When coming to the Opera Batignolles expect a few things.
1. No restaurant nearby gets the equilibrium of affordability and quality right. There either incredibly expensive, for ok food or a tad scruffy looking with reasonable prices.
2. Your going to need to pack your walking shoes. Me and my Girlfriend love nothing better than strolling around metropolis' as much as any other young couple but this place is around 45 minutes walk from the Champs-Elysees. Around a half hour walk to the bottom of the Rue De Rome (Which the hotel is situated on) about 45 minutes to the Galeries Lafayette (Great Shopping centre) easily an hour to the Eiffel Tower. It is advised that you use the Metro system whenever you can unless you feel up for alot of exhausting walks, down Rue's that are very iffy once it is night time.
3. Sleep in. Don't bother with the breakfast, its a nice gesture by the hotel to include it into the price of the room but its really poor. Often just one girl, slowly ambles around the cramped little after-thought of a breakfast room tidying dirty tables and refilling the buffet.
But its not at all bad. DONT get this review wrong the place is perfect for mini-breaks, its just in the wrong location. If this had been just off the Champs-elysees or another famous landmark it would be perfect. The rooms are a complete delight. They are decorated perfectly stylish enough, modern, and kept very well. They are immaculatly clean on arrival and the cleaning team do a great job. The beds are very comfy and do nothing to hinder the romantic atmosphere that pervades Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the 17th arrondissement of Paris, in the centre of Batignolles, close to Opera District the BEST WESTERN Opera Batignolles 4* located at 165 rue de Rome is within a 10-minute walk of several Paris metro lines, providing direct access to many celebrated monuments and Paris districts: Opera Garnier, the city's department stores, the Marais, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees, Les Invalides, Montparnasse and Montmartre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Opera Batignolles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Opera Batignolles Hotel Paris