“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Hauteville Opera

You added Hotel Hauteville Opera to your Saves list
Hotel Hauteville Opera
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   41, rue d'Hauteville | 10 Arr., 75010 Paris, France (Entrepôt)   |
Ranked #1,597 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lake Balboa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My family (2 adults/2 kids) loved this little hotel. My husband had only spent one day there and didn't know were to stay so we booked through eurostar. The only negative was the area but that was it. When we showed up at 10am with a 2pm check-in, the room was ready but it wasn't a problem. We stored the luggage in a side room and after getting great ideas on where to go from the wonderful clerk, we were on our way to a wonderful day. Once we got back to our room around 11pm, our luggage was already in our room. The beds were so comfortable and clean as was the rest of the hotel that we saw. I loved this place and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I don't know what is up with the reviews made below.
This is a small and cozy hotell located not far from Montmartre and the heart of the city.
Inexpensive accomodation, though not at all cheap or low standard. The staff is nice, and my guess is that any 'rudeness' is due to language barriers. Also, a little French goes a long way, and that is true for Paris in general.
Breakfast was as expected for a 3-star hotel: A selection of juices; milk; coffee, and tea. Cereal, yogurt, marmelade, baguettes, croissant (plain and choclate), baguettes and eggs, meat and cheese.

Our room was located on the first floor, facing the street but it wasn't busy or loud at all. In general the area is quite nice, we found lots of good bistros and restaurants 3-10 mins walking distance, and also many 2-5 stops on the metro in different directions. At first it seemed the hotel was far from the stations, but it's actually well connected; lines 4, 7, 8 and 12 within walking distance (which all have tranfers to the other lines). Gare du Nord and RER-train 10 mins away.

All in all very pleased with the hotel - I would go back.
Remember, this is not a chain hotel but an independent hotel with European standard.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Ouyen, Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

My daughter & I stayed 3 nights at this dreadful place. I have suffered claustrophobia ever since! The mattress overlay was stained with urine, the air conditioning didn't work, the room was tiny, instead of a twin room we were given a double bed to share.
One of the desk clerks was very rude. The daytime temps were 32, 34 & 37 degrees. So hot, and when I requested the clerk to turn on the lobby air conditioner he told me to go to my room! I told him that our air con was not working, so he went to check & because it was blowing air (the fact that it was HOT seemed to irrelevant to him) he refused to turn the lobby one on as he said it would make him sick! Never mind about the paid up guests!
I would suggest staying anywhere but here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I took my girlfriend to Paris for her birthday ion November 2011 and we chose to stay at this hotel, hotel hauteville opera. On the second day of our stay, I woke up with about 30 or so bed bug bites all over my body. They were big red welts and extremely itchy. See the attached photos.

I went to reception, where the weekend manager was unapologetic, unhelpful and reluctant to provide us with another room for our last night in Paris. I spoke with the general manager after our stay who has proven to be as unhelpful as the weekend manager!!!

This is utterly inappropriate and unprofessional. It is obvious that there was an issue and that this was not a scam or some minor issue with the room - I had been eaten alive!!!!

Not considering the pain and disappointment we shared as a result of staying at this hotel, we also had to take steps to try and ensure that we did carry any bed bugs with us in our belongings to our home after our weekend in Paris.

We both are experienced travellers who have stayed in a variety of hostels and dorm type accommodation and this is the WORST experience either of us has had. This is further enhanced by the continued denial of responsibility and refusal of compensation by the management of this hotel.

We are both thoroughly disappointed and angered by this experience in what was otherwise a lovelly time in Paris.

Seriously consider your options before deciding to stay here. There are a number of other cheaper and superior accommodation options available in Paris.

Once bitten, twice shy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My first trip ever to Europe with start in Paris , this was the first hotel expereince of my trip ( ok, we visited in June 2011 and I know its rather delayed review .. :)
Unhappy and troubled is my instance recollection of my emotion.
First of all it took us over an hour find the hotel ( thanks to French pronunciations ) , ending up paying 35 Euros from Airport to hotel .
Reception Area : Very small .
Room : We were really unhappy , the room only consisted of a big double bed and YES infested with BED BUGS !! . Windows over looking opp appartment into their HOme, bathroom small , my husband couldnt even take shower thanks to low lying ceiling .
The towel were dirty , got them changed ( this activity took close to 55 mins)
breakfast , basic french,

Room Tip: I dont think you will get a good room !
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

The room was dirty, the toilet very dirty, they didn't clean my room every day just if I ask.

The guy at the reception didn't want to call a taxi, he was rude and told me to walk to the train station even if I had a big bag.

The area is bad, is near the central station and at night you shouldn't be on the street.

I can compare it to a a hostel as conditions, but the money are for a 3 star hotel.

I don't recommend !

Room Tip: For the same money, or a litlle bit more try MERCURE PAR SUFFREN EIFFEL 4*, much much better.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Hauteville Opera? Share your experiences!