“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Campanile PARIS 19-La Villette

Save Saved
You added Hotel Campanile PARIS 19-La Villette to your Saves list
Hotel Campanile PARIS 19-La Villette
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   147-151 avenue de Flandres, 75019 Paris, France (Formerly Kyriad Paris XIX La Villette)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADDITIONAL 10€ DISCOUNT
Ranked #515 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Moscow, Russia
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

A 3-star hotel which has it's pros and cons.

Pros: - the hotel is around 20 minutes by metro to the city centre (if you consider Louvre a city centre ;) )
- a supermarket is next door
- a kettle with assortment of teas and coffee in the room
- a free Wi-fi
- the room itself looks clean (I stayed in so-called "5 stars" hotels in Brussels which were is much poorer condition.
- the breakfasts are actually good for the money they ask for it. Yes, it doesn't have hot food but try to get outside coffee, juice, ham,cheese, dairy, pastry, etc. as much as you want for 9.5 euros...

Cons:
- Wi-fi is very slow. Don't even think of watching streaming video without stops every 10 seconds.
- The bathroom is tiny!!! And I mean it. It's probably 2 sq. meters...
- The towels are grey. Either the hotel is very environment cautios or too cheap on detergents.

Again, you get what you pay for - if you want something better, stay in Marriott or similar level hotel, pay as twice as this hotel asks for and get as twice as better value. Anyway, next time I'll stay somewhere else, especially after these "bed bugs" reviews that other guests submitted... Creepy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had a concert at Zenith, Paris. This hotel has a very convenient location, close to Zenith (you can walk easily), but also not too far from the centre of Paris (by metro). However, next time I would stay in the center again, we chose this location because of the proximity of Zenith.

The rooms are small, but nice and colorful. The bed was really comfortable. The bathroom has a very nice shower. The people at the front desk are very kind.

A very nice hotel, for a reasonable price. I would recommend it, especially if you need to go to Zenith or La Villette

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

5 mins from my work and close to the station Corentin- coriou, staff friendly and helpful.
Breakfast in Buffet, but no real English breakfast with eggs and bacon only ham and cheese, plus typical french breakfast so bread, cereals, pain au chocolat and croissants....and so on.
the range for dinner choice is not really wide but really great especially pasta with salmon.

Room not really large but enough for few days. Weird smell of cleaning product in the room.
In general, I have had a nice stay and will recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here for one night when in Paris for a gig. I thought it was surprisingly good, very clean, tidy and well looked-after. Location is near the metro and also a nice walk down the canal will take you towards the centre.

All the staff were very friendly and easy to talk to - they even played along with my terrible attempts at French. And accommodated a late switch from a double to a twin room at the last minute.

The breakfast is maybe a little expensive at 9.5 Euro, but isn't every hotel?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was supposed to stay in this hotel for 6 nights when I was in Paris. But I left the hotel after four nights because the hotel has serious bad bug problem. The manager promise to refund our money but later the staffs deny it. The hotel fail to retain relationship to the customers. This hotel ruined our Paris trip!

Room Tip: If you don't want to get bite, you might want to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. After the first night me and my friend both had several bug-bite-marks. They felt so bad. But we thought they were mosquitos. After the second and third night, more marks appeared and we didn't hear and mosquito flying around us. I googled about bed bugs. The marks on our body were just like all the symptom. I went down and found the reception. They said they change a new room for us because we still have 2 nights more to stay. If the second room was unsafe again they refund the money. However when I entered the second room I checked the labels on the mattres because several websites said this is where bed bugs love to hide. I saw it. I saw a small insect was there. I required to check out immediately and refund the money. They REFUSED to do so. The reception was rude. She said it is not possible. But we have no reason to cheat because it was 12 o'clock at night we have nowhere to stay in paris. At last we got money for 2 nights. But we have to through away alots of our clothes and one or our luggage to make sure we won't take the bugs home.

Room Tip: do not choose 604
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at Campanile for 3days, 2nights. It's very close to the metro station(about 1minute), you have one supermarket on the street, and many other nice stores.. The rooms are small, but very confortable,very clean, very modern, with a great tv.The staff it's very nice too. It's a good place to stay, since we only get to the hotel at night, and just wanted to lay down on the bed, relax and watch some tv. The only bad thing was the wi-fi connection. I could not access the internet by Iphone

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Campanile PARIS 19-La Villette? Share your experiences!