We stayed here in late May. I start the review with the one bad thing, but I found this in a many older European hotels. The walls were thin. Thankfully we didn't hear anything too late at night, but they were thin.
Now on to the good
1) Perfect location. Very Quiet. Right next to the Pantheon so you can scratch that off your list right when you get out of bed. A block from Luxembourg Gardens. Close to the Latin Quarter, but not in the heart of it so it was never loud or busy around the hotel. Only about 5 blocks or so from Notre Dame and from there you can head on down to the Louvre/d'Orsay. We walked everywhere and only utilized the Metro to get back from the Eiffel Tower/Arc du Triumph.
2) Modern Amenities. The furniture/walls/bathroom all have looked like they have undergone a recent make over. Great decor. We had a balcony, but not a balcony with a view. All you can really see is the Parthenon and it had construction still going on so I would say you don't need to pay extra for the Parthenon view. Small elevators, but we took the stairs down most days, only 5 flights to the top.
3) Helpful/Polite staff. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful with all of our questions. All spoke great English and we never experienced any of the "French Rudeness" to Americans that you hear so much about. We actually barely encountered that at all.
4) 1 block from train to Charles du Galle Airport. This was perfect, there were no transfers you had to make to get to the Airport. You just took the RER to/from the Luxembourg Stop and you are there. Also 1 block from a taxi stand if you need one.
5) Near restaurants/patisserie. There were some restaurants close to the hotel and many a patisserie that i would walk to every morning to get breakfast
The only other thing I would say is that it was a little expensive, but from what we found if you wanted a nice hotel in Paris you were going to have to pay and this was on the lower priced end of what we saw available. We also did not try the restaurant here.
We would definitely recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the historic 5th arrondissement, just steps away from the Jardin du Luxembourg, and opposite the iconic Panthéon, the Hotel du Pantheon has decided to celebrate the great women of France.The HPRG label has been engaged in the complete renovation the Hotel du Pantheon, one of the most exceptional establishments of the Left Bank, transforming it into a hotel with the aid of interior designer Valérie Manoïl.Chic and calm, this new hotel, a restful haven in the city, ill enchant you with its carefully-studied elegance. With a subtle mix of contemporary and vintage furniture, the 35 rooms over 6 floors all have feminine influences, some obvious, some subtle... Admire the breathtaking view of the Panthéon and the rooftops of Paris, with Sacré Coeur in the distance! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, AvailPro, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel les Dames du Pantheon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Pantheon Hotel
- Du Pantheon Paris