, rent….we unfortunately cannot compare these 2 very different cities in terms of hotel or price either. Being in the residential chic area of Paris, the rate of 90€ is believe me, low-priced.

Rates can very easily depending on the fairs we will be having in Paris, the shows, the demand so rates can go up to 375€ easily.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had a nice experience in Residence hotel. Most helpful is the location (8 minutes walk to the metro station), staff tried to be friendly giving brochures with a lot information, room was clean and comfortable.Definetely worth to recommend to a friend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us.

I am happy you found our hotel lovely and glade to know that you would recommend us to friends and family.

Please do not hesitate to tell them to contact us directly letting us know that they are coming through your recommendation.

My staff and myself would be glade to welcome them at our property and our beautiful city.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was a nice little hotel in Paris. I went with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway and had a great time. The rooms were pleasant. The staff were very helpful and recommended some nice places to visit during the day and some 'romantic' type restaurants for my girlfriend and I.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am happy you had a romantic time in our very romantic city. I am glad to know that the hotel and the staff somehow took part in this special moment spent in Paris.

My staff and myself look forward to welcoming you back at our property and our beautiful city.

Liege, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was the first time I came back to Hotel Residence Foch since their renewed it (last year). They kept the essential element : the kindness of he staff and their wilingness to assist (which can be a challenge in Paris)
I always have to smile when first time customers are surprised when they come down for the breakfast and got a warm and friendly "Good morning" from the reception desk.
I tried several other hotels well noted and recommended in TripAdvisor in the area during their closure time due to WIP but I came back to the Foch as soon as I fund out they were open again.
On the improvements side : thermic isolation (windows, entrance door, the breakfast area..), obviouly the renewal of the decoration and the painting job (the bar and the breakfast area), the television (no complex procedure to get it on anymore) and the quaity of the fee WiFi.
If I have critics, it is about things which are difficult to predict like noisy (very) neighbour getting back at 01h00 AM and shouting in the corridors or technical failures like a faulty light (that was replaced the next day... (if nobody tells them, they woud not know).

All in all, near to perfection as far I am concerned for the price and in this city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your loyalty and am glade that you like the place renewed and noted the improvements that were done.

We did take into account the critics that were done and indeed did keep our best that does make our reputations, the fantastic staff and the family atmosphere that we try to give to this beautifully renewed hotel.

I do apologies for the noise guest can sometimes make, please do not hesitate to contact reception at any time so that we can ask them to be more attentive to their neighbors!

I look forward to welcoming you back and would be glade to share a drink with you at our bar if you have some time at your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next reservation.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

It was one of the best boutique hotel I've stayed around the world. Situated in a quiet but safe residential neighbour, Residence Foch brings you away from the bustling scene of Paris after a day of sightseeing. From the wonderfully decorated interior, excellent housekeeping services to the excellent service from the staff team, this is our go-to hotel for our next visits to Paris for sure! Special thanks to the staff team who very kindly upgraded our room to a very lovely room for our anniversay celebration in Paris! Stayed: January 2013

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the time you took to share the experience you had at our boutique hotel.

I cordially thank you for the very kind words you have for our staff, our property and hope to welcome you back for your next stay in Paris.

Please do contact me directly for your reservation as I would like to thank you directly for the pleasant words you have put on.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is a lovely hotel nessled down a quiet street. It's only a 10 minute walk from Ponte Dauphine metro station. The location is also good for sight seeing and seeing Paris. The room was small but well presented and with everything you could need including free wifi which is a major plus. The staff were friendly and helped in suggesting somewhere to eat for dinner. The breakfast is plentiful with fresh fruit. Would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Paris.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your very positive feedback and am glad you appreciated the hotel location that is indeed very convenient as located in a residential area very quiet, and with metro line 1 and 2 all the touristic areas are served directly and easily

We look forward to welcoming you back in our boutique hotel.

Kind Regards,

Been to Hotel Residence Foch? Share your experiences!