“Junior suite all the way” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London
“Junior suite all the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We booked four nights at the Hotel Residence Foch for early January. We stayed in two double rooms initially as there were no suites/family rooms available and then switched for our second night. Wowee! Having a large bedroom and a separate bedroom for the kids (each with it's own TV and a proper door to separate the two) meant bedtime was a doddle. The enormous bathroom with twin sinks and a shower head the size of a large dinner plate was also useful. It's great being able to open a window in the bathroom to let out steam.

The continental buffet breakfasts were fine as we had a New Year package which meant they were included in the cost - though there are lots of local restaurants nearby, a deli/boulangerie a few minutes walk away and two supermarkets nearby. The nearest Metro stations are within a 7 minute walk and get you across town (eg to The Marais) in around 20 minutes.

The bed was super comfy and we bought HDMI cables for our laptop to allow us to watch DVDs on the hotel's flatscreen TV. The mini fridge is well stocked but there's enough room to store any groceries you may pick up.

Everyone who works at the Foch is super lovely - no matter what time of the day or night, they are happy to help, extremely polite and always full of smiles. The neighbourhood is quiet compared to other parts of Paris, but very handy for the Arc du Triomphe, Champs d'Elysee & Eiffel Tower (walking distance, or a short Metro trip).

Paris is January is terrific - a lot less crowded than other times of the year, and no colder than London. We went up the Eiffel Tower for €16 (family of 4) and didn't have to queue. Also recommend the Museum of Magic in The Marais for kids aged 7+.

Room Tip: Room 10 means only one flight of stairs to negotiate!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Forler D, Directeur général at Hotel Residence Foch, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Paris is indeed very enjoyable in January as not as crowded as it can become from April to October! I am happy you enjoyed our family room , appreciated the staff and the hotel.

I hope to welcome you and your family back for your next visit to Paris.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend break here at the Hotel Residence Foch. It is very well located if you are interested in the main tourist sites (within walking distance of the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre etc) and is nestled away in a safe and quintessentially Parisian street off the affluent Avenue Foch.

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The room that we stayed in (number 3, I think) was comfortable, clean and stylish.

Overall, and compared to the many over-priced hotels in Paris, this one was good value. Breakfast, at 14 euros, seemed expensive, but there was a nice little bakery/patisserie around the corner which served us well (it even came kitted out with authentic grumpy french men and women).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for the time you took to put in a very positive feedback on tripadvisor and glade that we were not associated to the “authentic grumpy French” but to the authentic opposite as French can also be!

I look forward to welcoming you back and hope to be able to have a drink with you at the bar of the hotel at your next stay with us!!

Please do contact me directly for your next reservation.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wonderful experience! Lovely, clean small hotel. All staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again. Location is a bit far from the major attractions but the metro stations are within a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

On behalf of my staff, I thank you for your very kind words you had for them. The hotel is located in the very chic residential 1-th district of Paris but with metro line 1 and 2 you get to all the touristic areas very easily and both metro stations are a 5 minute walk.

I thank you for staying with us and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hotel Residence Foch was a brilliant hotel in a great location, the staff were friendly and you couldn't want more for a weekend excursion away. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends especially for the price - would have been happy to pay much more!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

I warmly thank you for your very positive feedback. It is the first time a guest tells us that he would have been glade to pay more, this is for sure on of the most positive comment we could get.

Paris being Paris, rates d change significantly depending on the fairs and the demand but we are much attached to give the best rate possible to our guest as we want them to come back.

Please contact me directly for your next reservation as I would like to be able to thank you with a kind gesture that would show how positively we felt about your feedback.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, last December, as our first stop, family trip to Paris and several cities in Europe and UK. We booked family room w/o breakfast, but due to some reasons the room was not available and they offered 1 superior and 1 standard room. We accepted it. We arrived early, the room were not ready. We decided to go out to understand the neighborhood, and grab the breakfast outside.

The hotel was located in the quite neighborhood, in the middle of residential quarter surrounded by splendid Haussmannian buildings atmosphere, close to Arch de Triomphe, short walk to Avenue de La Grande Armed, which many cafes and restauranta, and also Care Four Express was near. It was very convenience for us to buy milk, and groceries for kids. However the station was not close, it took 15 minutes walk to the Porte Maillot, and the Palais des Congrès, but the walk was not that bad with good neighborhood view.

The rooms were clean chic, with good bathrooms. The offered us a free breakfast and we enjoyed it so much, it was a good french breakfast, Our kids love the breakfast and ambient.

Special mention to Isabelle, Nathalie, Moussa, Karim & Damien, who work with their heart. We definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose with room facing rue Marbeau to experiencing feeling of splendid Haussmannian buildings atmos...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a feedback. We can really feel through your words that you liked Paris and felt like a true Parisian living in the chic residential district for a couple of days.
This feeling of being at home is exactly what we want for our guest. The staff and myself warmly thank you for your feedback and the very kind words you had for the all.

Best Regards
Avon, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I wrote a review of my stay here in June that has apparently disappeared...went to add photos that I found on my camera and saw that the review is gone!!!! Dunno why, it was glowing.

The hotel has recently been renovated (not enough pictures on the sight from users with the new look...if you stayed here in 2010 or earlier, its a different...far better...hotel) and is spotless. Service was very, very good (as in the past) and I commended the young guy at the front desk on the weekend...between my limited French and his limited English, we got the job done, lol...and he lent me his own umbrella so I could take my unprepared self off to dinner without getting soaked (in the meantime, he went off shift and went home without his umbrella).

Location is a little bit of a hike from Port Maillot or Argentine metro stops, but manageable if you've only one bag to roll around.

Room was snug, but very nice. Bathroom was really nice. I'd recommend this place in a hearbeat though it is quite a bit removed from heart of things in Paris.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for coming back at our boutique hotel. The comment you put wrote after your stay in June does not appear as the hotel closed for 4 months due to refurbishment.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with some pictures

I am glad you liked the new atmosphere given to the property, found the hotel spotless and the staff helpful.

I want guest to feel home far away from home and am glade that residence Foch becomes their home in Paris as the staff and the design was all done in this sense.

My staff and I look forward to welcoming you back and remain at your entire disposal far your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be glade to share a drink with you at our bar.

Best Regards
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights. It is the very center of Paris, with a lot of cafes and stops of public bicycles around. We payed about 120 euro per night and it included the kettle with tea and iron in the room. Generally, we liked this, but the room was a bit small so I would not recommend this hotel for a long stay. As a place for sleeping, it is perfect! The room cleaning could be a bit better. We also didn't try breakfast preferring to have the one in the surrounding cafes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Residence Foch? Share your experiences!