“Decent hotel. Needs proper wifi connection and British TV” 3 of 5 stars

You added Eurostars Panorama Hotel to your Saves list
Eurostars Panorama Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9, rue des Messageries, 75010 Paris, France   |
Ranked #725 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Decent hotel. Needs proper wifi connection and British TV”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Hotel is only a 10 minute walk from Gare du Nord which is handy.

Hotel is in a decent area and is contemporary inside and clean. Staff are friendly and professional.

Bathroom was stylish as was the bedroom.

My only major grip is the wifi connection was a joke during our stay and we could not connect. The management were informed. Their must have been an issue with the TV antenna as well as the channels were blinking.

In general however it is a decent hotel.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First impressions - Nice looking hotel, easy to find however we had to wait 30 mins to check in as our room was not ready even though check out time is 12:00 and check in time is 14:00.

Hotel location - Reasonable and out of the way from all the hassle and bustle. Located on a quiet street in what I would describe as a restaurant district so plenty of places to eat out with a lovely local Italian. 2 mins to the closest metro station with a short, cheap and easy to navigate journey to most of the main attractions of Paris. 5-10 mins from Opera which is where we wanted to be close to. 10 min walk from Gare du Nord (Eurostar).

Our hotel room - Very basic but has most of what you need for a short and sweet break but these are the things I thought it lacked; Wardrobe is open with no draw space only hanging space. No coat hooks. No space to iron (however an iron was provided by the front desk). Basic French channels, no satellite tv or English channels. The en suite which consisted of a shower, sink and toilet is a whole separate issue which I have commented below but in addition we found the shower leaked into the bedroom. No kettle/tea/coffee. However on a positive; the views from the hotel room were ok. No balcony area but the doors opened right up.

Our bathroom - I would only recommended staying here if you are brave enough to allow whoever you are staying with to practically hear and see you poop!! The toilet door/bathroom is no more than a frosted shower screen which does not fully close. Very embarrassing and off putting!

Staff - Very friendly and helpful.

Room service - On the last day we decided to order breakfast to our room using a door tag provided with a 'do not disturb' tag. We had ticked our choice and selected the time we would like to receive our breakfast and hung it out as advised before 3am (10pm) and it was still there the next morning!! This was disappointing and annoying however we decided to just let them know at reception ordering what we wanted there. We then received our breakfast nearly an hour later than we originally wanted and there was no milk for the cereal and tea. It was pretty average considering the price and although they were apologetic for the fact that no one had collected our tag we received no discount either!! The room service menu/mini bar prices are quite expensive full stop so I recommend buying some drinks/snacks from the local supermarket down the road and stocking the fridge up yourself ;)

BEWARE - Upon checking out we were hit with surprise 'city taxes'. I've since read this is normal but we were not made aware of this throughout the booking or during check in and this is a few Euros per day bumping your costs up for longer stays!

Overall our stay was fairly pleasant but I was not really a fan of Paris as it's quite dirty with beggars and rough sleepers on every corner. The weather was also cold and raining during our stay. I would recommend hotels within opera itself or close to the arc de triomphe for more class. If I ever visit Paris again. I probably won't use this hotel again but I would recommend it to people on a budget as I received a good deal for the hotel and Eurostar for 4 nights through Lastminute.com :)

Stayed November 2014
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

I stayed here for a night on a work trip to Paris. I picked it mostly for its location (it's two minutes from a metro stop and ten minutes from Gare Du Nord/RER) and I really enjoyed it. The rooms are spacious (for Paris), clean, well laid out and, at least for me, very quiet. The shower door is, like others have said, a little weird but it didn't bother me too much. The free wifi just worked and worked well. Breakfast was about what you'd expect, I had no complaints but it was very sparse, in line with continental breakfasts.

Overall, I'll definitely be going back, even for personal trips.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Good location, near to the metro and only a 30 minute walk from some of the main attractions. Rooms a little small (but not a problem on a city break when you're out all day), but clean and pleasant. Lots of complaints on here about the bathroom, I'm not really sure why, took me a minute to figure out the shower door but it wasn't really an issue! However there is no real door between bathroom and room just a sliding panel which might not suit some people. We booked a double room and what we got was two single beds pushed together which was disappointing. I would say that the walls are quite thin and as a light sleeper I did have some trouble sleeping, particularly as the bins were collected from the street at night. Beds were okay comfort wise, quite firm. Didn't have the breakfast, there are lots of cafés in the surrounding area. Overall a nice place to stay and happy with the service provided.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Riga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Very helpful stuff. Location near to Gare du Nord and metro station around the corner. Rich breakfast including bacon and omelette. Very helpful stuff. Printed boarding pass for me. TV with international channels - english, spanish, arabic, german. Weird construction bathroom, but if you are travelling solo, it's not a problem. Everything in the room was of good quality. Could choose this hotel for the next jorney for sure.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I have read the reviews here before booking the hotel, and I dismissed the fact that the bathroom door cannot be fully closed as a problem for me. And it turned out to be really the highlight of my stay. You get really amazed by how designers thought this would be perfect for a very small bathroom. I hope they will just be taken out. My horror scenario: my partner would use much force and end up destroying it, and the hotel will charge us for this highly dangerous and difficult to manage door. How many have hurt themselves through this door? I almost hurt my hand...
The room itself is small and carpeted, but given a short stay in a quiet street near Gare du Nord, it was tolerable. Breakfast was included in the bill, and it was just okay. They served fruits (pineapples, etc.) with the usual stuff.
Amenities: safe, a place to hang your clothes (not a cabinet; it's an open wardrobe), free wifi for as many gadgets

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and were impressed. Very close to the station, and a supermarket/restaurants nearby as well as being walking distance to most places worth a visit. Room was lovely and clean - we had a balcony overlooking the pretty rooftops which was nice too. The bathroom was a little odd - very small and awkward trying open the shower door due to such a small space - leaked water too so very puddly floor each time we showered. The frosted glass and close proximity of the loo to the bed might make it a bit cringey if you were staying with friends or a new partner!!

Friendl, helpful staff though and we mentioned it was our honeymoon when we booked and they left some chocolate in the room as a gift!

Would certainly stay again next time we go back to Paris.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eurostars Panorama Hotel? Share your experiences!